Last 2013 & First 2014

3 Jan

I wanted to re-cap my goals from 2013 before revealing my goals for 2014.

1-Let my ankle heal. DONE!
2-Have a good solid race with a sub 7hour at Wildflower. DONE! I was hoping for a 6:59 that is all I wanted or needed! I had a great race. I never thought a 6:46 was possible. I say this every year: I never have to do this race again. Something ALWAYS pulls me back! πŸ™‚
3-Bike around the rim of Crater Lake. I have a friend that is doing IMLT this year and needs to get in lots of high elevation rides. FAIL! I am dying to bike around Crater Lake but it never happened this year! The closest I got to Crater Lake was Cascade Lakes Relay!
4-Help my friend (from goal #3) stay motivated and finish IMLT. FAIL! My friend decided to back out of IMLT. 😦
5-Get on the Nuun Hood To Coast team. DONE! I never dreamt that this goal would become a reality. But it did!!
6-Be an AWESOME Ragnar Ambassador. DONE! I am not sure I was awesome but they did ask me if I would continue to be one!
7-PR my fall marathon. My weakness is running. When I say weakness I mean staying mentally tough at the end of a hard/long training run or race. DONE! It was not exactly the PR I was hoping for but everyone reminds me it was STILL A PR!
8-Continue to stay healthy and uninjured. DONE!

2013 was an awesome year. I can’t wait to see what I can do in 2014!

resolutions

Drum-roll please…I am not usually a resolutions type person but goals are really more up my alley. You heard it first here: Goals 2014!

Active!
1-Train SMART for Ironman Canada.
2-Do the best that I can at IMC this year. I would LOVE to PR but is that realistic? I guess we will find out on July 27th.
3-PR fall marathon–that just happens to be NYC this year.
4-I would love to PR the half-marathon (this may be my least realistic)
5-Starting to incorporate strength/core into my weekly routine.

Life!
1-Continue to be an awesome girlfriend. πŸ™‚ (I guess you will have to ask Dan if I am keeping my promise on that one)!
2-Finding a new job/career. Somewhere I can go and not be miserable!

Eating!
1-Watch the treats. I mean really watch the treats! No challenge! No crazy hiatus! I just need to get a grip and get a handle on my “addiction”!
2-Meal planning. I have always been pretty good about this but now it needs to be extra good because a) I am training for an Ironman b) Dan is also training for an IM! c) I am not just cooking and planning for myself!
3-Try cooking some new meals. We just got Feed Zone Portables cookbook and CAN’T WAIT to use it!

Ultimately staying healthy and happy! Here is to 2014!

What are some of your goals or resolutions for 2014?!

12 Responses to “Last 2013 & First 2014”

1. Change of Pace January 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM #

You did amazing with your 2013 goals! And I like all your 2014 goals. Which IM is dan doing? Best of luck; I’m looking forward to following along with your training and racing starting with AZ!
    I really need to watch my sugar intake.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM #

Dan is doing Whistler also! πŸ™‚ It will be an interesting year starting with AZ!! πŸ™‚

2. erin January 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM #

You crushed 2013! Nice job! And, cannot wait to hear about your IM Canada training (I’m also jealous you’re racing there… as excited as I am to race IMWI close to home, IM Canada will always be special to me… maybe 2015!)! I’m working on my sweet tooth, too πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM #

I think that your first IM is always special. I can’t wait to see what you think of IMWI!! Are you close enough to Madison that you will be able to have a training weekend(s) there?!

• erin January 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM #

Indeed, it is πŸ™‚ Yep, we’re about a four-hour drive, so there will be plenty of training weekends on the course! We biked part of it a couple years ago, so it’s awesome!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM #

Perfect!! Even closer than I am to Whistler! I feel like training on the course is a huge advantage! πŸ™‚

3. Luv What You Do January 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM #

Cheers to staying healthy in 2014! Way to go with all of your accomplishments this year! It’s been fun to follow along on the journey!

4. Kristen L January 5, 2014 at 3:31 PM #

Exciting that Dan will also be training for IM Canada too! Looks like you have a great year ahead! I’m thinking this year will be my first half iron. πŸ™‚

5. bayrunnerjamie January 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM #

Congrats on accomplishing so many goals in 2013! I’m looking to change jobs/careers as well. I’ve been a variety of things, but none of them have particularly thrilled me.

Good luck in working toward your new list of goals for 2014!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM #

Thanks! I would love to find another career. That is ideal but I am not sure what else I am going to do! I need to do some soul searching!! πŸ™‚

Happy New Year!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Crater Lake: Ride Around The Rim! | Triathlete Treats - September 30, 2014

[…] of my 2013 Goals was to ride the rim. It never happened but when I heard they were doing 2 non-vehicle days in […]