Home For The Holidays!

31 Dec

Wow! It has been a long time since I have written. Not sure what I have been doing.

I have been swimming, biking, and running a little.

I baked a little.

Caramels:
IMG_3286

Triple chocolate cheesecake cookies:
IMG_3287
I made these for a Hanukkah party. I couldn’t find any traditional Hanukkah treats that I wanted to make. I found these and they were delicious!!

Peanut butter hot chccolate:
IMG_3240
I made this more than once or twice! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I got this ever edge pan for Christmas. My mom had made some cookie dough but didn’t bake it. I put it in the pan and turned out awesome!!
Image 12-31-14 at 6.54 PM

We left for Las Vegas on Christmas Eve. Dan was especially excited to go and see the “real” Vegas.

After lots of family Christmas fun stuff. We did lots of touristy stuff. There is nothing like going to Vegas and it being as cold there as it is in Portland!

Day 1: We went up to the Stratosphere. It was super windy. All the rides were closed. Checked out the Welcome to Fabulous LV sign. (that may or may not have been a good idea. Totally debatable.) We got custard from Luv It. (one of my favorite places in Vegas)
Image 12-29-14 at 9.40 PM

Day 2: Saturday night out! I have not seen a show in a long time. My mom got us tickets to Jubilee. One of the last “real” Vegas shows. We had date night with my bro and Sister in law.
P1000513
We headed over to Bellagio to watch the water show, see the Conservatory, and get really expensive drinks.
IMG_3326
We went to Serendipity for dessert. I have been wanting to go for.ever!! The earliest reservation I could get was 10:45. I couldn’t believe we needed a reservation. I couldn’t believe we actually waited until 10:45 to eat dessert.
IMG_3320
As if we had not had enough peanut butter hot chocolate at home, we got the frozen peanut butter hot chocolate. It did not disappoint!
IMG_3305
To end the night we walked through the Linq. One of the “new” hotels.
P1000517

Day 3: We went to the Neon Light Boneyard.
Image 12-29-14 at 10.12 PM
It was super cool to see some of the old signs!!
Dan had never been to downtown (aka: Old Las Vegas). Las Vegas is trying to restore downtown so people will come and visit. They started with the Fremont Street Experience a long time ago but they have put in lots of new bars and restaurants. Container Park is a new addition. It is lots of pop-up shops in one place.
Image 12-30-14 at 9.54 PM
We headed to Fremont Street, Binions, and Pizza Rock!!
Image 12-31-14 at 6.37 PM

Super fun way to end our trip! Those were some of my highlights from the holidays!

What are some of your highlights??

10 Responses to “Home For The Holidays!”

1. Single-Tracked Mind December 31, 2014 at 8:44 PM #

It looks like you made the best out of youe time at Vegas! Dessert and shows are a great way to spend time there. My highlight was watching The Interview and drinking wine on Christmas. ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy holidays!

2. Kecia January 1, 2015 at 6:01 AM #

I’m glad you’ve had a great holiday season!! Here’s to a FANTABULOUS 2015!! Happy New Year ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. erin January 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM #

Old Vegas looks super fun! Love the neon boneyardโ€ฆ vintage signs are so cool! Glad you had a lovely holiday ๐Ÿ™‚ Happiest 2015!

4. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life January 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM #

Sounds like a fun visit to Vegas! I have been once and would like to go again. Happy new year and best wishes for an awesome 2015!

5. Luv What You Do January 1, 2015 at 4:24 PM #

Looks like a fun trip! You have definitely being doing some baking. All of those treats look awesome. What a fun new brownie pan!

6. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com January 2, 2015 at 7:11 AM #

Holy Crap- That pb hot cocoa.You made my year already, haha. I SO wish I could try all your treats! If we ever end up doing a Ragnar together again, you’re on fuel duty! Glad you had a fun Vegas trip and enjoyed some time with the fan and man!

7. Amie January 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM #

After reading about your trip to Las Vagas, I’m ready to go visit! I’ve always just thought of the casino scene there – but you showed off some really neat alternative attractions!

Also… I now MUST make peanut butter hot chocolate!

8. Kristen January 3, 2015 at 12:05 PM #

You need a reservation for a dessert place? Whoa! I hope it was extra super yummy. You are like the dessert queen โ€“ what is your absolutely favorite dessert?

Vegas is definitely a different experience in the winter, compared to the summer. Looks like you guys had a really fun time. Where did you stay?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 3, 2015 at 10:30 PM #

OHHH favorite dessert. Probably ice cream. I go in waves. But ice cream was definitely my dessert of choice for 2014. I love cookies too!
      I grew up in Vegas so we stayed with my family!! ๐Ÿ™‚