More S’mores Please!

13 Sep

Since IMC it has been a battle with the desserts. Some weeks have been good and some not so much. I decided last weekend we should quit desserts (but I had just made chocolate chip zucchini bread) until after NYC marathon! Dan was ok with it because he isn’t working out as much and doesn’t want the extra calories anyway! He proceeded to tell me that the said bread was considered dessert. I begged to differ but said ok we will eat the bread and Saturday we would quit! Today marks 50 days until the race.

Well we got invited over to a friends house for a some fire pit action last night. I thought yes. S’mores. I haven’t had a s’mores in years. That would be my last hoorah!

Last week I presented: How to build an ice cream sandwich. This week will be how to make an epic s’more!

You are probably thinking: yeah yeah yeah. You put the chocolate on the gram. You roast the marlow. Put the marlow on the chocolate and a gram on the marlow. EAT!! —> That is the long story short!

Here is what you need!

My s’mores are different kind of. You will not be surprised when you tell you this! I made 4. They each had another marshmallow added. I used a variety of chocolate.

This was the sequence of the third one:

Here is the MOST important part:
You have to put the entire s’more on the stick and put it back in the fire!

Only for a few seconds but it will melt the chocolate!

You can finally eat it! Be careful! It is messy!!

My 4th and final one was OUT OF CONTROL:
I roasted 4 marlows! Hello! Here is the aftermath!
So messy!! So good!!

Here is the BEST picture of the night!

Here’s to 50 days until the New York City Marathon!! 50 days of NO treats!! Here we go!

How do you like your s’mores?

17 Responses to “More S’mores Please!”

1. Michelle September 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM #

Such a challenge! I just said today that I am not allowed any milk chocolate until after a half marathon (same weekend as NYC). Small exception for occasional dark chocolate!! Good luck!

2. erin September 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM #

Putting the finished s’more back in the fire?! Brilliant! I’ve been debating giving up sugar for awhile (except for dark chocolate), even though I have no upcoming races. Surprisingly, though, my sugar intake this week post IMWI hasn’t been too bad! A bit of gelato and some dark chocolate 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats September 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM #

I always feel better when I am not eating sugar(treats)! 😦 I am sure you are better than me though!!

3. Ashley September 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM #

Yummy!!! Looks like fun!!! Love s’mores!

4. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com September 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM #

You are so dedicated! I like my s’mores open faced with 2 pieces of chocolate topped with 2 marshmallows. So technically I end up with double the pleasure because I still use 2 graham crackers, haha. I love the Reese’s idea! I need to find those 🙂

5. Kecia September 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM #

Those look DELISH!! Oh my!! Super yummy!!

6. Luv What You Do September 14, 2014 at 7:38 PM #

Reece’s s’mores is totally genius!
    So jealous you are running new york this year!!!

7. Kimberly @ Healthy Strides September 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM #

I need to hang out with you! (Obviously there’s a distance problem!) I have been wanting to try a reese cup with it but I didn’t know there were Reese squares. Maybe we’ll have a fire after my half in a couple weeks, and I can celebrate (or mourn) with those.

8. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life September 16, 2014 at 8:45 AM #

What a fun post Leslie! I can totally see how the Reese’s is game changer!

9. Single-Tracked Mind September 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM #

Reese’s s’mores are the BEST!