FOUR thing Friday!

10 May

I have had a nice relaxing recovering week from Wildflower. It has been super nice here in the Pacific NW unlike the rest of the United States! I am leaving again this weekend but staying in Oregon. Which brings me to my first “thing:

1. My coach is having a training camp in Bend this weekend. You ask what a training camp entails? Lots and lots of biking and running!! We are leaving at noon today. We run tonight. We go for either an 80 or 100 miler tomorrow. We run again. Sunday we do another LONG ride with a transition run. What you really need to know is: I will be drinking lots of chocolate milk and wearing lots of compression. Wish me luck!

2. I was one of 10 to receive a free entry to the Deschutes Dash Olympic race. I am not one to turn down “free”. I signed up promptly! It is in July 2 weeks after Pac Crest long course and a week before my first Relay of the season. I was supposed to go on vacay that week but I do not think we are going now. I am excited because I did it a long time ago and want to do it again. They have changed the run course which I am not particularly excited about because it is harder. BOO!!
DD

3. When I set my goals for IMAZ, my BIGGEST goal, I wanted to do a sub 13 hour. I told myself If I did the race in less than 12:59 I would buy myself a new IPod. I also told my mom that if I did a sub 13 hour I wanted to her to buy me the new Garmin 910x. Well I exceeded my goal by a lot but I never did buy the IPod or get the Garmin. When I set my goals for Wildflower I thought if I made my sub 7 happen then I would buy this necklace that I have been eyeing for a while. I finally rewarded myself and bought it yesterday! So excited!!

We also got a DQ blizzard on our drive back from WF:

Peanut Butter Chocolate chunk with brownie pieces! Good Stuff!!

Peanut Butter Chocolate chunk with brownie pieces! Good Stuff!!

This is usually my reward after races!

4. We got our leg assignments for Hood To Coast this week. I am on Team Lemonade as runner #2.
lega

What are you doing this weekend?
Have you ever rewarded yourself after a good race?

13 Responses to “FOUR thing Friday!”

1. Eva May 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM #

have fun in Bend! should be nice and hot, hopefully!!

yay for blizzards, always!!

2. Kristen L May 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM #

Have fun this weekend in Bend! I’m heading up to that area at the end of June for a conference, but I’m also hoping to get in a lot of biking and running in. πŸ™‚

Love the necklace you bought for yourself. I definitely treat myself a little after meeting a big goal.

Also, so excited we are in the same van!! πŸ™‚ It’s going to be awesome.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 13, 2013 at 8:44 PM #

Are you going to be up there the last weekend of June? You should do Pac Crest!!!! It is in Sunriver!!! It is a whole sports weekend!

We are going to rock the house! Go Team Lemonade!!! So excited!!!

3. Change of Pace May 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM #

Sounds like a fun training weekend! I love the necklace- it’s gorgeous!
    And, exciting about Team Nuun! I hope I make the team one year!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 13, 2013 at 8:40 PM #

I can’t wait to wear the necklace this weekend!

You are going to have to stop doing IM Canada so you can get on the team!! πŸ™‚ (I did hear they are changing Whistler to July next year…that might just be a rumor though?!

BTW…have you gotten the new NUUN flavors yet?

4. Kara May 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM #

I got that same blizzard last weekend, haha! Soo good. Fun fact: DQ was my first job in high school πŸ™‚

That’s SO AWESOME you’re going to that camp! I’m super jealous….have fun!! PS you did a sub 13 hour Ironman?! That’s incredible!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM #

OMG…that blizzard was amazing!! I wanted to stop again after camp but I was voted out by the boys. We stopped and got shakes instead!
      Yes!! I did IMAZ in 12:30! Talk about shocking!!! πŸ™‚

5. Jesica @rUnladylike May 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM #

Love the necklace! And you definitely need to get yourself a Garmin 910 asap. It is awesome and is such a game-changer, for swimming especially. I’m super excited to be on Team Lemonade with you! What an amazing time we are going to have. Congrats on all your racing success recently!!! You are going to need to teach me to be that fast πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM #

Thanks!! I have the 310 and it was on the fritz before I did IMAZ so I almost just bought the 910 then it was working just fine. One day I will buy the 910!
      So excited for TEAM Lemonade!! WE are going to rock the house!!

6. Holly May 16, 2013 at 4:15 PM #

Deschutes dash is one of my favorite triathlons…mainly because the swim is FAST, it was my first, it’s always right around my birthday, the run is very spectator friendly, and I absolutely LOVE the old mill district! Have fun! And GO TEAM LEMONADE!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM #

I am so excited to be racing it again. It has been 5 years since the first time I did it!! Will be interesting to see how it goes but the run is different now! 😦
      Go Team Lemonade!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Music or NO Music? | Triathlete Treats - May 30, 2013

[…] That backfired because my IPod stopped working! Hence why I was going to buy a new one if I did a sub 13 at IMAZ! I can honestly say that I had a huge break through with my mental toughness. Whether that was […]