36 is the NEW 26?

11 Apr

Well I am another year older as of the 7th! I am just not sure when I got old. I know 36 is not old but with age there is more need to sleep. More need to recover. More need to watch what you eat! I am going to embrace my 36th year of living and not think about the number!!

For my birthday Dan bought me some Wicked Good Cupcakes. Straight from Boston!!
IMG_3916
IMG_3919
They were awesome!!! Don’t worry it took us a few days to get through them!

I had a great day at work. Dan and I met some friends out for dinner that night!

My cupcake headband I wear every year!!

My cupcake headband I wear every year!!

Dinner at Montage! They make your leftovers into different shapes and animals in foil. Mike got a sword! The rest of us ate our whole meal! πŸ˜‰
11130200_10206701475800637_7880002345265419943_n

I wrote a 35 for 35 bucket list last year for my birthday! Today I want to go through the items I have checked off so far!! Woot Woot!!

#1: Wow as of 2 Mondays ago. I started a new career. Bam checked that off. That was easy!
Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 10.37.35 AM

#3: More recently than the career change is I bought a new tri bike. I am planning on a post but here is a sneak peak at the beauty!
IMG_4254

#9: New York Marathon! ICYMI: The recap What an amazing day! Now if I can get in again some day!

What a race!!

What a race!!

#16: Now this one is not totally complete but I have a one mark on it. 5 more passport stamps before my passport expires in 2017! I went to Costa Rica!!
IMG_5175
4 more stamps to go!

#24: I learned to “can” and can’t wait until this summer to make more salsa!!
I was super sad when we ate our last jar of salsa. We do still have a jar of pickles left! πŸ™‚

#26: Learn to stand up paddle board. Dan and I took a lesson. I went a few other times but really want to get into it this summer!

#32: Kayak with orcas in the San Juan Islands. We unknowingly did!! It was amazing! We had already seen the orcas the day before on a whale watching trip. So when we started our kayaking adventure we had no expectations that we would see them again!!
P1000276

P1000245

The new plan is to finish this bucket list before my 40th birthday so I can do a new bucket list April 2019!!

Have you marked anything off your bucket list lately? Or in the last year??

30 Responses to “36 is the NEW 26?”

1. Change of Pace April 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM #

Awe- happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great day, and those cupcakes!!!!
    You did awesome with your bucket list this year! I suppose I checked having a baby off mine?!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM #

Thanks!! The cupcakes were delicious!! Well having a baby is a huge mark off the list!! πŸ™‚

2. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com April 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM #

Happy Birthday My Lady! Those cupcakes look so cool! Glad you had self control to not eat them all at once πŸ˜‰ Spiffy bike you’ve got there! Loving all the checks off your bucket list and your cupcake headband is pretty neat!

3. Brittany April 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM #

A very happy birthday to you! Yay Aries πŸ™‚ Love your bucket list and your enthusiasm for life as always!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 12, 2015 at 8:05 AM #

Thanks Brittany!! When is your birthday?? Aries for life!!! πŸ™‚

• Brittany April 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM #

April 18 – next weekend πŸ™‚ Headed to AZ to celebrate with some hiking!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM #

Awesome! Happy early birthday!!! Have fun in AZ! Jealous!!

4. Kristen April 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM #

Happy Happy Birthday, Leslie. I have never heard of cupcakes in a jar that can be sent through the mail. How did you find out about these. Great job checking a number of things off your bucket list. A lot of my big bucket list items are going to be put on hold this year (cough, Ironman, cough), but I guess now I am making changes to the list in general. πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 12, 2015 at 8:04 AM #

Thanks Kristen!!! The cupcakes came from an idea on Shark Tank!!! We have been wanting to get them for a long time!!

5. Kecia April 12, 2015 at 4:49 AM #

Happy birthday Leslie! I don’t think those cupcakes would last more than a few minutes in our house these days. They look amazing! Nice work checking so many items off your bucket list! I definitely need to write one and start crossing things off it, but I’m having so much fun training and racing…I guess fun is a good trade off πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 12, 2015 at 8:01 AM #

Thanks Kecia!! I am surprised they lasted as long as they did!! But they say it is like 2 cupcakes per jar. Imagine a dozen cupcakes!! πŸ˜‰ I call it a bucket list but it is also just a fun list of things to do.

6. Steena April 12, 2015 at 5:17 AM #

Happy birthday!! Those cupcakes look amazing! And YOU look amazing!! πŸ™‚

7. Luv What You Do April 12, 2015 at 11:57 AM #

Happy Birthday!
    Those cupcakes look sO good!
    I love seeing you live up your 30’s…they really are great years!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 15, 2015 at 7:24 PM #

Thanks!!! They say your 30s are the best years!! I have had some good ones and more to come!! πŸ˜‰

8. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life April 13, 2015 at 11:45 AM #

Happy belated birthday…seems like you had fun celebrating to start to 36! I have not checked anything off my bucket list this year, but last year there were two…Ironman of course and seeing Linkin Park in concert. You checked off a bunch, so good job!!

9. Single-Tracked Mind April 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM #

Happy belated Leslie! Looks like you nabbed some tasty bday treats. πŸ™‚

10. Brittany April 13, 2015 at 6:31 PM #

WHOA those cupcakes in a jar!? How awesome is that!! Happy belated birthday! ❀

11. FitnessFatale April 14, 2015 at 9:04 PM #

Happy Birthday!!! Those cupcakes look amazing even via photograph!

Yes, New Zealand was on the bucket list – although I guess it only got added recently. I feel like my bucket list keeps growing and growing even though I do a pretty good job of crossing things off!

12. Kristen L April 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM #

Looks like you had a fabulous birthday!! I am SUPER jealous of those cupcakes. YUM! Your new tri bike is beautiful! A tri bike is on my to-purchase list, but it probably won’t happen until next year. You’ll have to let me know what you think of yours!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 17, 2015 at 8:33 AM #

The cupcakes were amazing!!! πŸ™‚
      Getting used to a tri bike is NO joke!!! It is fun and hard at the same time!! πŸ˜‰

13. Jesica @rUnladylike April 17, 2015 at 4:21 AM #

Happy happy belated birthday! What an awesome year you had with so many accomplishments and memories. I hope 36 is amazing! Congrats on the new job too!!!! xo

14. erin April 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM #

You are right… 36 IS the new 26! I’ll join you in December πŸ™‚ Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Leslie! Was that pretty new bike a birthday gift?! Totally gonna steal your list idea, too. I have a list, but need to write one of things to focus on between now and 40 (holy sh!t… I can’t believe I’m closer to 40 now than 30!)!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM #

Thanks Erin!! It was not a birthday gift. It just happen to fall that way!!! πŸ˜‰ You should totally write a list!! OMG we are closer to 40 than 30!! We are going to have to make the best of it!!! πŸ˜‰