Fantastic Four Thing FRIDAY!!

29 Mar

It is Friday again. How did that happen. It seems to come quicker and quicker every week.

1-Yesterday, a friend sent an email to a group of us that are doing Wildflower. Countdown: 35 days until go time! The title of the email was: Oh Crap! The thread was pretty funny. There was about 8 of us on it. It will be the first time for all of them. 4th time for me. I assured them they will be well-trained up, ready to hit the Nasty Grade and all other “fun” stuff pertaining to the Woodstock of Triathlon!
wfc

I accidentally found this, this morning.
keep-calm-the-countdown-is-on-2
I promptly sent this to the group.

2-I went to Starbucks to get a breakfast sandwich because I had a coupon. They always have the daily horoscopes out.
horo
I am pretty sure they are talking about my Nuun application. Dang it!!

3-I was dying to make sugar cookies this weekend. I did not get to make any at Christmas. (I blame you…TT Lee!!) 🙂 I thought it would be fun to make them for Easter. I thought it would be too much work. THEN I came across this recipe. Sugar Cookie Bars! HELLO!!
It is a GIANT sugar cookie!!

I will tell you what I like about it:
1-It has the consistency of a sugar cookie.
2-It tastes like a sugar cookie.
3-It has cream cheese in it, but you can not taste it.
4-I did not have to chill it or cut shapes out of it.
5-Super easy!

I will tell you what I do not like about it:
1-The almond extract (It is ok but I will delete it the next time I make it because this recipe is going in my permanent collection.

If you are lucky enough to be helping me with my “project” tomorrow you will get one!!

4-San Francisco is one of my favorite places to visit. There are so many things to do. Good food and restaurants. Awesome ice cream places!! I will be there one week from TODAY to celebrate my 34th birthday and to run the Rock in Roll inaugural San Francisco 1/2 marathon. Watch out San Fran…Leslie is coming to visit!
header-san-francisco

The route is going to be awesome! We get to run over the Golden Gate Bridge. I cannot express to you how excited I am to be running this on my birthday!

How was your Friday?

10 Responses to “Fantastic Four Thing FRIDAY!!”

1. olivetorun March 30, 2013 at 5:00 AM #

You’re going to have so much fun running that race next weekend!! 😀
    Also, anything that is a favorite dessert in giant size is SO much better!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM #

I am super excited!!

I think I might make a GIANT chocolate chip cookie!

• olivetorun March 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM #

Oh lord… send me some?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM #

Right! I need to send you some of these sugar cookies!

2. Kara March 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM #

I love San Fran!! I want to run the Nike Women’s Half next year – I was there working at the race last year and it looked AMAZING!! Oh and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! Have fun!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM #

The Nike Womens is awesome! I ran it in 2009! I would love to do it again or do the new DC one!!

3. Mrs. JLB March 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM #

That sugar cookie bar thing looks AMAZING!!! Let’s make it top priority this upcoming Christmas fo sho 🙂

4. Change of Pace March 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM #

Thirty-five days will come quickly- exciting!
    Even more exciting is your upcoming birthday, trip, and race! SF is a great city!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM #

I know…I can’t believe it is April tomorrow!! I heart SF and have not been in a couple of years. I need to make a list of everything I want to do and eat!!