Victoria Training Week 4

22 Apr

This week went well. I would have liked to have gotten in a longer ride on one end but life will go on. It is hard to believe this was week 4. Didn’t the season just start?! πŸ™‚

Sunday: 37 mile ride/3.1 mile run BRICK

We did a hilly ride and a flat run. The weather was great!

Bike fit! My old fitter “retired” so he recommended me to a new gal in town. Anna was great. She did some assessments and asked about my habits. I told her that I have been stretching and strengthen my glutes and hips. She says everything is looking good. She gave me 2 other stretches to do. She gave me a new saddle to try out. Excited to try out the new ride! (I rode 8 miles while at the fit.) WTF?!

Monday: 1st ride on my new ride!! It was on the trainer. I still have a real trainer tire on it. I need to put my other wheels on it with my power tap!
IMG_4273

Garth Brooks concert:
IMG_4275
IMG_4280
I am in ZERO way a country fan. I actually loath it. BUT Dan wanted to go and I had a friend with 2 extra tickets. I gave him the tickets for his birthday! Garth puts on an amazing show!

Tuesday: am: 1800 yard swim. I was exhausted from the night before. I pressed the snooze button twice and ran out of time swimming. Warmed up. I did some pulling and 100s. It was good enough!!

pm: 4.1 mile run. Easy. Again I was exhausted!! I was miserable but I pushed through and finished!

15 mile bike commute

Wednesday: am: 21 mile bike ride at C-Velo. We did 64 sprints. Holy shit!! They were all 5, 10, 15 second sprints. The first set had long rests, second set had shorter rests, and the third set had very little rest. It was so hard but awesome!

pm: strength, core, and glutes

9 mile bike commute

Thursday: am: 2600 yard swim. This was much better than Tuesday! I warmed up and did 4×500 intervals. Again tough tough work-out and had to stay mental tough!

pm: 5 mile track work out. We did 6×800. It felt good to fun fast”ish”!! Each one was faster than the last. The weather was warm. I finally got to wear my new Nuun sweatband.
IMG_4289

15 mile bike commute

Friday: 25 mile ride/3 mile run BRICK (another trainer ride)
IMG_4288
This is what happens when you can’t put your hair in a pony tail!

Saturday: 2400 yard swim. Warmed up. 150s and 100s of pulling and swimming on different intervals! Another good swim.

Another week in the books! Has anyone seen Garth Brooks in concert?

20 Responses to “Victoria Training Week 4”

1. Steena April 23, 2015 at 7:26 AM #

Great week of training, lots of solid yards in the pool! You’re a better person than I am, because there’s no way I could have tolerated the Garth Brooks concert!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:43 PM #

I love to swim. Most of the time I have no problem going to the pool!! πŸ™‚
      I was definitely dreading going to the concert but it was fun!!

2. Kecia April 23, 2015 at 7:49 AM #

Awesome week of training!! I have not seen Garth Brooks, but I AM a HUGE country fan and am definitely looking to see one of his concerts this time around…last time he was popular, I was in high school and signing all of his songs, but never imagined he would “retire.” So excited he’s back πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM #

You should definitely see him!! The tickets are cheap for a concert too!! He puts on a great show!!

• Kecia April 24, 2015 at 5:04 AM #

Great to know!!

3. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life April 23, 2015 at 8:25 AM #

Good training week with some fun thrown in as well!

Your hair picture made me smile! You look great!!!!! My hair is longer than yours, but I am actually letting it grow longer now so it is even easier to pony tail without lots of shorter piece sticking out! It is longer than I have worn it for quite some time.

64 sprints…yikes!

What new saddle are you trying?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:36 PM #

It was super windy on a run the other day, I didn’t wear a visor because I didn’t want it to blow off, you should have seen my hair that day! Out of control!!
      It is an Adamo (breakaway) saddle. Anna said it was expensive. I thought of course it is!! πŸ˜‰

4. Kristen April 23, 2015 at 11:27 AM #

I just heard that Victoria officially sold out. I wonder if that includes my vacant spot now that I have received my pathetic partial refund.

I’m so jealous you got to go to the Garth Brooks concert. I heard he played forever. I bet it was just THE BEST!

It looks like your training is going well. Is there any one leg that you are trying to focus on more than the others?

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:17 PM #

You almost gave me a heart attack because I am not (was not) signed up for Victoria yet! But they only sold out the sprint. I promptly signed up just now!! πŸ™‚
      I am always trying to work on my run but I have been biking a ton!!

5. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com April 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM #

I love country! Haven’t been to a Garth concert but have heard they are amazing. Speaking of amazing… your workouts this week! And that hair! Holy cow, haha.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM #

You would love Garth in concert then!! For sure!!!! You know you want to have hair that out of control!!! πŸ™‚

6. bayrunnerjamie April 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM #

The new bike looks great!! It seems like you are making the training/new job situation work! I am not a country fan either, but I’ve heard good things about Garth Brooks. He is one of the few that seems to make the crossover with fans πŸ™‚ (On a side note…I saw Rascal Flatts once with a friend and it was horrid haha!)

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 23, 2015 at 8:14 PM #

Thanks!! I am definitely making it work! It has been good!!!
      Garth totally knows how to work the crowd! πŸ™‚

7. Luv What You Do April 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM #

What else happened this week? I came looking for pics and stories! Although I do love your trainer photos : )

8. Change of Pace April 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM #

Lol- I love the crazy hair trainer photo!
    Another impressive week in the books! Way to go with the running speed session!
    But I have to agree with Jen…I came looking for pictures and the story of something else big that happened recently πŸ™‚

9. Single-Tracked Mind April 24, 2015 at 1:28 PM #

LOL @ your hair. Amazing!!! I was ALSO looking for another story you may have up your sleeve. πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 25, 2015 at 9:49 AM #

My hair is always out of control!! Just a bit more on the bike!! I am totally working on the other post you were thinking of!! πŸ™‚

10. erin April 30, 2015 at 4:51 AM #

Garth Brooks was my first-ever concert (waaaay back in the ’90s!)… he’s amazing live! Love the keeping it real trainer photo! And, what’s this about another big event that happened?! πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats April 30, 2015 at 8:28 PM #

He really knows how to work the crowd! It was a fun night! My hair pretty much looks like that every time I am on the trainer! πŸ˜‰