Last Big Training Week!

16 Jun

It is hard to believe that Pac Crest is in 13 days. I had a hard training this week! Not too many more hard days to come. It went really well. I ate good. Slept good. All is well!

Big bike week: PC Training week #21

Monday: Spin Class + 14 mile commute

Tuesday: Swim: 3200 meters (speed)+ Track work out: Amy was out of town so I was on my own. 6X800: 4:23, 4:17. Both of those were rough. I thought Oh Man! Then I had a 4:13, 4:07, 4:09, and 4:07. Felt really good! Hard but good! +14 mile commute

Wednesday: Rest day + 14 mile commute

Thursday: Swim 3700 meters (drafting practice)+ 2:15 Trainer ride(it was raining) 😦 with 3 x 25 min threshold pace intervals. I thought I might die by the third.

Friday: 1 hour pilates + 24 mile recovery ride

Saturday: 54 mile bike ride. Almost 5,000 of climbing. By myself. I wanted to get some rollers in and a couple climbs. As I was ascending Thompson, a guy comes up behind me huffing and puffing, I look over and he could not be younger than 70. I thought shit! He passed me and did not look back! Cruised Skyline and went into North Plains. I wanted to do Logies Trail from the south side. It is a nice long 4 mile climb. I have not done it in probably 2 years. I think that it was better than the last time I did it! 🙂

I had looked up a map to see what kind of ride I could find. Found one for about 56 miles. Perfect! Well I got to the bottom of Logies at mile 20 when I was not supposed to hit it until mile 27. Dang it! I am going to have to re-calculate something. I ended up going back down Skyline and hitting Rock Creek for another 4 mile climb.
IMG_2048[1]

IMG_2050[1]

Awesome ride! Felt solid! Got home and did my 2 mile transition run. It was good. Hot! But PC will be hot so it is better to practice NOW!!

Another run in the Hokas!

Another run in the Hokas!

Sunday: 2000 meter Hagg Lake organized swim. This is an awesome event! They have an 800 meter, 2000 meter, and 4000 meter swim. You can do 1, 2, or all 3 events. The plan was to do the 800 as a warm up and then “race” the 2000. They changed the timing this year and the 2000 went first! So just a quick warm up. The water temp was great! They do a big BBQ afterwards. I partaked after my run.

It was a mass start. SHITSHOW! Battlefield for at least the first 200 meters. I felt like I swam well. I drafted a bunch. It was hard not too…so many people. Good practice for an Ironman swim! Oh I forgot they are not really doing a mass start anymore! 😦 Came out in 33:14 7th in my AG and right before Greg! 🙂

Why am I the only one in their swim cap already?

Why am I the only one in their swim cap already?

Run approx. 10.36 miles in approx. 1:46. I forgot my watch. I ran naked! Which I was totally fine doing but I had no idea when to take a gu. I was just guessing. I also thought it was 12.3 miles around the lake. I felt good. The road is really hilly. It was hard but good!! I do not really need hills for PC but I am looking more toward my relays this summer!!

Rounding out the week with:
Swim: 8900 meters
Bike: 170 miles (128 road miles and 42 commuting miles)
Run: 17 miles
1 Pilates class

Fun things I did this weekend:
Went to a BBQ: Since I could not make dessert I made a southwest bean salad:
IMG_2053[1]

easy recipe:
1 can each of: black beans, kidney beans, and corn. 1 orange bell pepper, 1 pint of cherry tomatoes chopped in half, 2 avocados, 1 bunch of cilantro chopped, 2 limes, 1 lemon, 1 tbsp of distilled vinegar, garlic salt to taste.

Mix all together. If you can wait long enough, let it sit for an hour or so to let it marinate. Enjoy with chips or by itself!

Sherrie and I went to Loaded Brush and Painted the Made In Oregon Sign! With extra little touches!
IMG_2057[1]

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

14 Responses to “Last Big Training Week!”

1. Erica heagy June 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM #

Your new nickname shall be….Water-Cheetah!!! Fantastic swim!

2. tribalancegirl June 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM #

Ahh your’e the best! Your week of workouts is awesome and makes me want to jump into training ASAP! You’re a studetta there is no doubt about it. You crushed your workouts (nice work on the 800 repeats), nice transition and “recovery rides”. Also, good job on the bean salad. Delicious. Good luck girl! Can’t wait to hear how you do.
    This past weekend I had my sprint tri. It seems like a warmup compared to any other distance tri. hahahha. It was fun and felt great to compete. I’ll post results and race recap soon.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM #

Thanks!!!! I just hope the race goes well!! 🙂 I can’t wait to hear about your race!!!!

• tribalancegirl June 19, 2013 at 4:26 AM #

You will rock it. Your training looks so strong and you’ve stayed consistent. My race report is up. It’s short and sweet. 🙂

3. Change of Pace June 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM #

big week indeed! That trainer session sounds killer. And AMAZING swim time!
    Quiet weekend trying to feel better (still sniffly and no appetite). Celebrated Father’s Day with both my parents and Kelly’s parents.

4. tribalancegirl June 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM #

Total side comment… I’m craving sweets! Ugghhh this challenge. What are you making as your post race treat?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM #

This is so hard!!! I AM FEELING YOUR PAIN!! I have decided that I am going to get an ice cream sundae the day after the race! Then I leave for vacay…so not sure what I will make NEXT!!

• tribalancegirl June 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM #

MMM sounds delicious. Can’t wait to hear! Also, where are you going?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM #

I am going to Phoenix and San Antonio! Its going to be HOT HOT HOT!!!

5. Luv What You Do June 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM #

I loved reading all about your awesome training! But that bean salad definitely caught my attention as well. Enjoy these last 13 days of tapering!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks