2013 Totals…PRs…Favorites!

1 Jan

I spent a lot of time on my feet this year.

I swam 199,300 meters.
I biked 2,837 miles. (this was all road miles + commuting miles from Jan-June)
I ran 1,052 miles. Including 1 marathon, 5 1/2 marathons, 2 15K, 1 10K, and 1 5K.
I did 4 running relays.
I did 4 triathlons. Including 2 1/2 Ironman, 1 Olympic, and 1 Sprint.
I did 35 pilates and core classes.
I made countless new and old treat recipes.

Last but not Least:
I made it through a 1-month NO TREATS challenge.

You wonder how I calculated all these numbers?
Really all of these numbers are just an approximation from my “hand-written” work out log. Maybe one day I will get with the times and have an electronic log that calculates the numbers for me! πŸ™‚

I accomplished a lot!

I PR’d both Wildflower and Pac Crest by 17 minutes over the past years!
I PR’d the Olympic distance tri by 10 minutes!
I did my first sprint tri in 4 years and I had a 4 minute PR.

I PR’d the marathon, half marathon, and 5K by 2 minutes.
I PR’d the 15K distance by 6 minutes and declared that my favorite running distance.

My blog turned 1 on December 29th. I wanted to do a post but vacation got in the way. πŸ™‚

More favorites:

My favorite triathlon: Blue Lake Olympic. I had such a great race from start to finish. It is so fun to do a local race with so many PDX tri club members competing.
My favorite bike ride: My last 54 mile ride before Pac Crest. I did it by myself and felt really solid. I had done some climbs I had not done in a while. Perfect weather and felt really good!
My favorite run: When Dan and I went to do the 10×800 track work-out to predict my marathon. Even though it did not really predict my marathon the work out was so awesome.
My favorite experience: Getting picked to be on the Nuun Hood To Coast team. It was such an awesome weekend. I loved every minute!
My favorite dessert: Rolo brownies–hands down! I made them 3x! I never do that!
My favorite day: (this is especially hard because I have so many!) Dan and I went tubing in Bend after Cascade Lakes Relay. Dan is a “planner” to say the least:
Me: (Before the relay) Lets go tubing after the relay.
Dan: oohhh I don’t know.
Me: (after the relay) Lets go tubing today.
Dan: How would that work exactly?
Me: We go, rent tubes, and we float down the river.
Dan: I am not exactly sure how that would work. We haven’t rented the tubes. Where are we going to park? How do we get back?
Me: We can totally wing it.
Dan: (very reluctant) I guess we could do that.

Dan finally relaxed about the situation and we had so much fun! We had pizza for lunch. I got him a cherry limeade for the first time ever. It was love at first sight. After that day I knew Dan was a keeper!

Do you use an electronic log? OR crunch numbers like me?
Any favorites stick out in your mind OR big/little PRs?

11 Responses to “2013 Totals…PRs…Favorites!”

1. Abby @ Change of Pace January 1, 2014 at 1:27 PM #

Wow- that’s a LOT of miles! And an amazing amount of races and PRs!
    Ha- love your favourite day memory. Sounds like a blast!
    When I’m training for something I log all my miles on Garmin Connect. Since Ironman Canada I haven’t logged in once or put one activity on there! Too bad because I’d love to know all my miles and activities!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM #

I started using Garmin Connect but then one day I couldn’t get a signal from my computer to my Garmin or the other way around! That should be one of my resolutions to figure out the problem–and use it!! πŸ™‚

2. Jesica @rUnladylike January 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM #

What an incredible year you had! Amazing races and accomplishments. HTC was also one of the highlights of my year, as was meeting you and all the other rock star ladies. I can’t wait to read about your journey in 2014! Keep up the awesomeness! Yeah-yay! xoxo

3. Jonathan94002 January 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM #

Love the numbers! Such awesome running, biking, & swimming (& tubing! lol!)

4. Herbivore Triathlete January 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM #

I am a numbers nerd so I log everything by hand in my runner’s journal and then I also log everything into my phone using the micoach app and then it’s also all logged online at beginnertriathlete.com I’ve obviously got issues, lol!

You had a fantastic 2013, what a lot of miles! Congrats and here’s to a fabulous 2014!!

5. erinerin January 1, 2014 at 5:28 PM #

What a stellar year! So many incredible accomplishments! Pumped to see what’s in store for 2014! Happy new year!

6. Kristen L January 1, 2014 at 7:20 PM #

What an excellent year! Happy blogiversary!! πŸ™‚ I’ve been logging my miles on daily mile, but sometimes I think I would like actually writing them down instead. πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM #

I love writing my numbers in my journal! The bad thing is going through the log at the end of the year!

7. Laura January 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM #

Ok – so this made me want to look at my totals. Holy shit lady you put in a lot of miles!! I did more swimming (surprise), but you did significant amount more biking and running. No wonder you were getting PR’s all over the place.

Look forward to our training this year. I will try to keep up!