Ironman Canada: TOMORROW!

26 Jul

First I want to say thanks for all of the comments and motivation you have given me the last 6 months. The day has come. I will be “racing” my 4th Ironman tomorrow in Whistler, BC!

I started stalking the weather 10 days ago and it has mostly been in the high 70s/low 80s which is way too hot for me. I expressed that to Jeremy at our pre-race meeting. We put together a solid hydration plan for the week leading up/race day! I am confident that the heat won’t get in my way of the goals I have made!

Here is what weather.com said today about tomorrow:
wea1

Here is what accuweather.com said today about tomorrow:
weat2

I am still nervous but I have been pumping in the salt, electrolytes, Nuun, and water! I am set! I am not going to let the heat or the wind get me down!! πŸ™‚

Goals: I have put some numbers together for tomorrow. I am positive and confident that I will have a good race! My training this season did not go as well as I would have liked. (the big big work outs) I did put in all the time and effort it just was not as fast as I would have liked. I just have to keep remembering all the long/hard days I was out there. The time spent doing what I love (just not on those days).

I have really re-worked my mental game these last several weeks and more confident now. That being said the course is no joke as I said when we got back from our training camp! I just want to go out there and have a good race and HAVE FUN!!

I will just give you a range of what I am thinking:
Swim: 1:08-1:10
T!: 0:06ish
Bike: 6:35-6:56
T2: 0:03ish
Run: 4:57-5:07

The low end of the bike and run I would love to do. If the day goes perfect or almost perfect it will be close to those numbers. The high end of the bike was my bike split in CdA and I just want to beat that. The high end of the run was my run split in AZ and I just want to beat that!

I would love love love a sub 13/12:59:59. I am telling you because everyone always says if you “EXPRESS” TO “EVERYONE” YOUR “GOALS” then you will work harder to actually achieve the goals!! I know that you all will be tracking me and I don’t want to disappoint you or me for that matter!! πŸ™‚

Here is my number:

You can track at ironman.com or on the IronTrac app.

It is almost go time!!

17 Responses to “Ironman Canada: TOMORROW!”

1. Ashley July 26, 2014 at 8:46 AM #

Good luck Leslie!! We will be tracking you! So proud of you!!!

2. Kecia July 26, 2014 at 8:48 AM #

You are going to have an amazing day!! I will be sending you positive thoughts and energy tomorrow!! Smile and have fun πŸ™‚

3. Ashley July 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM #

Good luck Leslie!! You guys are going to do great! We will be tracking you!

4. erin July 26, 2014 at 9:25 AM #

Go get those goals tomorrow, Leslie, and CRUSH them! You’ve worked hard and are more than ready. The weather looks great… with minimal wind! Sending speedy races vibes! Have FUN! Already have you loaded in IronTrac πŸ™‚

5. Kamie July 26, 2014 at 12:40 PM #

Go get em kids. You got this. Stay focused and visualize the end!!

6. Jonathan94002 July 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM #

Have a great race, Leslie!

7. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com July 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM #

I am so excited for you!!! Super Good Luck, Have Fun and Kill that course! Gooooo Leslie πŸ™‚

8. Kimra July 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM #

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! Have a GREAT day tomorrow!

9. MoM July 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM #

You can do this! This I know! GO Girl!!!

10. Trudy July 26, 2014 at 6:57 PM #

Best of luck Leslie! I know you have worked really hard so I am sure you will meet all your goals! Say hi to your mom.

11. Kathy Howe July 26, 2014 at 6:58 PM #

Good luck!!!

• Single-Tracked Mind July 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM #

GOOD LUCK LESLIE! Taylor and I will be following from afar – you are going to crush!!! Enjoy the race wheels – I can’t wait to hear what you think about them.

The dessert will be that much sweeter after a big PR tomorrow! Also, thank you for checking in on my race today; much appreciated!

12. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM #

Cheering for you and tracking you RIGHT NOW!!! The conditions look perfect and I know you are going to finish strong. Enjoy every moment and be sure to take it all in at the finish line. Woo Hoo!!!

13. Luv What You Do July 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM #

Good luck!
    How did it go?
    Can’t wait to read all about it!

14. Single-Tracked Mind July 27, 2014 at 8:11 PM #

13:06!!! Amazing race – great job Leslie!

15. The Padre July 29, 2014 at 6:46 AM #

You so nailed your targeted numbers!! Gr8 Job!! Sending you positive vibes and look forward to the race report. Cheers

16. Kristin (@SweatCourage) July 29, 2014 at 6:46 AM #

CONGRATS Leslie!!! Amazing job out there! I looked at your times and your goals and it looks like you met both your bike AND run goals, so awesome!!! Can’t wait to hear more about it!