2 pieces of EXCITING NEWS

17 Apr

I got an email from my coach with my updated threshold numbers based on my Race for the Roses 5K. I looked at the numbers:
400s: 2:04
800s: 4:13
1200s: 6:25
1600s: 8:41

Now that I know the numbers I feel like the pressure is really on!

1st bit of EXCITING news:
Track Work-out. Practice. Class. commenced at 9:30 yesterday morning. The sun was out but it was COLD! Amy told us we were going to do mile repeats! DANG!

I can not even remember when the last time I did mile repeats. Maybe in IMAZ training?! Of course I had to go through my log and find them! Now most type A people use Training Peaks or some sort of log. Sarah made up a spreadsheet training log that is pretty bad-ass. It probably works good too.

I on the other hand just write notes about my workouts in a notebook. It is hell trying to find something but I like writing it out old school. That being said. I found (what I think) is the last time I did mile repeats. May 29, 2012. 9:13. 9:08. 9.10. Almost a year ago. I can not believe it has been that long. –OR– I just missed one, which is quite possible!

Back to yesterdays workout. I was nervous to do miles. Obviously it has been a while. We were going to do 3. Hard as you can but keep up the pace for all 3. I knew if I needed to do a 8:41 mile I would need to average 2:10 per lap. I pretty much hit on the dot the first lap, a tense faster the second lap, wanted to try for a little more the third, and take it home for the fourth.

Remember when I did that 8:33 mile?

I totally crushed it!! 8:24. 8:25. 8.31. So Amazing! Not sure how I pulled it off but I did! I guess I am getting faster. Who knew that would be possible. 🙂 That was my BIG GOAL for the year.

2nd bit of EXCITING.AWESOME.FABULOUS.NEWS:
I was chosen for the Nuun Hood To Coast Team!!! This is how I found out:
phone

I promptly checked my email and the nuun blog. Sure enough I was chosen. They had almost 100 applications. I guess the 12 days of Running was a success. Do you think my teammates will want to sing that in the van?! Kara and I both got selected. So Exciting!!!

Thanks NUUN for this opportunity for such an epic adventure!!

Did anyone else have a good Wednesday?!?

17 Responses to “2 pieces of EXCITING NEWS”

1. MoM April 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM #

You go girl! Nice to know your family was the inspiration for your video? We love you and always support you! Proud, once again and always, of you!!!

2. T's Mom April 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM #

Wow Leslie!!!!! So very impressive. I’m proud of you too!! I remember being at the finish line in Eugene that 1st time (was it your 1st, I know it was Tracy’s) & it was so very exciting. Congrats, congrats! Btw, I think it was your blog too, besides the video. I really enjoy reading it even tho’ some of the terminology goes right over my head. You are always up my friend & that comes across in your blog. 😊

3. Abby @ Change of Pace April 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM #

Congratulations on making the team! I was so excited for you when I read their announcement blog!
    And- that’s awesome you are seeing speedy results!
    I ran yesterday, which was awesome! It was about four miles, but I’ll take it!

4. Kimberly @ Healthy Strides April 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM #

Congrats on making the team!

5. Kristen L April 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM #

Horray!! Congrats on making the team too! I’m looking forward to meeting you in August!

Also, Isn’t it so exciting to see progress on your speed?!? Love it. Way to crush those mile repeats!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM #

Thanks! I love seeing my progess expecially in running. Track workouts are my least favorite of the week but after it is all said and done…I feel great and strong.

6. Holly April 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM #

oh my! I am SO {beyond} excited for this amazing opportunity and to meet you!!!!

7. Karen Poole (@superwomankw) April 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM #

Congratulations! I also was chosen and I can’t wait to meet you at the race! Congrats on making the Nuun Team!

8. olivetorun April 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM #

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :d :d

9. Kara April 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM #

I looked for your name on there as soon as I saw they posted the official list, I know you really wanted it! YAY!!! CONGRATS!!

10. kelseygodfrey May 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM #

I’m so excited that you got picked! I just know you are going to have so much fun! Once you become part of the Nuun family, you are family forever! Congrats!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Week 13 Done! | Triathlete Treats - April 22, 2013

[…] 3400 meter swim. Aerobic. Long warm-up. Lots of builds and easy. Nothing too fancy + Sweet 5 Mile track work out. 1 mile warm up. 3x1mile repeats. 8:24, 8:25, 8:31. FAST!! I am getting faster. 1 mile cool down. […]