Thoughts on SunRiver!

23 May

In less than an hour I am leaving for Sunriver. I am going to spend 4 days swimming, biking, and running in higher elevation. What do you pack for 4 days worth of working out?

I have no idea! I checked the weather:

It was supposed to be warmer but now cooler. Which is totally fine. We aren’t leaving for bike rides until late morning. It also gets warmer faster there than it does here. I packed more than normal but just to be on the safe side.

This maybe worse than packing for the actual Ironman weekend. Or even an overnight relay. I am typically a very light packer. I ONLY take what I am going to need! But I did bring a couple extra shirts, jerseys, gloves, Gels, and bars…just to be on the safe side!

But I got it condensed pretty good. Unfortunately I think I am still going to have to take 2 trips to the car!

I am a little nervous about this weekend! I had a bad ride last weekend but that is not going to stop me from moving forward this weekend! I checked my notes from last years camp. I can do this! I have a positive attitude! I am ready for the sufferfest. It is only going to make me stronger.

This weekend is going to be a test for our big weekend in Whistler. I have got to get my nutrition down. I have got to get my pacing down. I have to keep mentally strong and tough. In 4 weeks when we go to Whistler I am going to have to have a “perfect” dress rehearsal for the big day! I also want to enjoy the weekend. I can’t wait to swim in a different pool. Ride and run on different roads for a change of scenery. I think that a change will be good!

GO HARD OR GO HOME! It is time to get the work done! Every mile swam, biked, and run is banked to use on race day!!

It is hard not to think about time goals especially when I had such an epic race in Arizona. Whistler is a totally different course. I need to keep telling myself it is different!! I think it took all week for me to get some perspective back on this race! Thanks Sheryl for pointing that out!!

After writing this I am more excited than nervous!! Bring it on Sunriver!!

Happy Memorial weekend!! Who has big plans or even small plans??

6 Responses to “Thoughts on SunRiver!”

1. MoM May 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM #

You GO Girl! Work hard and have fun! Safe Travel, too!

2. Kecia May 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM #

Have an awesome trip Leslie!! I can’t wait to hear all about it. We will be doing a century ride this weekend just to get time in the saddle. πŸ™‚

3. Jesica @rUnladylike May 24, 2014 at 3:23 AM #

Good luck this weekend! You are going to do great! Believe in yourself because all your strength is inside you! You’ve got this!!!

4. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust May 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM #

I hope you are having a wonderful time in Sunriver! Hopefully you were able to make it up to Bachelor and around the Cascade Lakes. I rode up to Bachelor yesterday and it was beautiful! The temps are perfect!

5. erin May 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM #

Hope you’re having a kickin’ training weekend, Leslie! Excited to hear all about it! And, so jealous you’re doing a Whistler training weekend! I’m having serious IM Canada FOMO πŸ™‚

6. Change of Pace May 27, 2014 at 6:20 AM #

Hope you’re rides were smooth and your swimming and running felt fresh! Can’t wait to read about it.
    I think it’s so great you guys are going to whistler. It’ll be awesome to ride the course/parts of the course beforehand to see what some of the hills (boths ups and downs!) are like!