Plans for 2015!

29 Nov

I do lots of races! I like to race. It keeps me motivated. It is fun. As my years of “racing” have kept going up I have realized more and more that I should not race as much. Every year I say I am not going to race as much. Not do as many “fun” races or “training” races but every year my calendar gets crazy!

I am in my “off-season” now. Now that I am back from vacation I have been biking and swimming again. I have not run since NYC. I had some foot pain about 2 weeks before the race so I decided to let it heal and recover until December 2. I am hesitant to write this post but I am going to post it anyway.

I have been trying to decide what to do about races next year. I have only signed up for 3 running races so far. But I have my eye on a couple of others. I have eyes on a couple of triathlons. I don’t have much going on in the fall. What to do what to do?! If all is well with my foot then I will sign up for Shamrock/Victoria but I don’t want to do that until I am absolutely sure my foot is ok!

Here is what I have so far:
*RNR Arizona 1/2 marathon. I do this one every year. It is flat. It is good weather. It gets me out of P-town during rainy and dreary January! With this one I want to gauge what I can do with my half marathon distance. Give me a baseline for the rest of the year!
1st big goal of 2015: PR half-marathon.
*Ragnar Del Sol. Ultra relay. With the same girls I did Ragnar LV with! We are going a little more south in February!
*RNR Portland 1/2 marathon. Love this one. It is not as easy as AZ but this is where my PR is! We will see how my running has come along in May!
*Hood To Coast—August. I am a captain this year. I have never captained a 12-person team only 6-person teams! How hard could it be!?!? 😉

Others for the winter/spring:
Seattle Hot Chocolate 15K: Possible. I really want to do this one again. We will see.
Shamrock 15K: this is a staple in my year. I will do this one. I just need to sign up!!

Triathlons:
Victoria 70.3: My first and only problem with this one is that WTC has taken it over. I have heard it is a good race. I think it is similar to my PR race. If all goes well the weather will be nice and I will pull out a big PR.
2nd goal of 2015: PR 70.3(long course)

Possibles are:
*Duck Bill Thrill Oly—This is an early one in May. Maybe a tune up for Victoria?
*Rolf Prima Oly —July. I have heard this is a fun race. Down in the Eugene area. I would like to do an oly and Blue Lake is probably out because of timing.
*Black Diamond long course —in September—Where my PR. I would love to go back and do this one. It is a small race which I liked. I think depending on how training goes and what happens with Victoria I will probably do this one.

Depending on what I have decided on for the fall running wise and depending on where we are at in decided if we want to leave Portland or not. Also depending on how burnt out I am with tri training! I would love to do Austin 70.3. We also might go to Austin earlier in the year so this is totally up in the air!

Fall plans:
I was set on NOT doing a marathon in 2015 BUT I am going to apply for the NYC marathon lottery. That will probably be the deciding factor in the fall. If I don’t get in I will most likely not do a marathon. I would kind of like to do Chicago again too. (wink-wink)

If I really decided TOTALLY against a marathon then I will probably just work on another half-marathon PR. Especially if I have not PR’d and if I have then maybe a sub 2 goal will be in the cards?!

There you have it. My 2015 plans. Not really plans but dreams that could easily turn into reality if I want to work really hard!! 🙂

What are you plans for next year? What is your BIG race?

19 Responses to “Plans for 2015!”

1. Kecia November 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM #

Lots of race love for you and 2015 🙂 My only firm plan is Ironman Boulder. We are trying to nail down the rest of our races prior to Ironman and then we’ll focus on fall racing 🙂

2. katielookingforward November 30, 2014 at 7:16 AM #

Love the plans! My best friend is getting married at some point and hasn’t set a date, so I’m holding off on registering until I know that. I’m also debating a marathon or not, I got a PR in half and 10k this year, but just haven’t felt the pull to a marathon. It depends on how my legs feel in march. As far as triathlons, I did sprints last year, so I’d like an oly, and maybe a 41.5 but that race is dependent on the bestie’s wedding date.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM #

Good luck. My BFF is getting married as well. She finally booked her date and i was happy it didn’t interfere with any of my plans.
      Looks like you can have some solid plans too depending on her date!! I hope your friend is more decisive than mine!! 🙂

3. Luv What You Do November 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM #

Maybe we can both do the NYC marathon together?!

Looks like a fun year ahead. I definitely have a spring tri on my list!

4. bayrunnerjamie December 1, 2014 at 1:20 PM #

Lot’s of fun races! I considered doing the RNR AZ 1/2, but I’m not really psyched about training through the winter rain! But it is a fun race 🙂 I agree that races are great motivation, even if they are just for fun!

5. Single-Tracked Mind December 1, 2014 at 4:00 PM #

Great goals! I also tend to register for too many races. I just get too excited! Do you have a team already for Hood to Coast? 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats December 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM #

Right!! There are so many good races out there!! 🙂 Yes! We got in for Hood To Coast this year. Excited cause it will be a different team this year.

6. erin December 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM #

Sounds like 2015 is shaping up to be a stellar and fun year for you, Leslie! My only race (so far) is IMWI… though there may be another earlier season IM, too 🙂

7. Change of Pace December 2, 2014 at 5:10 AM #

Sorry that your foot is bugging you. How’s it doing now?
    Love your race plans; it’ll be lots of fun!
    My sister-in-law did Victoria 70.3 last year and it was a really fast course. It’s not too far for you to travel either!
    Hmm- I’m not much of a racer to begin with, but I’d like to get into decent shape post-baby (yikes!) and run in at least one race (most likely the trail one on our anniversary weekend again)!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats December 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM #

My foot seems to be good. Hopefully it was a flukey thing. I took 30 days off running and i am not sure i have ever done that! 🙂
      You stay so active. I am sure once the baby comes the baby weight will come right off!! 🙂

8. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete December 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM #

Sounds like an awesome 2015 season ahead of you! Love those goals too 🙂 One of my training buddies is actually trying to convince us to go to Eugene for the Duck Bill Thrill. She just moved up to Canada from there and used to be on the University of Oregon Tri team, so used to help organize the race.

9. Amie December 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM #

Looks like a great (and busy) year for you!! Best of luck as you tackle your 2015 goals!!

10. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust December 3, 2014 at 6:29 AM #

So exciting that you are making race plans for the 2015 season! It looks like you have some good stuff on your schedule. I am 95% sure that I will be doing Victoria 70.3 and think you should definitely consider it. Would be fun to FINALLY do a race together. ☺ A race in Austin would be fun – such a cool city. I am thinking about doing 70.3 Tahoe in September, but am not sure yet. Did you know they are considering bringing an Ironman event to Bend? I’m secretly hoping it happens.

Good luck on all of your goals!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats December 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM #

YESS!!!! Victoria! That would be so fun to meet!! Tahoe is crazy but you live at altitude and are a total beast so you would probably do great!! 🙂 Are you not doing Whistler??
      They were going to bring IM to Bend a couple of years ago but Tahoe got the bid instead! They are thinking about it again huh? I am just not sure logistics are there?!!