LifE RighT NoW!

22 Jun

I am 5 weeks out from Ironman Canada. All I think about is goals, racing, and July 27th! I thought I would give you some insight on anything and everything I have been doing besides: swimming, biking, and running!

What I am LOVING: Dan! We celebrated our 1 year anniversary! I baked him a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting!
I ran out of frosting. But there was still plenty on it. DELICIOUS!

We decided to buy a Vitamix in lieu of presents for the anniversary! Loving smoothies! All.The.Time!

How I am BALANCING: Priorities are: Dan, training, sleeping, eating, and work. I know when I am IM training everything else takes a back seat. I still see friends and go to parties just not as much as I would like.

Portland/Hipster birthday party

Portland/Hipster birthday party

Eating: We are eating a lot of sweet potatoes, kale salad, and rice&beans. We need easy. I prepare a bunch of stuff on Sunday for the week. We are definitely sick of all the “easy” things we have been making the last couple of months!

Since I have been on rest week I have made a couple of different things:

Quinoa, green beans, peas, and avocado.

Brown rice pasta, tempeh, veggies.

Tacos and asparagus.

Reading: Iron War by Matt Fitzgerald. It is about the epic battle between Dave Scott and Mark Allen. Loving it. I am trying to read as much as I can but I read a few pages and I am exhausted! Can’t imagine why! 🙂

I have decided that I need to drink more COFFEE: Everyone drinks coffee. Why don’t I?!

Vegetable tip: Love kale! When I was at the farmers market I bought some kale and I was talking to the farmer. She said if the kale went limp you could put the stems into a vase(cut the bottom of the stems a little) with some water and a cap full of vinegar and it would come back to life. Sure enough it worked!

Here is a great recipe from Lauren. I have already made it twice!

Treats lately: Loving ice cream. Mostly Ben&Jerry’s and Salt&Straw. Dan has put the reins on how much I eat. (which is sad good) One of Dan’s teammates was having a fundraiser over at What’s The Scoop? So we rode our bikes very leisurely over there and picked up 4 pints.

Dreaming of: A new job/career! I have had it with my job. I need something different! In a huge way! I am thinking about a couple of changes but will think much more serious about it after Ironman is over!!

What are you loving right now?

23 Responses to “LifE RighT NoW!”

1. Sherrie June 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM #

Happy anniversary!!! You’re so inspiring! Penis cake is the best! Or maybe it’s just a #1. :). Really really happy for you guys!!!

2. MoM June 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM #

I’m loving you right now!

3. Mrs. JLB June 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM #

I’m loving your blog!! And weekly manicures 🙂 xoxo.

4. Kecia June 23, 2014 at 3:30 AM #

Happy Anniversary!! I’m lovin’ my bike right now, which is good because I’m starting to put a lot of hours on the saddle. I’m also lovin’ having my summer off from work (one of the few benefits of being a middle school teacher…I would NOT recommend that as your career change). Thanks for getting me thinking about what I’m loving right now…it was great!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM #

Yay! For bike love!!!
      I am so jealous of teachers! I don’t think I could ever be one but it would be nice to have the summer off!! 🙂

5. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM #

Congratulations on one year! My two year anniversary is coming up in a couple of months. 🙂 Thanks for the meal planning ideas. My husband and I need to switch it up in a major way – we end up eating the same thing every week. Habit, I guess. I have been loving the endless daylight and warmer days. I have been spending a lot more time out in the sun, up at the lakes, and exploring the countryside!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM #

I love summer too!!! The daylight is the best…except when I want to go to bed at 8!! 🙂

6. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com June 23, 2014 at 10:08 AM #

Congrats on the 1yr Anny! Your cake is too cute- love the flavor combo, too 🙂 A VItamix is an AWESOME gift. Glad you’re able to find some time for friends and family! I think that and the ice cream is keeping you sane, haha. I’m jealous of that asparagus… it’s $4.99/lb here and I just can’t bare to pay that much. I hope you find something else career-wise, you were talking about that at Ragnar. Maybe a bake shop?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM #

I am sure the ice cream is making me sane! I would always be in a grumpy mood!!! 🙂 Yeah the price of asparagus is outrageous!!! 😦
      A bake shop would be fun but I think it would be a lot of work!!! 🙂

7. bayrunnerjamie June 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM #

Happy 1st anniversary!! You always make the best looking food! I’ve gotten into a food rut in the last year and I end up making the same boring stuff every day. I’m all for finding a new career! If your job doesn’t make you happy, then it’s time to get out 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM #

Thanks!!! I know about the food. It is so easy just to make the same boring easy stuff but it was fun doing some different dishes this weekend!! 🙂

8. Kristin (@SweatCourage) June 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM #

I love this post! Happy Anniversary and great job on the cake. I really need to think of better ways to prepare easy meals… before IM training, I had a lot more energy to cook new recipes all the time. Right now, I’m finding with all the training, cooking makes me even more tired. I love the idea of doing rice and beans, I’ll have to try Lauren’s recipe. Anything to make life easier while training. Thank you for the tip about the Kale. I am a kale fanatic and I had no idea you could fix limp kale… I will definitely remember this next time!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 26, 2014 at 1:14 PM #

I love to cook as well! But right now…I need EASY!!! I read a few blogs I have gotten some good ideas from! I will try and post a couple of more!
      The kale trick worked again! I have some in the all healing “solution”!! I can’t believe I never knew about it before!! Glad I could share it with you guys too!

9. Kristen L June 24, 2014 at 7:57 PM #

Happy anniversary to you and Dan! We always get in a routine with food too. It is nice to mix things up sometimes.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM #

Definitely! I just got 2 more new recipes that I am going to try probably next weekend!! 🙂

10. Amie June 25, 2014 at 6:18 AM #

Happy Anniversary! Such a great post – sounds like you’re having fun and fitting it all in despite all training!

11. erin June 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM #

Happy one year! Thanks for the kale tip… I had no idea, and I eat kale all.the.time. Vitamix = best kitchen appliance! My ice cream consumption is out of control, too… doesn’t help when it’s hot out, either. OMG… I am done with my gig, too. DONE. I feel your pain, lady. Hang in there… IM always ushers in good changes 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 26, 2014 at 1:02 PM #

Yes!! I would absolutely agree that my ice cream consumption is out of control too! Not sure how it spiraled out of control but it has!!!
      I am miserable at work EVERY.SINGLE.DAY!! I need out! Lets start a business together!!! 🙂

12. Luv What You Do June 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM #

Happy Anniversary (I know I am a little late to the party)…ha ha! That cake looks divine! What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

13. Lee@tri*inspired*life June 27, 2014 at 7:30 AM #

I would love to hear more about your Vita-Mix as you use it. I have thought about purchasing one for a while now. What I love right now is the support my husband gives me while I am IM training. He is not racing (he has previously done 2 IMs), but he is great with cooking dinners, chores that I don’t have time for and also riding with me. Also, I loved the massage that I got yesterday,,,it was soooo needed!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM #

Yes!! I will probably do another Vita-mix post! We have mostly had smoothies and shakes but I want to explore more!! 🙂
      You are so lucky to have a husband that supports you!! It’s so important!! 🙂