Ironman Canada Training Weeks 12 & 13

IM Canada Training week 12—“taper” for Big Sur
Swim: 9400 yards
Bike: 29 miles
Run 8 miles
Core: 1 coach work out + 1 extra
Strength: 0

This was obviously not a taper as in I am serious about this marathon I am going to do on Sunday “taper.” If you have read my Big Sur Recap then you know it was for fun and a good training run for Whistler! I left Big Sur super excited for the next 13 weeks of training in hopes of an awesome race come July 27th!

Great swims. We did super fast 100s in Masters and we did 25s of the “other” strokes.
swimtweet

I did a trainer ride(threshold work…kind of hard but that was Wednesday) + rode my bike to work. Nothing crazy.

The runs were good. One last hilly route + One flat route.

IM Canada Training week 13— “recovery” from Big Sur
Swim: 5350 yards
Bike: 79 miles
Run: 26.2 miles
Core: 1 coach work-out + 1 extra + 1 pi-yo class
Strength: 0

It was already decided that there would be no running this week!! 3 couple rests days. I didn’t even ride my bike to work those days! πŸ™‚

Swims were good. The last week of the month we do just speed in Masters and then we do a 100TT. I have talked about it before. This week was a little different because we did all speed drills. Fast moving arms. Fast fast kicking. Off/on speed within 25s and 50s. A much shorter set than regular. We did the 100 TT and I was 4 seconds faster than March. I was pumped. I think that it has to do with not being as tired as I usually am at the end of the work-out. πŸ™‚ I missed my 3rd swim because I just didn’t want to go. I don’t miss a work out very often but I thought this is the last week I could “slack” off.

Nothing crazy on the bike front. A couple of bike commutes and the first of hopefully many sunny rides.

#9 Marathon Complete.

There you have it. We have 12 more weeks until Whistler. I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.IT! It is going to go fast and I am nervous!!

How is your training going??!!

14 Responses to “Ironman Canada Training Weeks 12 & 13”

1. Healthy Strides May 7, 2014 at 3:41 AM #

Nice work, sweet thing! I’m sure being in marathon shape is going to be great for IM Canada. And I totes only know strokes by watching the Olympics.

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com May 7, 2014 at 5:13 AM #

Don’t be nervous! Look at all the work you’ve done already. PLUS you ran a marathon during training. And holy cow you swim a lot, haha. You will be more than prepared πŸ™‚ but you’re right… time is going to fly!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 7, 2014 at 1:32 PM #

I know I still have time!! I trust my coach. I just have big goals but don’t want to let myself down either!! πŸ™‚

3. Kristin (@SweatCourage) May 7, 2014 at 6:55 AM #

It looks like you are training for your first full Ironman too (?), love it! I’m sure 12 weeks will go by fast, looks like you are rocking your training sessions! I also ran a Marathon during my training (Boston) and I am still feeling like my legs haven’t fully recovered. I am back into the full Ironman training swing now, and I have 16 weeks until my IM. I am excited for warmer temperatures and bike rides outside:)

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM #

Congrats on Boston!!! I think it is good and bad to do a marathon before an Ironman. You build endurance but than you have to recover too!!! Double edge sword! πŸ™‚
      I am actually racing my 4th IM. It was different the 2nd and 3rd time around. Now its even more different this time around! πŸ™‚

4. Kecia May 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM #

Nice work lady!! I love the quote at the top too πŸ˜‰

5. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust May 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM #

Leslie, you are SO ready! Great to see your training still going strong, even after completing your marathon (many people would need a long extended break)! I’m so impressed by how much you swim. I would probably “want” to swim more if I were good at it. πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM #

Thanks!! I feel the same about running. I do like to run but I don’t feel like I am that good at it. (ie: I.am.slow!)

6. Kristen L May 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM #

Haha– love that quote in te beginning. Sounds like you had a good recovery week. Glad you are pumped for Whistler! I can’t believe it’s coming up so quick!

7. Single-Tracked Mind May 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM #

You got this! Also, that quote is hilarious.

8. Luv What You Do May 8, 2014 at 7:28 PM #

I wish I were training more : )
    Love that definition!

9. Change of Pace May 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM #

Only 12 weeks?! That is crazy- it will fly by!
    I’m glad you took it easy last week! However, your swims sound anything but easy to me πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM #

Right!!!! Every swim is hard!! I sometimes think I should probably not an “easy” work out! Ha!! πŸ™‚