“Training” has begun!

26 Mar

I feel like I have waited all year to start “training!” Don’t get me wrong I have been training but I finally put together a 12 week build for Victoria 70.3. I incorporated my RNR Portland plan inside the Victoria plan.
Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 10.30.05 PM

Since I am not using a coach this year, because this is my “fun” year, I developed a 12 week plan to Victoria.
IMG_3835
I spent all Sunday afternoon working on this. I figured I would get a job as soon as I finished the plan. I know I know I should just input it into Training peaks so I can see the green boxes but I like to do things old school and cross them out as they are completed! πŸ™‚

I have a few different plans from some Triathlete magazine articles that I went off of! I have done this long enough I how what I “should” be doing and what I “shouldn’t” be doing!! πŸ™‚
IMG_3862

I decided to stop running for about 3 weeks. Good timing with training starting right?! My foot has been good but I wanted to rest my IT Band and hope for the best!! I consulted with Taylor who had some problems with her ITB. I have been stretching and strengthening my glutes and hips! I got a massage today and she did a number on my ITB. Holy shit! I mean my massages regularly hurt but she really got in there!!

Other than that my biking has been good. Swimming has been great. I did another swimming TT test on Tuesday and nailed my 200s today!

I also got a job yesterday. (I jinxed myself) I don’t think that my plan will change much but I will be biking much further than I did to my last job. Not sure how that will affect my training! I will most likely be more hungry and tired!

The weather was awesome today! Tiffany and I went for a walk around the Laurelhurst neighborhood. Not in the training plan(wink-wink) but it was a fun to get outside other than to bike and run!!
IMG_3857

Laurelhurst Park

Laurelhurst Park

Last but not least Nuun has finally got sweat bands. One of my favorite running accessories. You can get one too!! For a few more days you can go shop at Nuun and with every order until 3/30 you can get a wristband! Holla!! #nuunlove
Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 7.43.55 PM

How is your training going?

22 Responses to ““Training” has begun!”

1. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life March 27, 2015 at 6:38 AM #

First of all…congrats on getting a new job! I hope it will be great and I know you must be excited about something new!

We are so similar in out approach to training. Between my husband and myself, we crafted my Raleigh 70.3 training plan. I have alot of faith in him because he has written all my training plans until I signed up for IM. We both thought it would be a good idea to go with someone else’s plan for that race, which did end up being a good choice. However, the plans he has written for me have always gotten me very prepared for the race I was doing. I also did not put it in Training Peaks…I am using Excel:)

I have not gotten a massage in forever. This is my recovery week and typically I schedule one. I love them and don’t know why I haven’t! It is good you got a good one before you ramped things back up.

Good luck with the new plan! I am certain it will be great!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM #

I think it is easier to write a schedule for a 70.3 opposed to a 140.6!! I am not sure what I will do if I do another IM!! (wink-wink) But now with this new job I am not sure if I will want to do another IM!! πŸ™‚
      Get a massage!!!

2. Amie March 27, 2015 at 7:41 AM #

Whoo training! I bet your plan will work great! And congrats on the new job – I hope you love it!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM #

Yeah!!!! It will be good enough! πŸ™‚
      Thanks! It is good so far! It is definitely a great company to work for!!

3. Steena March 27, 2015 at 11:28 AM #

Yay!! Happy training! Always fun to start getting into the meat of the training.

4. Kecia March 27, 2015 at 12:10 PM #

I too am “old school” and love to track my progress on paper…don’t get me wrong, I also put it in TrainingPeaks, but handwritten notes are always my go to πŸ™‚ As you know, I too get regular massages and while they often hurt, they are a necessity…#nopainnogain πŸ™‚ Congrats on the new job!! Details???

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 1:03 PM #

Yes!! paper all the way with the schedule and my log!! πŸ™‚ I am working on a post about my new job. (I am a dental customer service rep) but what is really going to be funny is talking about what I have to wear for my new job!! πŸ™‚

5. Single-Tracked Mind March 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM #

Awesome training plan! I love putting things on paper; I still keep a planner with my to do lists!!! Glad to hear your pain is subsiding and congrats on the new job! Thanks for the mention. πŸ˜€

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 1:01 PM #

I like the lists because I can see everything all at once!! πŸ™‚ I have 3 places. A hand written schedule and log. and then it is usually in Training Peaks as well!! It is annoying but how am I supposed to change my ways!! πŸ™‚

6. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com March 28, 2015 at 3:20 PM #

I’m am an old schooler all the way! I LOVE writing things on paper. Good for you for taking the time to put together a stellar plan. Excited to hear about your new j.o.b. Still crushing on those sweatbands!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 12:58 PM #

I got my sweatband! it is super cute!!! πŸ™‚
      I am going to do a post on my new job or really what I have to wear to my new job!! Ha!!

7. Brittany March 28, 2015 at 4:31 PM #

WAHOOO let the training begin!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 12:58 PM #

Thanks!! I feel like I haven’t been training for so long! In reality I am training all the time. I just have a schedule to go off of now!! πŸ™‚

8. Change of Pace March 29, 2015 at 7:43 AM #

Hope the time off running helps your itb and foot! I love reading about people’s training, so I can’t wait to see what your weeks look like! (I also like to check things off with a pen on paper!)
    And huge congratulations on the new job!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 12:57 PM #

I am hoping that the time off helped too!! I am going to try a short run this weekend! Excited for that!! πŸ™‚

9. Kristen March 31, 2015 at 7:58 AM #

First, congratulations on your new job. Hope the environment fits you well and that you are happier than your were at your previous job. Will you still have some flexibility to train?

Cheers to the β€œofficial start” of Victoria 70.3 training. I wish I were saying the same thing, but I am glad that I can live vicariously through you. ☺ How about this weather we’ve been having, eh? It looks like it is going to be changing in the next week, but hopefully April will bring some nice temperatures and sunshine.

Good luck out there – that’s pretty awesome that you created your own schedule. Now get to work!!! πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 12:55 PM #

Thanks!!! I will still be able to train but it will be early in the morning and after work!! It will be just getting into a routine again!!
      I am excited for Victoria!! I wish you were going to be there too!! But you have other adventures ahead of you!! πŸ™‚

10. Kristen L March 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM #

Congrats on the new job! Excited to hear that you found something new. Hopefully it is a good fit for you!

Good luck with your 70.3 training. I’m sure you’ll rock it. And enjoy the fun of a hard workout, while still getting home for lunch. πŸ™‚

Glad the foot/knee has been feeling a bit better. ITB issues can be super lame, but some good massage definitely has helped me before. Not just of the ITB, but the lower leg and ankle too. Glad you are doing well!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 1, 2015 at 12:54 PM #

Great to hear from you Kristen!!! Thanks for the congrats and good luck!!! Hope all is well with you guys!!!

11. Luv What You Do April 6, 2015 at 4:47 PM #

Hooray for training!
    I love when it ‘begins’ and making my calendar!
    Best of luck!