Victoria Training Week 1 and 2

5 Apr

Well the first 2 weeks of “real training” didn’t go as well as I would have liked but they went!! I didn’t run that was part of it. I have been working my clamshells, leg lifts, and glute/hip strengthening exercises like a boss!

Week 1–>Totals
Swim: 4300 yards
Bike: 101.5 miles
Run: 0
Strength/core: 3 sessions

Swimming went great. I did a 1000 yard TT. It felt relatively good. I also did a work out with 8x200s. Nailed those! I didn’t do my 3rd swim because I worked for Nuun on Saturday.
IMG_3891

Biking was great too! I had a couple of hilly rides. One in the rain and one by myself.

Week 2–>Totals
Swim: 7700 yards
Bike: 129 miles
Run: 3.5 miles
Strength/core: 2 sessions

Swimming went really good this week!! I worked on 100s/pulling + paddles. I did 300s and did better than I thought I would. My last work-out was fast/easy 200s/150s/100s/50 with lots of kicking in between.

Biking was good. As you all know I biked 60 miles to/from work. Dan and I went for a ride together. All my training partners were out of town or were running. Dan wasn’t excited to go but he put on a happy face!
IMG_3895

I did a brick on Saturday of 31 miles riding and my FIRST run in 3 weeks. I did 3.5 miles and it was glorious! I wore a short-sleeve! #sunsoutgunsout I think the exercises are working! πŸ™‚ I am going to do a few short runs this week and see how it goes!

I did a bunch of core this week but no strength. That is what I am going to work on this week! Getting it all in!
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 9.21.22 PM

It is funny how I have been waiting for Victoria training to start all year. Now it is April and only 10 weeks until race day. How did that happen?!

How was your week of training?

9 Responses to “Victoria Training Week 1 and 2”

1. Kecia April 6, 2015 at 5:52 AM #

I always think of this photo when I do plank as well πŸ˜‰ I’m so glad your run went well and can’t wait to see how the shorter runs go this week. Ease back in slowly πŸ˜‰ I can’t believe where the time has gone…10 weeks is almost single digits!! Way to rock your training!! Keep inspiring πŸ™‚

2. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life April 6, 2015 at 8:06 AM #

Any time you can use the word “glorious” to describe a run, you are doing great! Good for you. I hope they continue to be glorious! Your biking and swimming are going well too, so it sounds like you are in a good place!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 7, 2015 at 12:58 PM #

I think that I am in a good place with training! I am hoping the runs stay “glorious”!! πŸ™‚

3. Single-Tracked Mind April 6, 2015 at 3:25 PM #

Nice start to your training! How does your knee/IT band feel?? I hope those PT exercises help you! I would love to drink all of that Nuun in front of you in that photo!!! πŸ˜€

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM #

My knee/IT band has been good. I ran again last night and it felt normal. I am going to keep it easy and do my exercises!! Hoping for the best!!

4. Luv What You Do April 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM #

I have been getting back into the 5 day a week training too : ) But I still need to get into the water!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM #

Yay for training!!! Get in the pool! I think that most people start training way before they get in the water!! πŸ˜‰

5. Kristen L April 8, 2015 at 9:18 AM #

So glad your knee is feeling good! Hope that continues! Looking at you swim workouts reminds me that I havn’t been to the pool in way way to long. Eventually I’ll get back to that. πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 8, 2015 at 12:49 PM #

I think that is a good activity once you are deep into your pregnancy! When things just aren’t comfortable any more!!??!!