Ironman Canada Training Week #15

20 May

Another awesome week. I was feeling relatively strong up until Saturday. I know it is just one ride but I hate when I have bad rides. I needed a bit of an attitude adjustment but feeling better NOW!
tromie

I changed my week around a little bit to get in a second outdoor ride. Here is how the week went down:

Sunday: 64 mile ride/6.3 mile run BRICK
We went out to Sauvie’s Island again. This week we rode out there did 3 loops and rode home. 1st loop: Time Trial. 2nd loop: 1 mile on/1 mile off. 3rd loop: 3 minutes on/2 minutes off. HARD. I had a great day. I pushed hard and it was hard!! Solid day. Nutrition was good. The run was an out and back. Felt great. It was getting warm out. Which is good. I need to start having some warmer weather to practice being miserable in the heat!!

I had just stuck a pb&j rice cake in my mouth!

I had just stuck a pb&j rice cake in my mouth!

Monday: Track work-out; 6 miles; 8×800
I was not sure how this would go with the work out from yesterday posted. The first one was slower than I had hoped but the rest of them were good. Again much better than I thought especially because our track work-outs are so sporadic. I was sore for 3 days!

10 mile bike commute

Tuesday: 3000 yard swim
lots of endurance work; hard 150s; full speed 50s.

The dozen core work out.

Trainer ride: Long warm up; fast/slow drills; 4x 8:00 Threshold. Hello!! So hard. Very mentally tough! I felt so strong after this. My watts were almost dead even! 🙂

So! Sweaty! Trainer! Ride!

So! Sweaty! Trainer! Ride!

7 miles bike commute

Wednesday: Ran to and from the gym to do the strength work out. 7 miles total. (endurance)

Strength work-out: A ton of walking lunges/squats/push-ups in a variety of ways. I was just getting over being sore from Monday and I was super sore again Wednesday night!!

Swim: 3100 yards: Endurance day
warm up; kicking and pulling; essentially 6 x 300 broken up differently: 300s/100s/75s/50s

7 miles bike commute

Thursday: REST DAY! I did a pi-yo class! New teacher started today and she was an old teacher from an old gym!

14 miles bike commute

Friday: 24 mile ride: EARLY because Dan had to go to work! It was a gorgeous morning and not a lot of people stirring yet. It is so awesome that it is so light out early!!

Coach’s core work out: lots of planks!

Swim: 4000 yards
Warm up; 50s/100s/50s/200s on timed intervals. Hard!!! Felt solid!! 500 pull/paddles

Saturday: 81 mile ride
Hard! Mentally hard! Obviously need to work on my nutrition!

Another week down! 222 miles on the bike!! How did that happen? The weather has been nice that’s how!! 🙂

12 Responses to “Ironman Canada Training Week #15”

1. Kristen L May 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM #

Love that sweaty selfie!! 🙂 I’m so impressed by how many bike miles you got in last week! I should really start bike commuting again. Easy way to add in a few extra miles each day.

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com May 21, 2014 at 4:55 AM #

Aaaaaand you continue to amaze me! Glad the weather has been mostly awesome for you. Like Kristen said.. Love the sweaty selfie! Now that’s hard work and determination right there!

3. Kecia May 21, 2014 at 5:32 AM #

AWESOME Week Leslie!! I can’t wait to get back to where I am not limited on what I can do. I love the pics!! You are definitely going to be ready for IM 😉

4. Kimberly @ Healthy Strides May 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM #

Holy shit! That selfie is CLASSIC. Way to go on an awesome week. You are a rockstar!

5. Luv What You Do May 21, 2014 at 6:51 PM #

Ha ha! Trombie that is so funny! I was definitely a Mombie during the Chicago Marathon last fall!

6. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust May 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM #

Wow, you definitely crushed it this week. Isn’t it wonderful how motivating warm, sunny weather can be?! I’m still working on nailing my nutrition too. It definitely feels like one big experiment that I’m trying to perfect.

7. Change of Pace May 22, 2014 at 7:52 PM #

That was an insane week!! It could have been the reason you didn’t feel great in your last long bike, too 🙂 I LOVE that sweaty trainer selfie!! Isn’t it amazing how sweaty you can get on the trainer- I love that feeling!!
    Way to go- you are doing so well with everything!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM #

I am such a big sweater anyway…you put me on the trainer and it is out of control!! 🙂

8. Single-Tracked Mind May 23, 2014 at 10:04 AM #

What an awesome week of training! And you sweat like I do: excessively!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM #

You should see me in spin class…dripping. I look around and think why isn’t anyone else sweating like I am! 🙂

9. Kristin (@SweatCourage) May 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM #

Wow looks like you had a fantastic week out there! I look exactly like you when I’m on my trainer, lol. I feel like a TROMBIE myself (that might be my new favorite word). I have started to think about commuting via bike to work.. it will be about 8 miles round trip. Sometimes I wonder if that’s to short to even be worth it, but it will contribute to my weekly bike miles! You might be my inspiration to give it a go! Have a great weekend!