Ironman Canada Training Week #23

17 Jul

Our last hard week. The week of “lasts.” I am glad that week is behind me and I am getting more excited for the race!
tri4

Sunday: 6.3 mile run with 6 x 3:00 hill repeats. Legs were like lead from the triple brick but by the time I got to the hill they really felt good!

3800 meter open water swim: great swim. Sun was out. Great day to run and swim!!

Monday: 1 hour spin class + 10 mins of core work

13 mile bike commute

Tuesday: 3500 yard swim: warm up; drills; pull(every 4th 25 we did backstroke–has anyone tried to pull backstroke…much harder than I thought!); main set was 300s; fast/slow stuff to end

4 mile easy run

8 mile bike commute

Wednesday: LAST strength work out; squats; chest press; hamstring curls; lots of different ways

20 mile bike ride with Kat and Dan; We went in the evening and it was really hot but the loop that we did laps on was shady. It ended up being super nice!

13 mile bike commute

Thursday: 3400 yard swim; warm up; kick/drills; did some pulling with different amounts of breathing; Main set: 125s with fast/mod; cool down

8.3 mile run; 2 mile warm up; 4 miles at :90hard/:60easy I was really excited about how this went. It was hard but I felt strong! 2.3 mile cool down

Last core workout! Lots of planks; swiss ball/med ball action

Friday: REST day! Holla!!

Saturday: Last long ride! 83 mile Mt. St Helens ride + 1.25 transition run

Another successful week of NO dessert!

10 days until GO TIME!!

20 Responses to “Ironman Canada Training Week #23”

1. Change of Pace July 18, 2014 at 6:04 AM #

SO EXCITED for YOU TO RACE!! Your trainig seems like it has gone incredible well! Enjoy the last 10 days πŸ™‚

2. Single-Tracked Mind July 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM #

So excited to read the race recap! Great week of workouts. Do you plan on strength training the week leading up to the race (next week?) With San Francisco Marathon the same day as your race, I’m nixing strength workouts next week to ensure nothing is sore!

3. Luv What You Do July 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM #

ha ha that is so funny and true!! Although I haven’t vomitted after a race yet : ) So excited for your upcoming race!

4. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?! July 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM #

Wow, you’re getting so close! I loved reading the recap of what your workouts are like at this stage – gives me hope that someday I can do this!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM #

Yes very close!! πŸ™‚ You can absolutely do it too!! You just have to WANT to do an Ironman because it is a lot of time/effort/money/training!!! πŸ™‚

5. Kecia July 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM #

Congrats on an amazing week!! YOU are going to have an AWESOME race and I can’t wait to cheer you on from central Iowa πŸ™‚

6. Kamie July 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM #

You crazy girl!!! Keep up the good work.

7. erin July 21, 2014 at 5:13 AM #

Happy race week, Leslie! So, SO pumped for you! Your training has gone well… you are ready to crush Canada!

8. Lee@tri*inspired*life July 21, 2014 at 5:56 AM #

I hope you taper has been going well. So far, so good for me. I can’t believe that in one week from today, we will be post-race!

9. Lee@tri*inspired*life July 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM #

Hey Leslie! Any suggestions/thoughts on special needs? Since you have already done an IM, is there anything you wish you had during your first IM that you plan on putting in special needs for this weekend? I am looking for ideas on things that might not be obvious and are for “worse case scenario” type situations. I figured you are a perfect person to ask since it is fresh on your mind. like it is for me. Thanks!

10. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM #

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, it’s just right around the corner!!! I can’t wait to hear every single detail (be sure to keep notes) πŸ™‚ I am considering Canada next year for my first and your experience will definitely play a role in that decision. Have a great taper and race week. Can’t imagine how you are feeling right now!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM #

Believe me!! I will have lots of notes for you!! πŸ™‚ But I can already tell you….I think you will be happy with Canada as your first!! πŸ™‚ I am getting excited as the days are getting closer but a little nervous too!!

11. Kristin (@SweatCourage) July 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM #

I can’t believe it’s RACE WEEK for you!! Enjoy the taper and getting ready for the big day. Can’t wait to track you this weekend!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM #

Thanks Kristin!! I am getting super excited! I can’t believe that the race is here and we are leaving for Whistler in 2 days!!! ahhh!!! πŸ™‚