Damn Weather!

27 Jun

I came to Sunriver this weekend because it is always sunny in Sunriver! Dan was supposed to do the Pacific Crest long course triathlon. I was coming to ride bikes, cheer, float the river, and hang out!

Well turns out the weather was going to be shitty and Dan was not going to race! 😦

Stephanie and I were set up to roll out at 7 this morning! To our surprise it was raining. Steph didn’t have a rain coat and I had brought Dan’s(what I thought was a raincoat). You would have thought I would have just brought my own!

The plan was 90 miles. We were soaked and dirty within the first 5! We chatted and rode. It was cold and wet. We had some climbing and then we descended! It was not pretty. Steph couldn’t even feel her fingers! She was going to turn back.
I had to decide if I was going to continue or turn back. I worried mostly about the descent coming off Bachelor! This is not the time to get sick!
image
We turned around and rode the rest of the Olympic course backwards and continued on back to Sunriver. No significant climbing but rollers throughout! We got in 55 miles. Solid and a pretty good clip. Better than nothing. πŸ™‚

We made it back and looked like drenched sewer rats! We parted ways and I came straight home to jump in the hot tub!

image
I warmed up and had lunch! Went down to the expo and bought this:
image

Super excited! Laura had one and I wanted one too!

If I hadn’t had enough of the cold…we went to the lake to swim! The lake was cold but not bad once we got used to it. It was windy and choppy too. I should have stayed in Portland!

We got home and I sat in the hot tub for the second time today! #livinthedream #nuunlife
image
Happy weekend! What do u do if your plans change?!

18 Responses to “Damn Weather!”

1. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 28, 2014 at 4:06 PM #

I was thinking about you yesterday when I saw how bad the mountains looked. I’m glad you at least got in a good ride and got to relax multiple times in the hot tub. I am super excited that you are going to be doing the Olympic tomorrow! Why not, right? Hope to see you there!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM #

Yes I am excited to “race”! I am not gonna try to kill myself but have a solid workout! πŸ™‚ I am sure we will run into each other tomorrow!!

2. Kecia June 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM #

The weather hasn’t been much better here. We got lucky with our workout today…it was only cut short by 15 minutes on the run (after having completed a 2500 m swim and 78 miles of riding) due to severe storms. It has been thundering, lightening and pouring rain nonstop ever since. I hope you have better weather for the Olympic tomorrow!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 28, 2014 at 6:38 PM #

Oh wow! You did luck out! Great workout too! Should be a great day tomorrow! I still can’t believe our ride was so ridiculous! 😦

3. Luv What You Do June 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM #

Love the hot tub photo!!! So jealous…wish I had one of those : ) Bummer about the rain. I did a long bike ride today and was super worried it would be too hot and humid. Luckily, it was awesome biking weather!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 28, 2014 at 6:43 PM #

I can’t believe that I posted a pic in my full bathing suit. I was in a bikini the first go around! πŸ™‚
      Glad you had a great ride today!! I bet it’s getting warmer and humid in Chicago. So probably perfect time to ride?!

4. erin June 29, 2014 at 6:12 AM #

Way to get out there despite the rain! The weekend weather has been terrible here lately… the rain needs to stop because everything is flooded! I have a four-hour ride today, and I’ll most likely get rained on the latter half. Boo. Anyway, isn’t Iron War a great read?! And, thanks for the hot tub inspiration… totally hopping in ours when I’m done training today! Hope you’re having a fab weekend!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM #

I love getting in the hot tub after a rainy ride!!! I hope your weather gets better soon! Its no fun riding in crappy weather!!! 😦

5. Single-Tracked Mind June 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM #

Blech, I think you made the right decision by shortening the (still long) ride and hot tubbing instead! πŸ™‚

6. Kat June 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM #

I rode up here on Friday and was absolutely drenched, at least it was fairly warm. Though climbing my glasses would get foggy which made things interesting. At least I climb slow enough that I can see anything coming πŸ™‚
    Wish I would have had a hot tub to crawl into afterwards. That looks absolutely delightful!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM #

Oh man..you rode in the rain too!!! 😦 I didn’t even wear glasses but Steph’s kept fogging up too!!

7. Kristin (@SweatCourage) July 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM #

Bummer about the rain, but good for you for sticking it out! I am such a wimp when it comes to riding in the rain… if there is a high chance of rain, I will be on my bike trainer in the basement:) Jealous you have a hot tub.. that must come handy with Ironman training! I have resorted to just filling my bath tub with hot water… and epsom salts too:)

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM #

I haven’t rode in that much rain in a really long time. I was actually surprised we lasted that long out there! I always say I am going to take an Epsom salt bath but I always forget!!

8. Kara July 2, 2014 at 8:55 AM #

You are such a rockstar. Riding in the rain is so brutal. But that hot tub looks amazing!! Probably because I’m freezing right now, haha. By the way, how’s that book, Iron War?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pac Crest Olympic!! | Triathlete Treats - July 3, 2014

[…] I would never do it again. Ha! My weekend in Sunriver did not really turn out how I thought! It rained on Friday and I didn’t get in my real ride! Dan decided it would be best not to race. He changed over his bib to the Oly race and I thought […]

2. Ironman Canada Training Weeks #21 & #22 | Triathlete Treats - July 7, 2014

[…] a new tire) I found alternate ways to get to work! I got lost on our Wednesday morning route. Our rainy ride did not help things […]