Last of the 2014 recaps + 2015 goals

8 Jan

I have literally not looked at these goals since the beginning of the year. I need to be better about looking at them more often. Maybe evaluating every quarter?! It was kind of fun to look back at them!! This is the last post from 2014 and I am moving on!!

Active!
1-Train SMART for Ironman Canada. DONE!
2-Do the best that I can at IMC this year. I would LOVE to PR but is that realistic? I guess we will find out on July 27th. DONE! Not a PR but a very solid race. Happy with my performance.
3-PR fall marathonโ€“that just happens to be NYC this year. DONE!
4-I would love to PR the half-marathon (this may be my least realistic) FAIL! I really didn’t have time to focus on a half marathon!
5-Starting to incorporate strength/core into my weekly routine. DONE!

Life!
1-Continue to be an awesome girlfriend. ๐Ÿ™‚ (I guess you will have to ask Dan if I am keeping my promise on that one)! DONE! I THINK!! ๐Ÿ™‚
2-Finding a new job/career. Somewhere I can go and not be miserable! FAIL! I have looked around a little but need to do a better job.

Eating!
1-Watch the treats. I mean really watch the treats! No challenge! No crazy hiatus! I just need to get a grip and get a handle on my โ€œaddictionโ€! FAIL. I go in spurts. I try to moderate but usually does not work!
2-Meal planning. I have always been pretty good about this but now it needs to be extra good because a) I am training for an Ironman b) Dan is also training for an IM! c) I am not just cooking and planning for myself! DONE! We are pretty good about meal-planning and grocery shopping on the weekend.
3-Try cooking some new meals. We just got Feed Zone Portables cookbook and CANโ€™T WAIT to use it! DONE! But we have gotten sick of those!

Overall really good year. Watching the treats is always something I am going to have to work on…year after year!

2015 Goals!!!

Active
1-PR half marathon
2-PR half ironman
3-Learn how to use my power meter more effectively!
4-Work on strengthening my glutes and prevent injuries.

Life
1-Continue the meal planning. We are typically good about this. Making a list on Sunday and executing during the week! but sometimes it is a rough draft.
2-Cooking different meals. We tend to cook the same stuff week after week. This was published today and excited to try some of these recipes: Buzzfeed: easy veggie dinners

Re-evaluate these goals June 30th for the 2nd part of the year!

What are some of your goals for 2015??

18 Responses to “Last of the 2014 recaps + 2015 goals”

1. Lee@tri*inspired*life January 9, 2015 at 6:29 AM #

Leslie…it’s too bad we don’t live closer together so we could train together…your goal #1,2 & 4 for 2015 are very similar to mine!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Actually I have been working on strengthening my glute for a number of weeks now since I have been going to a PT. Have seen some progress but working toward even more!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 9, 2015 at 2:59 PM #

Dang Lee!! I wish we lived closer too!! It is interesting how runners/triathletes have weak glutes…you would think they would work better. I guess we just have to “learn” how to use them better!! I am glad you are seeing some progress!!!

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com January 9, 2015 at 7:27 AM #

Nice job at hitting most of your goals! I think I’ll always have trouble reigning in my sweets consumption. I should add changing up my meals more, I do tend to get stuck in a rut. I’ve been seeing recipes for chick pea curries all over the place, so I guess that’s a good start!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 9, 2015 at 2:56 PM #

Funny I have seen a bunch of chick pea curry recipes every where too! I think chick peas are going to become a power food!?!?

3. Healthy Strides January 9, 2015 at 10:36 AM #

You did a great job in 2014! And, the sweets are tricky. Blame them. I always say I want to be consistent but I go in spurts, too.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM #

Thanks Kim!! Sweets are tricky! It is so much easier when I am not eating them but my sweet tooth is way worse when I start eating them! Lose lose situation!!

4. erin January 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM #

I’m with ya on finding a new gig. I’ve looked, but it’s tough because I don’t really know what I want to do, only what I don’t want to do (which is anything similar to what I’m currently doing). Gah! Great job hitting your 2014 goals, and awesome goals this year! Power meter FTW! One of my favorite pieces of tri gear ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Kecia January 10, 2015 at 10:56 AM #

I am putting a resume in for a career change, but we’ll see what happens with it…

I also need to learn more about power and how to effectively use it in training and racing. That may be my number one goal for the coming months so I can get stronger and faster on the bike.

Excellent job on achieving your 2014 goals lady ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM #

Yes! Getting stronger on the bike will help make you run stronger in Boulder! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Career change huh??!! Can’t wait to hear more!!!

• Kecia January 12, 2015 at 2:20 AM #

I’m definirely putting some work in on the bike. It feels painful right now, but I hope it helps make me faster in the long run. ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Kristen @ Glitter and Dust January 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM #

I would say that you did a pretty good job crushing your 2014 goals! I always say, if Iโ€™m nailing every goal I set by the end of the year, then I am not setting my goals high enough. My big goal this year is to follow in your footsteps and cross the finish line at Ironman Canada. Which half Ironmans are you considering?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 11, 2015 at 9:37 PM #

Thanks!!! You are going to kill IMC!! So excited for you!!
      As of now I am doing Victoria and probably Black Diamond. Super excited!!!

7. Kim Fox @ Swimmykimy January 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM #

Wow you crushed those goals! Just found your blog and it’s my first time here ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m excited to follow your training this year! Also, small world and (I am a total stalker) in AZ this weekend! Visiting my brother in Scottsdale! Have a great trip and I am curious to hear if you have any suggestions, it’s my first time here!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM #

Hey Kim!! Thanks for visiting!! Are you running the race too or just visiting!! It is gorgeous here and trying to soak in as much sunshine as possible!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Kim January 17, 2015 at 6:24 AM #

I’m actually not here for the race, though I wish I had thought of researching race calendars before I booked the flights! My mother and I are visiting my brother, isn’t the sunshine amazing?! Such a treat. Good luck in the race!

8. Kristin (@SweatCourage) January 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM #

First of all, congrats on a stellar 2014!!! Gosh there is something about the glutes that is such a huge problem for runners and triathletes! I also have a goal of strengthening my glutes (and hip muscles) for 2015. I really feel like they are the root of all evil injuries… so frustrating! I am finding band exercises and pilates are working really well:) I’m also hoping to learn how to use a Power Meter this year (well I have to buy one first!).

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats January 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM #

Thanks!!! The glutes and hips are definitely evil!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you can find a cheap power meter. They are a good tool but hard to get used to!! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Luv What You Do January 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM #

OMG! I need to get going on my goals. At this rate, it will be June before I have anything written : )