Ironman Canada Training Weeks #16 & 17

5 Jun

1sweat

This is so overdue I can’t even believe that I am going to post it! It will be short and sweet!!!

IMC Training Week #16
Swim: 11,800 yards
Bike: 97 miles
Run: 37.35 miles
Core: 2 sessions
Strength: 1 session

Great overall week!! A lot of swimming. Still feeling good in the water! In masters we did 50’s on the 1:01 again and I did 2 more than I did last time!!! I was pretty excited about that!! πŸ™‚ Biking was good. NOT great!

Runs this week were exceptionally good. Not sure why?! Started off with RNR P-Town 1/2 marathon. I did some hill repeats that felt amazing! The 1st run in Sunriver felt great. I wish I could have said that for the rest of that weekend!!

IMC Training Week #17
Swim: 9,500 yards
Bike: 150 miles
Run: 32 miles
Core: 0
Strength: 0

Felt a little blah after coming back from Sunriver but I guess that means that camp “worked!!”
Swims were good! First open water swim of the year!! Felt awesome! The water temperature was perfect!!

Bike rides were good!

We had a 5K run test on the schedule that went way better than I could have hoped! πŸ™‚ 18 mile run that also went relatively well for being hard, hilly, on my own, with no music!! #mentaltoughness

Triathlon season is here!! It is June!! Which means IMC is almost HERE!!

11 Responses to “Ironman Canada Training Weeks #16 & 17”

1. Kecia June 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM #

Whoop Whoop!! You are definitely going to rock Ironman Canada!! I’m so happy for you and where your training is!!

2. Single-Tracked Mind June 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM #

Your training is so impressive! I’m in awe of your weekly mileage! Excited to see you crush IMC!

3. lisarunsforcupcakes June 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM #

Just looking at your training schedule makes me tired! I honestly do not know how you triathletes do it! Just your running alone is nuts. But, that’s why you are awesome!

4. Kristin (@SweatCourage) June 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM #

Awesome work over these couple of weeks! You are rocking your training and I love reading about it since my life looks a very similar right now:) Keep up the great work!!

5. Change of Pace June 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM #

Your training sounds like it’s going so well! If you weren’t a little blah after Sunriver I’d be worried!!

6. erin June 9, 2014 at 5:08 AM #

Super solid couple weeks of training, Leslie! Keep it up! You are gonna be more than ready for IM Canada πŸ™‚

7. Kara June 9, 2014 at 12:48 PM #

Shoutout to those two ladies in the TNT wetsuits πŸ™‚ YAYY IMC!!! I am so excited for you!!!