3 for Thanksgiving!

27 Nov

1!! I am not much of a Thanksgiving person. I am not super into cooking all day, eating, and cleaning up the rest of the night! I do like spending time with my family and thinking about all the things I am thankful for!

I made a couple of pies for the feast. Since I am not a big traditional Thanksgiving person. I am also not a pie person but if you remember I made my first pie crust last year. The coconut cream pie was delicious. We still talk about it at family dinners. They requested it again this year.

I just had a slight problem—> I burned the first batch of coconut I was toasting!
IMG_3131
I was focused on rolling out the pie crust and forgot to set the timer!

2nd time was a charm and the cooked pie crust:
IMG_3133

Finally product—> looks like last years. (Hopefully it will taste the same) πŸ™‚
IMG_3140

I also decided after “the win” at the pie-off I would make the crack pie again. Again I had a bit of trouble with the oven and timing on this one. I think that it all worked out and still looks good.
IMG_3142

2!! I had averaged more than 10,000 yards of swimming every week leading up to Ironman Canada this year. I have literally averaged 4000 yards a MONTH since Whistler! But in light of Thanksgiving I thought I would bang out a 4K this morning. I got the idea from my old swim coach. He does a 10k swim every year before Thanksgiving. He added a 7k/4k this year and posted the work-outs.

That gave me a little inspiration to get in a LONNGGGG swim today. If you are interested here are all 3 work-outs.

This is what I did today:
IMG_3141

We got in the pool at 10:25 and I told Dan that my goal was to be out of the pool by noon!! It actually wasn’t awful. It went by really fast but my arms felt like jello just before starting the threshold set! I finished at 11:55 and I was starving!
IMG_3143

I think this is just what I needed to jump back into the pool regularly!

3!! GONE GIRL! Who has read it or watched the movie?! I finished the book in Costa Rica. I loved the book until literally the last page!! I couldn’t wait to see the movie! I saw the movie last night. What a crazy story! We left the theater and Dan was still saying oh my god…oh my god an hour later!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! What did you make for the feast? Who wants to go to Costa Rica for Thanksgiving next year? πŸ˜‰

13 Responses to “3 for Thanksgiving!”

1. Lee November 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM #

What a day to bust out a great, long swim workout! I hate to say that I have only been in the pool once since IMLP…! I got in a long aero based trainer workout before the turkey festivities began. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Costa Rica. That is on my places to visit in the near future!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 30, 2014 at 2:56 PM #

I love Costa Rica! I am going to do a post as soon as i have complied all our pictures!! πŸ™‚

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com November 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM #

Happy Thanksgiving! It happens to be my fave holiday πŸ™‚ That may be because I don’t do all of the cooking, haha. I made mashed potatoes to contribute this year. Easy Peasy. Nice swim. I did an easy 9 miler. I’ll go to costa rica next year! I’ve always wanted to go. Hope your pie was yummy πŸ™‚

3. Kecia November 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM #

Happy Thanksgiving!! Awesome job on your swim…you rock!! We hung out with friends for Thanksgiving and I didn’t have to bring much (veggie tray and meat/cheese tray), so it was super easy and fun πŸ™‚ I’d LOVE to go to Costa Rica next year…my only problem is I get 2 vacation days a year and can’t use them around a holiday 😦

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM #

2 vacation days that is it!!! But you have all summer off! πŸ™‚ That makes up for it!

• Kecia November 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM #

It does make up for it, but we are limited on when we can take vaca then.

4. Luv What You Do November 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM #

Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust November 29, 2014 at 8:08 PM #

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I need to get my butt back in the pool as soon as my marathon is over. To much time away. Sigh.

I will gladly go to Costa Rica with you next Thanksgiving – or anytime for that matter. My husband and I had the same reaction when we saw Gone Girl and walked out of the theater. Our jaws were dropped!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM #

You definitely need to find a masters swim. I think it would help your motivation!! πŸ™‚ I have been swimming on my own but i think i need a push!!
      I am not sure anyone expected that ending out of Gone Girl!!!

6. erin December 1, 2014 at 5:12 AM #

Happy Thanksgiving! That coconut cream pie looks AMAZING (coconut is one of my favorite foods). Way to swim, too! Looks like a super fun set. I, too, averaged 10k+ per week leading up to IMWI… now I’m about half that. It’s tough to get motivated to swim when it’s 10 degrees here πŸ˜‰

7. Change of Pace December 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM #

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I’m sure your pies were a hit!
    Did you have a headache after your swim? I don’t swim until I have a triathlon to train for, so I usually go months at a time without swimming. After my first one back, I always have a killer headache!
    I want to hear about Costa Rica!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats December 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM #

The pies were a hit!
      I did not get a headache. Sometimes I do if I have a really tight cap (think: TYR). If i am starting to get a headache i can usually take it off to reset it and usually it goes away. πŸ™‚