2 work outs and a CHALLENGE

7 Feb

I started my thursday per the usual swim. 3400 meters of pure HELL BLISS. More threshold work. My coach is out of town at a training camp. I am pretty sure that he is having a rough time. (I guess that is what happens when you are a pro triathlete.) Which translates into him sending us work-outs that are way worse than the normal hard work-outs!

It was just Mark and I in our lane today. We did a normal warm up and then we pulled out 6 sets of 200 HARD-Thresold Pace(TP) on 3:30 with :20Rest; 100 HARD-TP on 1:45 :10Rest; 100 easy :60Rest. I always know it is a hard work out when I can feel myself sweating in the water!! I remember when those sets used to be 3:50 and 1:55…The good ‘ol days!

Came home to re-fuel and wait for Jim Carrey The Cable Guy. Tried to use my time wisely before I had to go do my spin. It is crazy how I can spend the entire day doing what seems like a lot but nothing really gets done! 😦

My spin went good. Lots of fast spinning. It was hard though!

I really just wanted to tell you I did that so I could give you the very last, I promise, update on the shower. I took one today. It was not bad. The pressure is better than the last place! It got warmer faster too! I will probably continue to take showers at the gym but it is nice to have it here…just in case!!

As you can see it is very fancy-shmancy!

Here is the real news of the day:

Sheryl and I are both single and looking. We decided about a month ago that we were going to see Mortified Portland. It is a Valentines Doomed Show. What is Mortified you asked? In short, it is story tellers sharing their mortified memories!

The only PROBLEM with that is we decided on a CHALLENGE. We have to find dates.
home-alone

I really wanted to try to be pro-active THIS YEAR on finding a guy. I guess that is why I took the challenge. I am not a shy person by any means but when it comes to guys I get nervous. Maybe that is why I am still single! 😦

I am telling you this because we are 1 week out from the event. 7 days! A LOT of hours!! I have 3 prospects. I am not sure if any of them are single but I guess I better find out soon!
heart

The other problem is that it is the night before Valentines Day. Which is a total buzzkill! Wish me luck I am going to a running event tonight maybe I can find someone there! 🙂

How was your work out today? Do you think it is ok to ask out a guy?

11 Responses to “2 work outs and a CHALLENGE”

1. Kara February 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM #

I need to swim with you…I need someone to get my butt into gear! Your workout sounds awesome…and swimming alone just isn’t cutting it for me!

That show sounds fun, I bet it will be hilarious! Are you a member of any running or tri clubs? Or charities? I feel like those are prime places to meet people! 🙂 Good luck! And YES I think it’s totally okay to ask a guy out!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM #

I do a masters swim 2x a week. They are awesome but hard!! I have gotten way faster! You should try to find a masters group or some people from TNT to swim with. It is so much better to swim with people. It pushes you hard and makes you not only a faster swimmer but a stronger swimmer!

I am real involved with my tri club there just isn’t any SINGLE guys! It is so sad!! My roomate is having a party this weekend with lots of guys I don’t know…I am hoping to snag one of them or at least beg one to go with me!!

2. Change of Pace February 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM #

Sounds like a fun Valentine’s event! Hope you found a runner tonight! And of course it’s ok to ask a guy out!
    I think I need to swim with you, too. Well, try to keep up swimming behind!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM #

I am super excited for the show. No prospects at the run tonight so I have my work cut out for me this weekend!!

Can you find a masters swim? It has changed my life!! 🙂 haha!!

• Change of Pace February 8, 2013 at 5:29 AM #

Lol- I’m sure you’ll be just fine finding a date!
        I should try a masters swim. The only problem is that I start work at 7, so it’s hard to find anything that would be finished early enough.

3. MoM February 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM #

When I come for a visit… I’m going to swim with you. Can I draft or is it drift? Can’t wait to take a shower… Is there a shower curtain? Maybe you will fall in love before I get there! Can’t wait too see you. Xoxo

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM #

Of course you can come “draft” off me!!

Don’t be too excited!! Yes there is a curtain! I just hope I have blinds in my room before you come!! It is probably a long shot though!! 😦

Can’t wait to see you! xoxoxo

4. Eva February 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM #

dang, that’s a tough challenge! my fingers are crossed for yoU! the show sounds aweeome

• Eva February 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM #

also say hi to Sheryl for me! if she ever wants to move to reno, we have a job here for her!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats February 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM #

Yeah! We will see how it goes! I actually have 2 new prospects!