10 Days Until GO TIME!

24 Oct

Well I survived my 3rd Nike Women’s 1/2 Marathon and I am still writing the post!  I know that you are on the edge of your seat waiting for that recap! πŸ™‚ It will come soon I promise!!

I have been collecting some great links I have found regarding the New York City Marathon.

This link is from Runners World —> 10 Tips on how to run the best NYC marathon!

This link is everything you need to know condensed into one post! It was very informative. This guy, Runar, has run the last 35 NYC marathons. I guess he knows a few things about the race! —> NYC marathon advice

This link is for spectators from Runar —> Watching NYC marathon

This is an awesome link. I found it weeks ago and really got me pumped up for the race. She covers everything. —> Tips, Strategy, and Info!

Bart Yasso takes you through a tour of the marathon on Google maps —> Bart’s video!
**This got me especially excited**

Kara used to live in the New York area and has run the marathon twice. —> Her tips!

This is just a NYC post! The gal just happens to be running the race this year. She is talking about things to do instead of the regular “tourist” things to do! —> Not to do in NYC!

This is a fun Buzzfeed article —> 37 things that will inspire you!

I have read lots of race reports. I am truly excited for this race. It is hard to believe that my first application for the lottery was in 2010! I will be in NYC at this time next week! Can.Not.Wait!!

I am still not sure about goals and a race plan but I will have it figured out before I step onto the plane Thursday night!

Do you have any other tips or links for the NYC marathon I should know about?!

12 Responses to “10 Days Until GO TIME!”

1. Kecia October 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM #

I’m so impressed and inspired by you…running the NYC Marathon πŸ˜‰ I have no experience in running this race, so I don’t have advice for you, but I know you will have a great race!!

2. Sherrie October 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM #

Needless to say, a most excellent blog post! I read a bunch of this and you reminded me of things like needing to take extra warm clothes (Dana wore a fuzzy bathrobe from goodwill) and packing my oatmeal so I don’t need to spend energy going looking for it. Will be SO FUN!!! Do you have a time goal at all??? Or just fun?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 25, 2014 at 9:46 PM #

I want it to be fun but work hard too! I would love to PR which is a sub 4:43. Can i do it? Yes!! I know i can!! I am going to start slow and pick it up and see what happens!! I just want to have a good race and finish strong!!

3. Marathons and Macarons October 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM #

Thanks for linking to my post! I’m so excited about next Sunday. Have a great race!!!

4. Kristen October 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM #

I can’t wait to hear all about the Nike 1/2 Marathon. I have contemplated running it but haven’t committed to the long/expensive traveling it would likely entail. Is it one of your favorites? Is it worth the travel/expenses? Next up , NYC!!! Could not be more excited for you. What a magical place to run.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM #

I love NWM. I love SF. But the race is expensive!! It is fun but the new course I think is harder than the old course (and not as scenic)! I will probably continue to race it as long as i can get in. That is the other problem it is hard to get in! It is definitely worth it to do once!! πŸ™‚

5. Kara October 26, 2014 at 8:07 PM #

The Running and the City link is my friend! Haha so funny. She does know everything. This race is seriously the best experience. One of the best days of my life. I wish I still lived there so I could cheer you on in person! But rest assured I’ll be cowbelling from the west coast πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 30, 2014 at 11:05 PM #

She seems pretty knowledgeable!! πŸ™‚
      I am really most excited for the “experience”. I just want to have a fun day and take it all in!! Send fast vibes!!

6. Kara November 3, 2014 at 7:03 PM #

Thank you so much for your shout out!! πŸ™‚

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. NYC Marathon Goals | Triathlete Treats - October 31, 2014

[…] updated my last NYC post with a couple of new links if you want to check them […]