Ironman Canada Training Weeks #21 & #22

7 Jul

Whoa!! We are getting there!

tri5

IMC Training Week 21
Swim: 9800 yards
Bike: 73 miles
Run: 22.4 miles
Core: 1
Strength: 1

Tough week. Not even work out wise just a super emotional week. #womanproblems I could do nothing right. I was on the verge of tears all week. Work outs were good and bad.

Swims were good but I am with a new Masters team and the coach has found multiple problems with my swimming. I am trying to incorporate his findings and trying to fix them.

I had a flat tire on my commuter bike Monday morning and there was no time to fix it until Thursday. (I had tubes to change but I found too many pieces of glass and figured I better just get a new tire) I found alternate ways to get to work! I got lost on our Wednesday morning route. Our rainy ride did not help things either!!

My long run went surprisingly well probably because I did not look at any of the splits until I got home. Another reason to cry because I thought for sure I had done way better than my watch said! Tempo run went really well though!

Just another mentally draining week. I watched a Webinar about mental toughness the night before our ride. I really was pumped up for the ride. Of course it would be shitty weather!!

Last of the dessert for a while. We are inside 30 days!!

IMC training week #22

Swim: 8200 yards
Bike: 177 miles
Run: 23.2 miles
Core: 1
Strength: 1

Started off really well with the unexpected Olympic triathlon. This week went better except for the unexpected rest day on Tuesday. I woke up late Monday night with either food poisoning or some sort of 24hr stomach problem. It was pretty miserable but I got over that and re-arranged some work-outs to make everything work.

Swimming was good. I didn’t go to either Masters practice but I did both workouts at different times. Threshold tests of 500,200,100 between a bunch of other stuff one day. Feeling good about those times especially because I was by myself and not nearly as motivated. Still trying to incorporate Ralph’s findings!

Biking. I lost a work out of biking but I bike commuted 4 days and that does not really make up for it but life will go on. The triple brick couldn’t have gone any better. I felt good. I nailed nutrition. I paced pretty well!

Running was good. I survived the run in Sunriver. My easy run felt easy at a faster pace. My running off the bike went relatively well!

I am off desserts until race day. I slept really amazing this week. (except Monday night) Just have to get through these last couple of weeks!

How’s your training going??!!

14 Responses to “Ironman Canada Training Weeks #21 & #22”

1. Kecia July 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM #

Congrats on a GREAT couple of weeks!! It is hard to believe your are less than 30 days away from race day…CRAZY how quickly time flies!! You are so ready for race day and I can’t wait to cheer you on from afar 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM #

Thanks Kecia!!! I know we are 17 days out now!! I can’t believe it!!! I am getting really excited for the last push this weekend and to taper!! IMW will be here before we know it too!!! 🙂

2. Change of Pace July 7, 2014 at 7:29 PM #

Wow- amazing couple of weeks! Your last week was crazy with a sick day in there!
    Glad to hear the nutrition is all sorted out! And I’m so impressed you can give up treats. I swear I’m going to do it one day 🙂
    I cannot wait to virtually cheer and watch you on race day!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM #

Thanks Abby!!! Believe me giving up treats is the hardest thing to do. It is much better this time around. (if you remember last year was super hard) 😦

3. Lee@tri*inspired*life July 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM #

Great work! I can totally relate to your emotional and mental roller coaster rides! I am right there with you! These last few weeks are tough, but we will be so ready for race day! Hang in there…I am trying to do the same with IMLP right around the corner!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM #

I am just glad that I am not the only one in the emotional state!! A friend told me last night that he is so ready for the race to be over (i said: me too) and that is when we know we are actually are “ready” to race!! 🙂 Good luck with your final weeks of training!

4. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com July 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM #

I still can’t believe after all your training you still bike to work. Makes me feel so lazy, haha, although it’s not really doable to my job. Glad you’re feeling better and it was only a 24 hr bug! And don’t worry about your dessert… I’ll have an extra one for you 😉

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM #

Believe me I would rather not bike to work as it is uphill but it is nice coming home!! 🙂 Please have 3 extra desserts for me!! LOL!

5. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 9, 2014 at 7:26 AM #

I can’t believe you are only three weeks away!!! I can’t imagine the emotions you must be going through each day. Enjoy it and take time to reflect on ALL your hard work! Sooooo, what is the story behind giving up dessert for 30 days?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:03 AM #

You are telling me!! I am actually getting really excited!! I will do a post about the desserts! 🙂

6. Kristin (@SweatCourage) July 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM #

I can completely relate to being emotional lately…. I feel like all of this training, and now getting so close has made me even more of a basket case:) I almost started crying the other day when talking about how I’ve grown as a person thanks to I’M training. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, this whole process is just as mental as it is physical. You are getting so close now… Which means I’m getting close, yikes! I’m just curious, why do you give up dessert? Is it the dairy?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM #

I am glad I am not the only one that is emotional! 🙂 It is very mental and the race is even more than training! I will do a post about the dessert!! 🙂

7. Single-Tracked Mind July 10, 2014 at 11:09 AM #

Congrats on your crazy weeks of training! I think the mental part of racing/training is the most grueling. Do you plan on taking a break at all post-IM? I love the comic – I can relate to it all too well! 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 10, 2014 at 8:27 PM #

I think that the mental part is way harder than the mental part!! I am taking a short break and then doing Hood To Coast relay.(I am doing an easy leg) and then NYC marathon. I am going to take a break after that!! 🙂