Wildflower Training Week 1 DONE!

28 Jan

My first official week of training has finished. If you did not know, I am Training for Wildflower long course. 14 weeks away. I will be down at Lake San Antonio for my 4th run at Wildflower. I have had 1 good day(first attempt: 7:10). I have had a very hard day(second attempt: 7:04). I have had a good mental day–but could not squeeze in under the 7 hour mark(third attempt: 7:02). I have been waiting for a sub7 there for a long time. This is the year! I can feel it!!

I’m going to train hard and hope for a big PR. My goal is a sub 7 hour. Which means anything with a 6:xx in front of it. This is a difficult course. A tough bike ride and an even tougher run. It is the “Woodstock” of Triathlons. I am going down with a bunch of peeps. Super excited because we are renting an RV. HELLO!! I am not sure why I have not thought of that before! Just knowing I will be sleeping well makes me believe it is going to be an EPIC RACE.

Official stats for the week:
Swim: 7100 meters
Bike: 105 miles (60 road miles; 45 commuting miles)
Run: a whooping 10 miles (still recovering!!)
1 strength session
1 Pilates class
I really wanted to get in a yoga class too but it did not happen! 😦

This is the year of the Sub 7 at WF!! Bring it on!!

10 Responses to “Wildflower Training Week 1 DONE!”

1. Sherrie January 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM #

Dear Leslie,
    You are an EPIC tri freak!
    Your friend,
    Sherrie

• triathletetreats January 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM #

If I am the Epic tri freak then you are the Ultimate tri freak!! 🙂

2. MoM January 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM #

You go girl!

3. Mrs. JLB January 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM #

You can do it!!!

• triathletetreats January 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM #

I’m hoping all goes well the next 14 weeks!! 🙂

4. Change of Pace January 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM #

Whew- nice swimming week!
    I have high hopes that you’ll break 7 this year! And I love the idea of renting an RV!

• triathletetreats January 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM #

Abby–My swimming is quite out of control. I swim with a masters team 2x a week for an 1.5 hours. I would never swim that much on my own!! You are telling me–3x at WF and I will finally sleep well!! 🙂

5. Kristy January 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM #

Hey Treat-girl,
    Nice job on first week of WF training!! I am sure you will go sub-seven.
    This morning I asked you about DeMarle, a super nifty French bakeware brand. You would love it!!! It is a strange woven glass but looks and feels like a rubbery plastic. It cooks super evenly and the cleanup is amazing: the goopiest, stickyest messes slide right off! The only drawback is that it is expensive, but it is very worth it! I will text you some pictures, and if you want to borrow a piece or two to try out, I can help!
    With all the time you save in cleanup, you can train more!

• triathletetreats January 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM #

OMG!! It sounds like I definitely need some DeMarie. I will take you up on your offer and borrow something!