Goal Time!!

9 Oct

Chicago is less than 4 days away! I guess it is about time I decide on some goals. I have been stalking the weather channel like it is my job. So who has time to think of goals! šŸ™‚
Capture

This is what I came up with:
weather

Now that being said. We are still 4 days out. Things can change. Does everyone notice the 68% humidity? Dang it! The few showers?? Dang it! All I can say is I would rather it be raining than 90 degrees. It is definitely going to suck for me and my spectators but I can handle the precipitation better than the heat!!

Onto the OVERALL GOALS!
1–First and foremost: HAVE FUN!! Everyone says how much they love this course, this race, the spectators.
2–Take in all of the surroundings. The different neighborhoods, the landmarks, all the spectators.
3–Not have to listen to my music until mile 16. I have heard the worst part of the course is miles 16-22! Those are hard miles anyway. Let alone no spectators!
4–KEEP MENTALLY TOUGH! Dig deep when I need too. Keep running!

MANTRAS!
POSITIVE!
Go Hard or Go Home!
Dream Big! Run Strong!

Run Smart! Run Strong! Run With Heart! —> This is from an awesome Nuun teammate! Great motivational post going into this weekend! Thanks Kimberly

This is for all of the marbles! —> This is what you have been training for! —> Get it DONE!

Time Goals!
A- 4:30—> Perfect day! Everything goes right. From Breakfast until the finishing chute!
B- 4:35—> Feeling relatively good. Pace of my long runs.
C- Sub 4:45 —> Current PR.

What is your running mantra(s)?

14 Responses to “Goal Time!!”

1. Kristen L October 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM #

I’m excited for you!! I can’t believe your marathon is already here!!! I sent you a little something in the mail, but I’m not sure it will make it in time. If not, remember I’ll be thinking of you, and sending some virtual power arches.

2. MoM October 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM #

“Go Girl Go” that’s what I’ll be chanting, while you are running! I can’t wait to be one of the spectators cheering you on!

3. Change of Pace October 10, 2013 at 5:27 AM #

I’m so excited for you, Leslie! You’ve worked hard for this and can definitely meet, or exceed, your goals! I’ll be cheering you on!
    My mantra is usually just ‘one foot in front of the other’ when I’m getting really desperate!
    Have fun in Chicago!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM #

Thanks Abby! I have definitely had the BEST training cycle in all of my marathon cycles. I know it is going to be epic! šŸ™‚

4. 20sixpoint2 October 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM #

Good Luck! The weather now looks perfect with no rain on Marathon Sunday- Per Chicago’s NBC 5 forecast. I hope you have a great race and set a new PR!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM #

Thanks!! I am so excited! Training could not have gone better so I just have to let my legs do the work! šŸ™‚

5. Ani October 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM #

NO RAIN NOW!! Let’s hope it stays like that! I cannot wait for this weekend and my running mantra is “running is a privilege.” Check out my charity’s Mile Motivators video for some adding inspiration http://milesforthought.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/mile-motivators/ good luck this weekend!

6. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What?! October 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM #

I like that you have flexible time goals – I do that too and sometimes people seem surprised that I have 2-3 different time goals. But hey, it works for me! As for mantras, I always repeat in my head “Your body is a machine” or something like that – strength and determination will get you through!

7. erin October 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM #

Have a great race, Leslie! Stay positive and have fun! My mantras: Be present and one foot in front of the other šŸ™‚ Hoping the rain stays away and it’s not too humid!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. (un) Lucky #7 | Triathlete Treats - October 14, 2013

[…] No where near my goal or what I thought I was capable of. I PR’d by 2 minutes to reach my “C” goal but was very sad about my performance. I will give you all of the dirty details soon. To add to my […]