Weekly Recap PC Training Week #22

24 Jun

This time next week my triathlon season will be over. Most of you know that my “A” race is the Pacific Crest long course triathlon. Next Saturday!! I am so excited! A little nervous! I am having a hard time thinking of goals.(I will definitely have some by the end of the week) I have not done this race since 2009. That seems so long ago. I think that is why I am not so sure on what to expect!

Training went great last week! Slept and ate well! This is how it looked:

Monday: Spin class + 14 mile commute

Tuesday: 3100 meter swim: It was supposed to be threshold but obviously Mark didn’t get the memo and put up an aerobic work out…Hallelujah! + Track work out: 4×1200 on 6:20 with 2 minute recovery. I was nervous for this. I did not know if I could keep the pace. 6:19, 6:17, 6:22, 6:18. BAM! Last track work out in the books! + 14 mile commute

Wednesday: Rest day + 14 mile commute

Thursday: TAPER HAS OFFICALLY STARTED! Last Masters Swim 3200 meters mostly aerobic + Light fartlek run 3:75 miles + 14 mile commute

Friday: 1 hour Pilates + 1 hour trainer session–speed skills. It was decent weather outside but easier to do high cadence stuff on the trainer. I set my trainer up in the driveway. 🙂

Saturday: 27 mile ride felt great! Weather was good. I was not even sure what kind of nutrition to take. It was going to be an hour and a half. I popped some Nuun in a bottle, took some clif blocks (that may or may not have already expired) and a gu. I ended up just taking in 3 shot blocks and was fine. I was hungry when I got home.
IMG_2080[1]

NO transition run…gotta love TAPER!!

Going over the St. John's Bridge!

Going over the St. John’s Bridge!

Sunday: 5.85 mile run “pace confirmation” I just ran. Nothing special. I averaged 9:52’s. I can almost guarantee I will not be run 9:52s on Saturday but If I am then I will be amazed!! 🙂

We had a Team in Training Reunion party last night. There were new and old people there. Fun night. It was fitting last night because this was how I became a triathlete…TEAM IN TRAINING! One week out from Pac Crest…6 years ago I was getting ready to do my first Olympic tri at PC…it is so exciting to see how far I have come!!

From the top: upside down:clockwise: Randall, Dan, Crystal, Me, Robin, Jane, Sheryl, Beez, and Moaner

I followed some peeps and some bloggers all day yesterday at Ironman CdA!
watch
I will have to say Abby and Page killed it. They beat all the guys on my list except 20-year-old T-Roy. 🙂 CONGRATS TO ALL OF THEM!!

Stats:
Swim: 6300 meters
Bike: 131 miles (57 road miles + 74 commuting miles)
Run: 14 miles
1 Pilates class

I am not even going to mention the C word. I just want to leave this with you!! 26 days!!!
IMG_2092[1]

Have an awesome week!!!

12 Responses to “Weekly Recap PC Training Week #22”

1. tribalancegirl June 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM #

I seriously need to workout with you. Your recaps are awesome and give whole new meaning to training and tapering. I’m so happy to see you’re sticking to it and have a good attitude. Minus the C word. ahhahahha Too funny! I’m almost done with mine, but then pick up shortly after and last until October. Uggh!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM #

I know!! too bad we don’t live closer to each other…or at least be able to see each other at a race! 🙂
      I think 30 day chunks are a good amount of time for challenges with a few days that break them up! Like what you are doing with fourth of july. You just have to scatter a couple others in between July 4th and MCM!! 🙂 I think it will be better for you mentally. Don’t ya think?

• tribalancegirl June 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM #

Heck yeah! For the 4th, I will enjoy some bear, good treats, and mexican food. Mmmm mmm. I totally agree with 30 days. It’s a little crazy to be 24/7 challenge mode. I like to live a little. 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 25, 2013 at 11:39 AM #

I agree! Life is too short! 🙂

2. Joann June 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM #

Hope you are enjoying your tapering week!! Wish you all the best at PC this weekend!! I’m sure all the hard training will pay off!! Time to ROCK girl!! 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM #

Thanks!! I am loving taper! I used to hate it…but I train harder now so I think that is why I like it more now!! 🙂

3. Change of Pace June 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM #

Woohoo- enjoy taper! Love that you set your trainer up on the driveway- smart to take advantage of nice weather!
    And thanks for the shout-out! You sure do know a lot of triathletes!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM #

Congrats on an awesome day!!
      I do know a lot of triathletes! 🙂 I have a ton I will be tracking in Lake Tahoe!

4. falcor007 June 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM #

I’m thinking we will both have fantastic race days Saturday! and we will finally be riding together…kinda. 🙂 I will keep an eye out for you Friday at the race announcements and Saturday morning. Getting EXCITED and NERVOUS.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM #

YES!! Finally!! Ill keep my eye out for you too!! I am super excited!! and nervous too!! 🙂

5. Kara July 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM #

GO TEAM!!! Did I know you did TNT?! If I did, I forgot!! Love it 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM #

I don’t know if you did or not. I am a ’08 and 09 alum!! 🙂 I am not sure how people do triathlons without TNT!!