Rest Week re-cap on Rest Day

20 Mar

I thought since it was my rest day I would talk about my rest week(last week). I have 2 more building blocks before Wildflower.
wfc

43 days. How did that happen? Triathlon season is in full swing! I have been on a couple outside bike rides which is weird nice because it is March! Typically the weather in Portland does not allow us outside much during the winter so it had been nice. There is still plenty of time to have good or nasty weather.

I had a good rest week despite the fact that I was sick. I shuffled around my work outs a little. I only really missed an hour recovery on the bike. I was certainly glad that I was not in a big week that is a fact!

Here are week 8 stats:
Swim: 6900 meters
Bike: 66 miles (41 road miles and 25 commuting miles)
Run: 11.3 miles
1 pilates session

I have a bike ride on Saturday…Lets just hope that this weather forecast stands:
weather

SPRING is here…TIME to CELEBRATE!!

Are you looking forward to spring?

9 Responses to “Rest Week re-cap on Rest Day”

1. MoM March 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM #

It’s summer in Las Vegas!

2. olivetorun March 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM #

You’re getting so close! So exciting 😀

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM #

Very exciting! I am hoping to have an epic race. This will be my 4th time doing it!!

• olivetorun March 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM #

Can’t wait to hear about it!

3. Jan @ Sprouts n Squats March 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM #

We’ve just come into Autumn here in Australia so spring is a while away yet. I’m actually glad it is Autumn to have slightly cooler weather after some crazy hot days here but I know come winter time I’ll be wishing it was summer (or spring) 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM #

Aren’t we always wishing it was a different time of the year!?? 🙂 Its such crazy weather in Oregon. WE are never happy!!

4. Change of Pace March 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM #

Looks like you had a great week for being sick and on recovery! And I’m super jealous you’re cycling outside so much!
    After two winter storms this week and feet of snow, I won’t be getting off my trainer for a long time!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 22, 2013 at 6:52 PM #

A foot of SNOW!!! Sad day!! It has been nice riding outside…but it is freezing. I am going out early tomorrow morning and its going to be in the 30s! 😦 BUT its not on the trainer! 🙂