Easy Riding + Strawberry Picking

14 Jun

Erica, from Eugene, came up so we could go for a ride this weekend. She just bought a 2012 Scott. She has been riding a little bit in Eugene but wanted to come up and ride with a professional me.
IMG_2030[1]

Erica is not an experienced rider so we decided to drive out to the Sauvies Island. I saved her from riding on the dirty 30!! We also wanted to strawberry pick when we were done riding.
IMG_2017[1]

We set out to do 2 loops. 24 miles. I had a recovery ride on the schedule today so this was perfect! The clouds were pretty dark but it was not supposed to rain so I thought we would be in the clear!
IMG_2033[1]

I had a great ride. I let Erica draft off me the entire time. That is what a good friend is for. šŸ™‚ She also had a great ride. We pushed the second lap just a tad faster than the first lap! I am not going to lie it was nice just having a leisurely ride.
IMG_2026[1]

After some chocolate milk, we hit the strawberry fields! After a 1/4 mile hike to the strawberry fields…we got to pickin’!

IMG_2035[1]

IMG_2046[1]

We were coming away with a lot of loot! We got about 4 pounds each.
IMG_2039[1]

What else do you do with fresh strawberries? Make margaritas smoothies!

S-B special smoothie
(2 snack servings or 1 decent serving)

These are approximate portions:
1/2 C frozen blueberries
1 C fresh strawberries
1/2 C yogurt
1/2 C almond milk
1 scoop protein powder

Blender or mix to your desire consistency!
IMG_2040[1]

Notes: You can use juice if you want or add a banana

DELICIOUS!!

Do you have a good smoothie recipe to share?

9 Responses to “Easy Riding + Strawberry Picking”

1. Mrs. JLB June 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM #

Those strawberries look amazing! They just let you pick them for free or what? I don’t put fruit in my smoothies anymore… I’m on a chocolate protein powder and peanut butter kick with almond milk and a bit of ice. I’ve also been adding bee pollen which is super delish! It’s supposed to help you focus and who couldn’t use a little help in that department šŸ™‚

2. Sherrie June 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM #

That is so cool that you went strawberry picking! I had no idea it’s even the season or that they had u pick there. So cool!

3. Change of Pace June 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM #

Sounds like a great day with a recovery ride with a friend AND strawberry picking!
    I love strawberries in my smoothies. Mine are pretty much the same as yours but trade the yogurt for a banana!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM #

Erica asked me what my pace was for a leisurely ride. I said I never did a leisurely ride. She said that is so sad! I said I like going for hard rides!! It was definitely nice just to cruise though! šŸ™‚

4. Kristen L June 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM #

Looks like fun. I’ve never done strawberry picking. Only blueberries. I like to make strawberry daqueries too. šŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM #

Blueberry picking is way easier!! šŸ™‚
      We made rum, strawberry puree, and lemonade drinks at the BBQ!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks