PC Training #19 & #20 + Kitchen Stuff

11 Jun

I am still waiting for pictures. If I do not have them by tomorrow I am just going to post the Blue Lake recap!! I know you are anxiously awaiting it! šŸ™‚

paccrest
Pac Crest training has gone well the last couple of weeks. Lots of good runs. Lots of good rides. I am definitely feeling better about my swimming now that I am in the pool 3 times a week instead of 2.

Week 19 PC training stats
Swim: 8800 meters
Bike: 113 miles (70 road miles and 43 miles commuting miles)
Run: 21.7 miles
1 pilates class

Week 20 PC training stats–Rest(ish)/Taper(ish) week
Swim: 8200 meters
Bike: 96 miles (54 road miles and 42 commuting miles)
Run: 13.5 miles
1 pilates class

In between training I cleaned off my food shelf. It was getting ridiculous! I have decided I have way too many water bottles! I have way too much Nuun and I just ordered a bunch more. (Can you say addicted?) I should have enough Gu to get me through my Chicago Marathon training!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Looks better huh?

More on the kitchen: Greg is working hard fast on our his new kitchen!! Top 3 reasons I am excited for a new kitchen! First and foremost: the water dispenser! In a VERY CLOSE 2nd: the dishwasher. Lastly and 3rd: the garbage disposal!! I am also excited to have the Kitchen Aid on the counter and not on top of the fridge anymore. It is heavy and awkward bringing it down from there and then having to put it back up!!
IMG_2015[1]

Training and Kitchens…what I love most about life!

What do you like most about your kitchen?

7 Responses to “PC Training #19 & #20 + Kitchen Stuff”

1. sweetlybalanced June 12, 2013 at 4:47 AM #

I always feel so much better when I get to cleaning things up! It’s like a huge relief when there is less clutter!

2. Sherrie June 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM #

I love that feeling of having a purged organized nutrition shelf! Too many race samples of all kinds of stuff build up over time. Looks great!!

3. Change of Pace June 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM #

I am eagerly waiting for your race report!
    Wow- are you ever putting in the swimming miles! I’m only swimming once a week, but it’s so good for my sanity instead of forcing myself to go a second time (and hating it)!
    Our fuel shelf is a disaster, too. I think I love my pantry the most, just because when I open it there are so many delicious options!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM #

I feel like I need to swim 3x a week to actual feel good in the water! Are you comfortable in the water? or are you bored? Why do you hate it?

4. MoM June 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM #

I love when my kitchen has food in it – and that’s not often šŸ˜¦

5. Kristen L June 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM #

I had to organize my cupboard a couple weeks ago too. So easy for it to get insane! Luckily we keep water bottles in another spot or it would be really out of control. We have a ton of GU and Bloks… and lots of protein/energy bars.

I’m looking forward to your race recap!

6. falcor007 June 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM #

I love my enormous kitchen (even though it has little storage). Husband hates all of my tupperware from my daily feed the beast sessions. And since I don’t have many cupboards, the top of the fridge stores my 15 gallons worth of protein powder (no joke) LOL