Ladies Night at Produce Row

18 Jan

I’ve been organizing a ladies night gathering for 2 years now. We get together once a month. Last night we met at Produce Row. We catch up, gossip, talk dating strategies, talk race schedules, and life in general. I like to bring treats. Its better for me to bake when I have people to share my treats with. Then they are not sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to eat them!
Here are a few treats I’ve made:

April 2011-Lemon birthday cake

April 2011-Lemon birthday cake

Valentines Day 2012 sugar cookies

Valentines Day 2012 sugar cookies

Chocolate Chip cookies-October 2012

Chocolate Chip cookies-October 2012

Yesterday I was noodling over what to bring to dinner. I saw these caramelita cookies on Cookies and Cups the other day. They looked delicious. They were different from my normal chocolate and peanut butter routine. This is what I went for and glad I did!
I made only half of the recipe. I thought I definitely did not need to have 40 cookies lying around. I did manage to only eat 1 bite of cookie dough, 1 rolo, and 2 of the cookies(that fell apart because they were stuck to the pan). ๐Ÿ™‚

These women typically only eat (maybe) 1 cookie but last night the container was just about gone before we had even ordered dinner.

Mary Jane, Sherrie, Ilana, Jenny, and Carly

Mary Jane, Sherrie, Ilana, Jenny, and Carly

They were definitely a hit!! Ryan, our waiter, even managed to get one before the last ones were fought over! Had I known they were going to be so popular I would have made the entire batch! If you would like the recipe, you can find it here: Caramelita Cookies All her recipes are amazing! IF and WHEN you make these, make sure all of the rolo is covered equally with the dough cause it will stick to your pan.
Thanks Ladies for joining me every month and enjoying my treats.

11 Responses to “Ladies Night at Produce Row”

1. Sherrie January 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM #

What a great time! But your first mistake was to make a HALF BATCH! You should have made a DOUBLE BATCH! Girl~~~!!!

• triathletetreats January 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM #

I never know! If I had made th double batch…I would have been begging people to eat them! Murphey’s Law!! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. MoM January 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM #

Yummy!

3. Robin January 18, 2013 at 8:39 PM #

Hey girl – thank you for always a great monthly girls night! Just a hint, use parchment paper ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Ashley January 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM #

Wish I could be there! Sounds like a lot of fun! Since having the boys, my sweet tooth has kicked up a notch! Will have to try the cookies! Yummy!

• triathletetreats January 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM #

Ash—Wait until you see the recipe I post today!! You have to try them!!

5. Change of Pace January 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM #

Those cookies sound delicious, and I love that you gals gather monthly!

• triathletetreats January 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM #

They were delicious! I would never see half of the gals if I did not organize a dinner! ๐Ÿ™‚

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Valentine’s Edition 2013 « Triathlete Treats - February 14, 2013

[…] they would be fun to go with regardless. Then Plan Z commenced. He is a server at the bar we had ladies night at in January. We coaxed him into getting involved in the TNT date auction that happens every year. […]

2. February Ladies Night | Triathlete Treats - February 22, 2013

[…] after our last ladies night, Sherrie requested that I make a peanut butter cheesecake she saw on Facebook. I said sure. I do […]