(un) Lucky #7

14 Oct

I ran my 7th marathon yesterday! I had big plans for this race. I was going to have a huge PR. A perfect day. I was ready and excited.

I finished in 4:43:00. No where near my goal or what I thought I was capable of. I PR’d by 2 minutes to reach my “C” goal but was very sad about my performance. I will give you all of the dirty details soon. To add to my luck this weekend my phone made its way into the bath with me this morning so I am “rice-ing” it as we speak and I will give you a full re-cap (hopefully) with lots of pictures in the next couple of days!

Here is a finisher pic taken by Mary Jane:
chicfinish

Anyone race this weekend?? How did you do??

15 Responses to “(un) Lucky #7”

1. Change of Pace October 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM #

Congratulations on your seventh marathon and a PR! Even if it’s not the outcome you were hoping for, that is still super impressive!
    Ah- hope your phone is ok.
    And congratulations again! You worked hard and deserve to be proud!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM #

Thanks!!! I am proud..and a PR is a PR!! I know the next one will be better. It is hard for me to have time goals because those are the races that usually don’t go as planed!! πŸ™‚

2. Jesica @rUnladylike October 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM #

I know you didn’t reach your “A” goal, but a PR is always a great way to finish a race. Proud of you! You never know what race day is going to give you. There is so much we can’t control. Great job on a strong finish. Looking forward to hearing and reading more πŸ™‚ xo

3. erin October 15, 2013 at 7:21 AM #

Seven marathons is impressive and a PR to boot! Congrats! Even if it’s not your A race time, it’s still awesome and deserves celebration πŸ™‚ Looking forward to reading more!

Hope the ricing works for your phone!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM #

Thanks!!! Yes!! I am more positive about it now then I was on Sunday!! A PR is a PR!! πŸ™‚

4. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For What?! October 15, 2013 at 7:54 AM #

You finished and achieved your C goal, at least! Great job on #7. I think with every race of the same distance I do (I’ve only done 2 marathons but many halfs) I learn something new. Sorry about the phone.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM #

Absolutely!! I learn something new all of the time. That is the fun part about racing..even if you don’t get the time that you want!!!

5. Kristen L October 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM #

At least you finished with a PR! Not all races are as good as we hope. Plus, marathons are tough!! It’s a good day when you can finish a marathon, even if it doesn’t go as expected. Hope your phone dries out and works ok!

6. Luv What You Do October 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM #

Congrats on finishing 7 marathons! That is amazing! I love your outfit and tutu! So cute! What’s up next? Hope the phone is on the mend!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM #

Thanks!!! I am doing Nike women’s 1/2 marathon this weekend. I know it is crazy talk!! πŸ™‚ What are you doing next?

• Luv What You Do October 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM #

A Hot Cider Hustle 8 miler the first weekend of November. Can’t wait to see how your 1/2 goes. I was thinking it’s perfect timing to PR a half marathon!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM #

Oh nice!! We will see how it goes. I pretty much have no expectations except to finish!! πŸ™‚

• Luv What You Do October 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM #

Which is always so fun!!! Enjoy!