Vegas, Kentucky Derby, & The Deathmill

3 May

Well I have just spent the last 24 hours in Vegas. We booked these tickets forever ago before the big fight was announced! We thought it was going to be a shitshow. We stayed clear of MGM! It ended up be really fun!!

In short, Friday night, we went to the Ghost Bar on the 54th floor of The Palms. We danced and had a fabulous time. We finally went to bed at 5am Saturday morning!!
IMG_0054

Saturday we headed to the Venetian sports book to bet on and watch the Kentucky Derby. The sports book was buzzing with the Derby, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, and NBA finals happening! WE watched the 90 seconds of action. 2 of the girls bet on the winner! They collected their money and we headed over to Rockhouse.
IMG_0056

Rockhouse was super fun. Beer pong, flip cup, giant sized Jenga, and Connect 4 boards. WE were there for 6 hours. YES I said 6 hours! πŸ˜‰
IMG_0061
An intense Jenga Game!!
IMG_0049
I needed to run this morning so I set me alarm to get up and run! I was going 10 miles.

Here is the temp:IMG_4449

Would I be too hot? I didn’t really have a route. I was worried about stopping at lights for long periods of time! I forgot my iPod too. I haven’t really been running with music but when I decided I should probably run on the death mill…I definitely needed music!

I grabbed my phone, borrowed some earbuds, filled my bottle with Nuun, and was out the door before I could talk myself out of this idea!! I was a little nervous. I barely ate anything yesterday. What I did eat wasn’t great!! I did drink a lot of water and only had one cookie!

I set the death mill on a much conservative pace than I probably would have run outside but I just wanted to get through it in one piece!! The food network was on the TV. I kind of watched that (Rachel Ray, Barefoot Contessa, a farm-to-table show). The beginning miles were rough but it turned into a great run! I am glad that I stuck it out. Mental toughness!!
IMG_4453

Last but not least a trip to Vegas would not be a trip without going to Luv it!!
IMG_4454
Hello! I ran 10 miles this morning!

How was your weekend? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby or the Fight?

18 Responses to “Vegas, Kentucky Derby, & The Deathmill”

1. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com May 4, 2015 at 6:27 AM #

That’s a lot of partying! I don’t think I could hang with your crowd! Sounds like a fun time though πŸ™‚ And you def earned that ice cream (?) Looks like caramel and gram crackers on top. Yummo!

2. Brittany May 4, 2015 at 7:16 AM #

I’ve never been to Vegas, but one day I shall go!! I will be all about the food and daytime adventures.

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 5, 2015 at 10:17 AM #

It is fun to go and experience it once! But there are much better places in the world!! πŸ™‚

3. Kecia May 4, 2015 at 7:29 AM #

WOW!! I definitely could not have hung with you all…I am typically up before you even went to bed πŸ˜‰ Nice work on the dreadmill run, despite the late night. You rock!! I have never been to Vegas. I hear there are some amazing things to do, but I have so many other places I’d rather go, so this one has fallen toward the bottom of the list…maybe someday πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 5, 2015 at 10:17 AM #

are you kidding me? I could barely hang!! I can’t believe that I was able to stay out so late!! We slept in until noon!! πŸ™‚
      It is not that great!! Keep it on the bottom of your list!! πŸ˜‰

• Kecia May 5, 2015 at 10:29 AM #

Good to know. It will remain at the bottom 😊

4. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life May 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM #

I have been to Vegas once and had a blast. Your trip looked like tons of fun!!! I am so very impressed that you knocked out your 10 miles while in Vegas…high five to you Leslie!!

I watched the Derby. I enjoy all the lead up that they broadcast up to the race and then of course, the race! I never thought about going to Vegas at Derby time…that is a great idea…also because is is NHL playoffs too!

5. Single-Tracked Mind May 4, 2015 at 12:02 PM #

10 miles on a treadmill is brutal!!! Good work, Leslie!

6. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete May 4, 2015 at 1:21 PM #

Sounds like a fun weekend! Treadmill is a no go for me. I just can’t quite bring myself to do it. I missed the Derby and the fight, but I did get in some cycling! It was gorgeous here this weekend!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM #

I am not sure how I lived through the deathmill because I usually can’t myself!! Glad you got in some good cycling!! πŸ™‚

7. Change of Pace May 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM #

Sounds like a fun, whirlwind of a weekend! You must be exhausted!
    And look at your arm muscles in the Jenga photo- awesome!
    I had a great weekend- pretty relaxing and at home!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 9, 2015 at 9:49 PM #

It was a whirlwind!! It was much more fun than I thought it would be!
      I am not sure that my arms really look like that or if it was just a good camera angle!! πŸ™‚

8. Kristen L May 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM #

I’m impressed you got your run in with that late night! Sounds like a blast though!! πŸ™‚ Last weekend we hung around at home mostly working on the yard and the house. Built a picnic table. We did go up to PDX for the evening on Saturday for a diabetes event, which was pretty cool! Hope you’ve had another good week!

9. Luv What You Do May 8, 2015 at 7:23 PM #

I didn’t watch either but I bet Vegas is an awesome place to watch them!