2014…Totals…PRs…Favorites!

4 Jan

I had a pretty great 2014 in my athletic endeavors! Here is how it shook out!

TOTALS!!
I swam 280,075 yards. (just over 80,000 yards more than last year)
I biked 3,863 miles. road and commuting miles (about a 1000 more than last year)
I ran 1,058 miles. Including 3 marathon, 2 1/2 marathons, 2 15K, 1 10K. (this is only 6 more miles than last year)
I did 2 running relays.
I did 3 triathlons. Including 1 Ironman and 2 Olympic races.
I did 97 sessions of strength and core.
I made countless new and old treat recipes.

PRs!!
I had a 2 minute PR at the 10K distance.
I had a 5 minute PR at the NYC marathon.
I had a 31 minute PR at Pac Crest olympic. (not an overall olympic PR)

FAVORITES!!
My favorite triathlon: Ironman Canada. I loved almost every minute of it. I had such a great race. I thought I was going to retire from 140.6 mile races but I have my eyes on another in 2016.

My favorite bike ride: Mt. St. Helens ride. Our last big ride before IM. I had gotten new tires and a tune up. My bike felt great. I really went into it positive and kept mentally tough.
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 9.22.54 PM

My favorite run: My only 20 miler before NYC. I started early in the morning. I started slow and finished really strong. I was ready!!

My favorite dessert: The ice cream sandwiches I made. chocolate chip cookies with coffee ice cream. They were delicious. I made them twice!!
IMG_2973

My favorite day: The day after Ironman. We had both finished and with smiles on our faces! We got to explore Whistler and relax. We went to the spa and Ate some really good food!!
P1000159

Do you compare your totals from one year to the next? or even write them down? πŸ™‚

26 Responses to “2014…Totals…PRs…Favorites!”

1. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life January 5, 2015 at 7:47 AM #

Leslie – SOLID Year! Good for you! Looking back at such a great year is a super way to get motivated for the new year. I recall you mentioning RNR Arizona 1/2 marathon in January…is that still your first thing to tackle in 2015? I am still in the planning stages for my 2015 race calendar but am ready to get it firmed up so I have so events on the schedule!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM #

Yes!! RNR AZ is up first. It won’t be as good as I wanted it to be but it will be fun regardless!! πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to see what you decide to do next year!!

2. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete January 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM #

What an amazing year you had Leslie!! That cookie sandwich, that ride up Mt. St. Helen’s, Ironman Canada… amazing!

3. FitnessFatale January 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM #

What a great year! I’m impressed with those numbers! Looking forward to a great 2015!

4. Heather January 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM #

That’s a great freakin year! SO impressive. I forgot about those cookies until now. I think my fave thing you made was the crack pie and my fav run of yours was definitely Ragnar Key West πŸ˜‰ Here’s to more PR’s and bests in 2015!

5. Jesica @rUnladylike January 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM #

Big congrats to you on an INCREDIBLE year! You accomplished some pretty amazing things! Wishing you an awesome 2015! Hope to see you this year πŸ™‚ xo

6. The Padre January 5, 2015 at 12:33 PM #

My favorite aspect from this post was that you were able to enjoy the journey in Canada w/someone you truly love. Have a wonderful 2015!!! Cheers

7. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust January 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM #

I am SO glad to hear that IM Canada was the ultimate experience for you. I honestly did not want to do such a tough course, but you and a few others spoke so highly of it, I couldn’t pass it up. I am definitely going to pick your brain at some point. I know you did a lot of climbing to train for it – Mt. St. Helen’s may be something I should look into too! Way to work hard and kill it this year!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2015 at 8:47 PM #

You are going to love IM Canada!! I would be happy to answer any questions you have!! You should definitely do the Mt. St. Helens ride! Super fun!!

8. Single-Tracked Mind January 5, 2015 at 4:30 PM #

Um that dessert…amazing! And the day after a big race is always fantastic!

9. Kecia January 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM #

You had an outstanding year!! I am looking forward to following your 2015 journey and can’t wait to hear more about this 140.6 distance race you are looking at doing in 2016 πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM #

I really want to do Beach to Battleship!! πŸ™‚ I think you should think about it! πŸ˜‰

• Kecia January 6, 2015 at 2:43 AM #

I’ve heard that is a good one…I’ll think about it. πŸ˜‰

• Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life January 6, 2015 at 6:19 AM #

B2B is 2 hours from me. I have done the half and know several people that have done the full. I would be glad to try to get you any information you may need to help with your decision…when the time comes! I will say that Wilmington is an AWESOME city (I went to college there) and that half is a fantastic race. The full is much smaller than the half (participant wise) and as a result will differ greatly from your WTC events. We spectated a friend racing the full this year and the only “negative” I can say (and again I have not RACED the full), is that during the run, it seems to be lonely as there are fewer people on the streets sharing your endeavor as what you would probably experience in a WTC event. Just thought I would share some insight…!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 8, 2015 at 7:29 PM #

Awesome!! Thanks Lee!!! If and when I start deciding on an Ironman in 2016..gulp…I will totally pick your brain. I definitely figured the run would be lonely because the race is just not as big as the WTC races!

10. bayrunnerjamie January 7, 2015 at 1:53 AM #

It’s so crazy when you see all the numbers added up!! Impressive and productive year!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM #

It is so crazy!! I saw a runner with a tally of 300 miles and i thought OMG how did I run over 1000 miles!! πŸ™‚

11. Kristin (@SweatCourage) January 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM #

What an amazing year you had Leslie!!! I love how you have all of your totals… I have NO clue what mine are form 2014, ha. Is that from training peaks? or do you keep your own spreadsheet? Would love to keep a tally this year! I think you should do an Ironman in 2016, just saying:)

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM #

Oh thanks Kristin!! I have a spreadsheet that I keep a tally on. You probably could get it from TP too though!!??

12. erin January 9, 2015 at 8:01 AM #

Stellar year, Leslie! What is it about IM Canada?! I loved every single minute of it, too πŸ™‚ That ice cream sandwich… is it bad that it’s only 10a and I want one for my second breakfast? πŸ˜‰ Cheers to an awesome 2015!

13. Luv What You Do January 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM #

What an amazing year! Loved the recap and congrats on all those impressive miles!