It is SUNNY in P-Town!

2 May

Since I landed Monday morning it has been sunny! I mean crazy sunny!! It was almost 90 yesterday which is a little extreme for this time of the year but it is better than rain!

Today is OUR last day of good weather until the rain comes back tomorrow and stays a while. (10 day forecast—>rain). I wanted to take advantage of the weather and the only other person that I know doesn’t work on Friday is Andrea.

She had a 50 on the schedule with 2000 ft of climbing. Not bad but I was looking for something a little shorter. In the end I rode to her house and we did 52 together. Leaving me with a 65 mile total! A little more than I wanted to do and probably more than I should have done being 5 days out from a marathon. Oh well! Felt relatively good.

I wanted to work on high cadence and not letting my watts get out of control.

The route was relatively flat with the climb in the middle. We took the scenic way out to the Gorge.
image

Rode the historic highway up to the Women’s Forum and back!

image

imageimage

The ride out and the climb were good! Felt good! The decent down was awesome. Finally some cool air. By the time we got to the flat section again I was tired. Of course there was a headwind. I tried to stay positive and mentally strong.

I tried to enjoy the views! 🙂
image

I think I just didn’t take in enough calories. Plus I ran out of water/liquid! Rookie mistake!

Fun ride regardless!

Once I got back into downtown and got on the waterfront I tested out the “on your left” theory. I said on your left to just about everyone/group/bike…NO ONE did anything. Even the group of 7 taking up essentially the entire path. Can you be any more oblivious?

Oh well…what can you do?!

This was my treat. A mocha cookie crumble frap from Starbucks. I would not normally get a coffee or a frap at 4 in the afternoon usually but they are on happy hour this week. I had to walk 3 miles to get it but it was delicious.

I am not worried about the caffeine because I get to sleep in tomorrow because I don’t have to do our long run. Yeahyaaa! This will probably be the last sleep in for the next 3 months so I better savor it!!

Happy Friday?? What’s on tap for your weekend?!

12 Responses to “It is SUNNY in P-Town!”

1. MoM May 2, 2014 at 6:29 PM #

You walked three miles for a Starbucks after riding your bike 52 miles… Who are you? My girl… I love you and your enthusiasm!!! I am getting in my car to drive over to Starbucks to celebrate YOU!

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com May 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM #

Yummy! I’m a sucker for a good deal, too. Plus, you totally earned it. Enjoy your morning of sleepiness 🙂

3. Kecia May 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM #

I’m super envious of the sun. While the sun is shining today, it is the first time we’ve seen it in a week. This has been a very dreary and cool week. I’m definitely ready for a good dose of Vitamin D while out on the bike this afternoon 🙂

4. Kristen L May 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM #

I loved the sunny weather this week too! Got out for a lot if running. But probably not enough biking. Oh well. Haha. We are heading to Portland tonight actually for a diabetes event at the Sentinel! Hope you have a nice weekend!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM #

You definitely have to enjoy it while it is here…because you never know when it is gonna go away! 🙂 Hope you have a good weekend too!

5. Change of Pace May 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM #

Hope you were able to sleep in!
    Glad you got to enjoy the sunshine, too. No better way to do it than by running or riding!
    It was gorgeous here last week, too. This weekend it’s been hovering at freezing 😦

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 3, 2014 at 9:39 PM #

Yes!! Until 10! I was going to go swim and decided I didn’t want to do that either!! I need to “recover!” 😉
      Freezing…what? Crazy…I thought April showers was suppose to bring May flowers. Maybe its just a myth in our areas of the world!! 😦

6. Kristen May 5, 2014 at 5:16 PM #

The weather was SO nice last week! Glad to see that you were able to get outside and enjoy! Here’s hoping to more sunshine, eh, next week?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM #

Its back to crappy weather over on the west side of the state! Hope you guys are still having good weather!! 🙂

7. Healthy Strides May 6, 2014 at 3:49 AM #

You live in such an ugly place. Really. I can’t believe you post pictures of it. HA! Looks amazing and makes me want to move there. And you are totes rad, riding 50 miles a week out from Big Sur. Way to do it!

8. erin May 8, 2014 at 10:54 AM #

What spectacular cycling views! I don’t think I’d ever get off my bike 🙂 Hope you’re having a great week!