8:33 MILE

26 Mar

Yes…you read it. I ran an 8:33 mile today.

Killer track work out today.
First warm-up: 1.5 miles
Second warm-up: 3×400 progressive (1 lap) 2:08; 2:07; 2:06
MAIN: 1 mile: the only instruction we had was to run hard! I did not want to get crazy on the first, second, or even the third lap…I wanted to finish strong. I hit 2:11 on the first 3 laps exactly! The fourth lap was a 2:00. Now that tells me I paced it pretty good BUT I had to of held back a little too much…if I could go that fast on the fourth lap!?!? WTF?
Second Main: 2×800 hard but could be a few seconds slower a lap then the mile…UNLESS you wanted to let it RIP! (2 laps) 4:13; 4:08 FAST!
To finish it off: 1×400: as fast as we could. 400s are supposed to be fun right? That is what Amy was telling us as we were off and running! 2:00 flat!
I had an awesome day at the track to say the least!

On another note: I am happy to report that the new cherry limeade Nuun flavor is NEW my favorite!

What is your fastest mile? I know that 8:33 is not fast by it is for me. Super Exciting!!

9 Responses to “8:33 MILE”

1. Mrs. JLB March 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM #

Fastest mile… hmmm… However long it takes to walk around (aka saunter and gossip w girlfriends) the track at Clark 4 times during gym class. 30 minutes??? tee hee πŸ™‚

2. MoM March 26, 2013 at 11:57 PM #

I can walk a mile…. in an hour (or two).

3. discorunner March 27, 2013 at 6:22 AM #

Nice work! The track workout can be so unforgiving but it feels AMAZING when you have a great one!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM #

Definitely!! I feel like I have SLOWLY gotten faster as the years have passed but I feel like I have had some sort of breakthrough this year! πŸ™‚

4. Change of Pace March 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM #

Way to go Leslie! That’s awesome! I haven’t ran speed or track since I quit track over 11 years ago! I’d shudder to think what I’d run a mile in now compared to back then.
    That Nuun flavour sounds amazing! I wonder if we have it in Canada?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM #

It is defintely amazing!! I think you can get Nuun there can’t you? If you can the new flavors are out..and I bet you can get them!! πŸ™‚ Let me know if you try it!!

5. olivetorun March 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM #

I never want to see “I know that isn’t fast…”
    Uhm, you’re fast, and wonderful. BE PROUD of that 8:33 girlfriend!! πŸ™‚