Newport Beach!!

4 Jan

Now that all of my 2013 re-caps are done I can go back and make you jealous tell you about my Christmas Vacation. Last summer my mom asks me:
Ma: Do you want to go to Newport Beach for Christmas?
Me: Does a bear shit in the woods?
Ma: I will book the house!

We had an amazing time! Our house was a block off the beach. We spent most of the sun light outside and mostly at the beach. We were literally on the beach in our bathing suits EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!

On Christmas eve there was a Christmas tree in the sand on the beach. The residents of 32nd street put it out there to say Merry Christmas to all of the visitors! #treeonthebeach

Lots of bike rides:
Just cruisin’ around Newport.

Different bikes…we liked these better…we changed it up once Dan got the flat on one of the first bikes.
We cruised the other way to the end of the peninsula and could see Balboa Island.

My sister-in-law’s sister and brother-in-law came down from LA for a day. In that day James made pico de gallo 3 times. Dan is now obsessed with it!

Saturday Night: We went on a harbor tour on a Duffy boat. It was super fun!
Balboa Island, The bird that my bro feed a cracker too that decided to fly laps around the boat for a while waiting for another cracker(so funny), Jordan & Stevie

I am not sure that we will ever be able to spend another Christmas in Vegas again!

Where would you go if you could go anywhere for Christmas??

9 Responses to “Newport Beach!!”

1. Luv What You Do January 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM #

That looks like the perfect place to be! Some place warm for me with my family and friends!

2. Change of Pace January 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM #

Sounds SO nice, relaxing, and fun!! That’s awesome you and dan were able to spend Christmas together with your family!
    I spent one Christmas in Hawaii and one in Thailand. I’d love to spend another one somewhere warm, but we don’t want to leave Harold over the holidays!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2014 at 2:58 PM #

Is there anywhere in Canada you could drive to? (so you can take Harold??)

• Abby @ Change of Pace January 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM #

Well, technically the coast of BC, but then it’ll probably be dreary and dark!

3. MoM January 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM #

Anywhere is fine as long as it’s with my family…

4. Kimberly January 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM #

I think bears sometimes shit in caves. Or on the beach. Miles’ bear shits on a potty in the bathroom. Just sayin. I am going to click comment and read about the rest of your trip now. It’s better to looking at the 10 inches of snow outside.

5. Kristen L January 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM #

I’ve never gone somewhere special for Christmas, but went on a cruise once for New Years! 🙂 sounds amazing to spend a week at the beach this time of year. I’m super jealous.

6. Lauren January 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM #

Okay, you and Dan are too adorable…stop it :). Glad you were able to spend Christmas somewhere warm too, pretty sure I only want to have xmas in the tropics from here on out!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM #

Ohhh Thanks!!!
      Well Newport is no Costa Rica but it will be hard to be in cooler weather during another Christmas! 🙂