Finally…Outside at Last!

8 Jan

Its going to be a good day. I started out the day with a swim. We did threshold testing which is my least favorite swim work out of the month!! Of course when I got to the deck this morning and had my first glance of the board, there was a question mark after the warm up…and we always know what is coming…the dreaded threshold testing. Dang it, I should have slept in!! When it was all said and done I felt good about my times and seeing how I have improved over the month. I did not really improve but maintained which is good because I’ve been in recovery mode for the last 8-9 weeks. Feeling good about my swimming and excited to see how much I can improve in 2013.

After the horrendous great swim I was set out to run my first 3 miles outside. Let me add that it has been dry in Portland for the last 10 days(ish) and I’ve been confined to the deathmill. The day it rains I finally get to go outside. I can roll with it. It was not my first time running in the rain nor will it be the last time! Laura was set out to do a track work out so I joined her for her warm up and then I just steadily ran 12 times around the track. I lost track of my laps multiple times but Laura had her watch on, thank goodness, and saved the day. I have no idea what my time or pace was. I was just happy to be out there running pain-free!! Hopefully as I add miles, my ankle will feel just as good, and I’ll be back up to speed in no time!

Happy Tuesday! Were you up early to run this morning?

7 Responses to “Finally…Outside at Last!”

1. Loretta January 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM #

• Mrs. JLB January 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM #

Exactly!!!

2. Sherrie January 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM #

Yes, I was on the speedmill, the lovemill, the “I’m so happy to not be in the rain” mill this morning at 6:22 a.m. for 7 miles at a 10 min mile pace listening to happy music. See, and I even know my run stats for the day! Happy wet running to you!

• triathletetreats January 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM #

At this rate…You will defintely be running Surf City Faster then me!! 🙂

3. Mrs. JLB January 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM #

Totally! Your brother and I were up at 6 running around WE LA in the dark and the snow. YEAH, RIGHT!!! Could you even imagine that? hahaha!!! I haven’t been up before noon since we got back. Too funny 🙂 Glad you’re back outside doing what you love. xoxo.

4. Mandi L January 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM #

Leslie! I was outside to run this morning, longest run in months (and months). Not long by your standards, but pain free for the second time in three days! Thermometer said 36 degrees at 6:30, though my phone said felt like 26. Totally clear and dry though! Great work on your morning swim and run!

• triathletetreats January 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM #

Nice job on a pain-free run as well Mandi! Building blocks!!!:)