Hump Day Happenings!!

18 Mar

First off, who has seen these commercials:

They are so funny!! I don’t even like watching commercials! But these are good!!

I had a great ride this morning. I was the only lady riding!! We are knee deep into our build. We are working endurance right now. That may be harder than doing speed/climbing intervals. We have long sets and instead of getting a rest—> we just keep it going! #whatdoesntkillyouonlymakesyoustronger

I came home and instead of taking a nap…I had things to do! I make pancakes just about every Wednesday morning after class. It has become, if we get up and go to class, we can have pancakes for breakfast!!

Wheat pancakes and veggie sausage

Wheat pancakes and veggie sausage

We are going to dinner at some friends house tonight so I decided to go healthy and unhealthy!!
I made a kale salad:
IMG_3822

I made these peanut butter candy bars:
Image 3-18-15 at 3.10 PM
AMAZZZZZIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!! I CHEATED AND HAD three one!

I had a great swim too!
Good for 2900 yards!
Warm-up: 300 swim; 6×50 (25 drill/25 swim)
Main set: 3x (2100)
300-Moderate pull + paddles :20 Rest
3×100- (on 1:55; 1:50; 1:45 by each set)
100–Kick :30 Rest (before starting the next set)
Cool-down: 200

I have been getting my work-outs from old Triathlete magazines or Sara McLarty had a blog of Master’s work outs. They are great. If you ever need a work out or ideas! She has 3 tiers of work-outs for each day! It is a great resource!

Another cap bites the dust! At least it was at the end of my work out!
IMG_3820

I am still looking for jobs! It is an endless job on its own! One day I will work again! πŸ˜‰

How was your hump day?

20 Responses to “Hump Day Happenings!!”

1. Sherrie March 18, 2015 at 4:39 PM #

I want the link to the add

2. Sherrie March 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM #

Oh they just showed up

3. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life March 19, 2015 at 6:07 AM #

FIRST…I checked out the recipe for those PB Candy Bars…OMG! Those look so amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing your swim workout resource. It is always nice to try to mix it up…any way to add variety is a good thing!

My Wednesday was pretty good. Started the day on the bike trainer (no pancakes though:() and I swam 2800 after work. I was wiped after my swim, but that can be a good feeling though! I could not get to eat dinner soon enough!

Hang in there with the job search. I know how unpleasant the process can be, but you will find something great soon!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM #

They are totally amazing!!! Super easy recipe too!!! πŸ™‚
      Those swims are usually 3400-3600 so I cut them down a bit! Since we are not training for an IM I think that 2500-2800 is sufficient enough!!!
      I know that I will get a job….hopefully the perfect one!!! πŸ™‚

4. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com March 19, 2015 at 6:24 AM #

I love those commercials, too! I like your workout=pancakes… totally something I’d do. Give me all those cookie bars! Nom Nom! You deserved three after a great swim πŸ˜‰ Plus, you had kale salad, that negates one of the bars, haha

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM #

You would die those cookie bars are amazing!!! The kale salad is really good too though! πŸ™‚

5. erin March 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM #

Riding with the boys… that’s how I learned to bike! They made me a stronger rider! That kale salad looks delish! And, the bars… OMG. That pan would last about five seconds in our house πŸ˜‰ Keep at the job hunt… something will turn up!

6. Single-Tracked Mind March 19, 2015 at 4:16 PM #

Your food looks amazing!!! I am crossing my fingers for you in the job hunt!

7. FitnessFatale March 19, 2015 at 8:58 PM #

those PB candy bars look amazing!!!

8. Kristin @ SweatCourage March 20, 2015 at 6:21 AM #

That salad looks so good #kaleobsessed πŸ™‚ I love Sara McLarty’s workouts, I’ve done some of them before and they are great when I’m looking for a workout last minute! I hope to ride with the boys this summer, maybe that is the ticket to getting faster?! πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM #

Yes! I know you solo train a lot but riding with boys will help! Definitely will make you much stronger on the bike! πŸ™‚

9. Kecia March 20, 2015 at 6:23 AM #

That kale salad looks AMAZING!! I ride with the boys, but I think they often hold back and ride with me, which doesn’t push me as much as I would like. Keep at the job hunt…the “right” job is out there for you!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM #

You tell them to ride hard and try and keep up!! It made me a better/stronger rider a few years ago! Now of course I ride with really strong women! So either way! It works!!! πŸ˜‰

• Kecia March 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM #

That’s what I need for sure!!

10. bayrunnerjamie March 21, 2015 at 2:50 PM #

Nowadays I mostly stream movies or TV shows on Netflix so I rarely see any commercials anymore, but those 2 are pretty hilarious. You are such a master chef and inspire me to be more creative with my meals!! Keep up the great training!! πŸ™‚

11. Change of Pace March 21, 2015 at 5:49 PM #

Those bars!!! I have never been hungrier in my life than I am from breastfeeding!
    Yay for riding with the guys, and great swims! I bet you’ll do amazing in victoria.
    Good luck with the job search. Ar you looking outside of Portland, too, like somewhere else to move?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats March 21, 2015 at 7:54 PM #

I have heard breastfeeding burns a lot of calories which seems so funny!
      No. Dan just got into an MBA program here so we are going to stay for a few more years! So I am just looking in Portland!