Saturday afternoon COOKIES

27 Apr

I have decided not to mention the W word today. If you have been a reader for over a week, you will know what the W stands for. There will be plenty of talk about it in the next week!! 🙂

I have been eager to bake for a couple of weeks. I am obviously into cookies right now. I thought I could make a big batch to take down to Wildflower California next week. I needed something that would travel well.

The winner: Brown Butter Oatmeal Chunk Cookies

2 reasons I made these:
1–Oatmeal travels well
2–I bought these chocolate chunks in San Fran a couple of weeks ago and was eager to use them.

You ask why I bought these in San Fran, hundred miles away to bring back to P-Town?? I can not find chunks anywhere. I usually buy “big” chocolate chips and use those instead of chunks. When I saw the chunks I just had to buy them.

AMAZINGLY enough I had every single ingredient. I even doubled the batch!! I guess that makes 3 reasons I made these.

I liked the recipe. It was pretty easy. A couple of “waiting” steps.
1– You had to brown the butter and then let it cool.
2– The dough needed to go in the fridge for 1/2 hour before baking.

I almost forgot: I put a cup or so of coconut in it. Just to top it off!

First BATCH done:

Enjoy! Did anyone bake anything this weekend? OR Have exciting plans?? OR Race this weekend???

8 Responses to “Saturday afternoon COOKIES”

1. Twisted Running April 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM #

Those look awesome!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM #

They taste pretty good too! 🙂

• Sue Moote April 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM #

Can you deliver them to Maupin–there are a whole bunch of us racing that would really appreciate them!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM #

I wish you were going down to Wildflower…because that is where they are all going!! (except for the ones I have already eaten) 🙂 I might make some gluten free ones too!!

2. OneMotherofaDay April 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM #

Those cookies look sooooo good!!! No baking plans this weekend. Just an 8 miler tomorrow morning with one of my running buddies.

3. Kristen L April 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM #

omg. Looks like I have a new recipe to try!

This weekend was full of training — cycling yesterday, and a run this morning. Hope you had a lovely weekend too!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM #

The recipe is awesome. I also made pb oatmeal chocolate chip cookies…That may have been more amazing. I will post on those guys another time!! 🙂