Moderating Brownies

4 Jan

Now who wants to moderate the consumption of brownies or any treats for that matter?! I do not. That is my BIGGEST downfall. I eat healthy. I exercise. I don’t drink or smoke or do anything bad for me. I try and ride my bike everywhere! I just have this problem with treats. I can’t stop eating them because when I start eating them again, the sweet tooth comes back with vengence!! I’m going to try and eat only small portions of treats from now on. Ha Ha!! That being said I was reading HRG the other day and she mentioned brownies. I thought what a good idea. I had been making a lot of cookies in December and I needed to change it up. I usually like to make everything from scratch but you can not go wrong with the Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix. I made them on Monday, I cut them into small squares, and today there are still 3 left. GO ME!!
IMG_0878
Can you see how small the pieces are? I also made them in a pie pan so there were a lot of pieces with edges.

Do you like the edges or the inside of a brownie? The edges are my favorite!
Does anyone have an “ever edge” brownie pan? I totally want to get one!

9 Responses to “Moderating Brownies”

1. Sherrie January 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM #

I can attest to how good these brownies are, and I did help you by eating at least TWO of them…but that was before the new year, so please don’t come around tempting me with your sweet things, cupcake, because I am just going to run in the opposite direction! And yes, I like edges too!

• triathletetreats January 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM #

I hope to make something good for the next ladies night! I promise to cut them in small squares too! You can always say no. 😦

2. Mrs. JLB January 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM #

Edges are what’s up!!! Which works out well since your brother prefers the insides 🙂 We are so meant to be. LOL.

3. Kristy January 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM #

If you like those crusty edges, try making your brownies in muffin tins! Be careful, though, because people think they are muffins–which for some strange reason suggests a healthier choice–and they disappear faster! To get that flat brownie texture, be sure to only fill the tins about half-full.

• triathletetreats January 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM #

Awesome suggestion and a scoop of ice cream would be the perfect fit on top of a brownie in the shape of a muffin!! 🙂

4. Jen January 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM #

Edges for sure! Thanks for the delicious treats–wish I had one right now 😉

• triathletetreats January 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM #

I wish I had one right now. I did (wait for it) have my share of cookies before dinner at the tri club meeting!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Birthday Treats | Triathlete Treats - April 11, 2013

[…] did not really work out so it ended up being LES but looked like LE6…we also like the outside edges if you did not […]