Thursday Things!

9 Jan

1–Does anyone watch Shark Tank? The lowdown is: entrepreneurs go into the Shark Tank pitching their idea of a new company or idea trying to get an investment!

Well we are totally obsessed with it. There was a marathon of old seasons on and we recorded a bunch. Now its like every night: Do we have a Shark Tank recorded? It is so ridiculous. But seriously if you haven’t watched it definitely check it out! πŸ™‚

Really the best part of watching the old seasons are going online and seeing how well the businesses are doing now. (the ones that got investments and ones that did not) I can not believe that this show has been on for 5 years and I am just now finding it!

2–I saw this article on Erin’s blog the other day. The article talks about what is ACTUALLY in your tea. It is pretty bad. I’m not a huge tea drinking but I do like it in the wintertime. It just so happens one of the Shark Tank ideas was a tea brand: Talbott Teas in Chicago. I bought a couple of tins of it. Excited to try it!

3–We went to a cooking class on Meatless meals the other night. It was so fun. We got lots of new ideas for meals. BUT the best thing about the class was we got to use this lemon juicer that was awesome. We bought one that night and I used it tonight! EPIC!

4–I have some friends that just had twins. I was over there and they both separately told me/showed me something with a peanut butter cup in it. I thought about this great recipe I have and made them: peanut butter cup chocolate chip cookies!! Click here for recipe!

Of course we couldn’t give ALL of them away!

5–Has anyone heard of Wild Friends peanut butter? This caught my eye the other day at Whole Foods. I thought I absolutely have to try this!
It tastes like heaven! Putting it on a rice or corn cake is perfect for “dessert”! Maybe not perfect but it’s really good!

Does anyone watch Shark Tank? What is your favorite brand/idea/investment? Kevin made a deal with Wicked Good Cupcakes. That is one of my favorites!
What is your favorite kitchen utensil?

10 Responses to “Thursday Things!”

1. erin January 10, 2014 at 4:07 AM #

Isn’t that tea article crazy?! I’m still disappointed about my (former) favorite brands, though Numi is GOOD. Thanks for the tip on Talbott Teas (and link to my blog:)! And, Wild Friends is at Whole Foods?! I’ve heard it’s delicious nut butter, so need to check my local store to see if the shelved are stocked!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM #

I just got the tea tonight BUT 1–its loose leaf and I need a strainer 2–it has caffeine and I didn’t even check to see if it had it or not so I can’t drink it tonight anyway! 😦
      YES–You have to try Wild Friends–its all gluten free! It was on Shark Tank too and I didn’t even know until today! So funny!

2. daverna January 10, 2014 at 8:46 AM #

I think I remember seeing the folks that started Wild Friends on shark tank. I might have to try it.

3. Eva January 10, 2014 at 12:32 PM #

um, can i have both those cookies and that pb?! you should put thief on an upcoming thursday things! everyone should read that series! what are you reading now?

4. MoM January 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM #

I saw that Chocalate coconut peanut butter, but walked quickly away from it! How much sugar is in it?

5. Kristen L January 11, 2014 at 6:41 AM #

I have seen those lemon press juicers. Pretty awesome. I always love using my garlic press. Nothing special about it, just always feels useful! πŸ™‚ I haven’t watched Shark tank either, but heard it’s pretty great. I’ll have to check it out.

6. Change of Pace January 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM #

I’ll take some of those cookies and that PB, too!
    I’ve never watched Shark Tank (or really knew the premise of the show) but that sounds like a decent reality show since people actually have to use their brains!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM #

Shark Tank is really fun to watch! I just found out that Wild Friends PB was on Shark Tank too. I had no idea. So funny that I just put it in that post randomly!!