Victoria Training Weeks 6&7

11 May

Well the last 2 weeks have flown by, just as all the weeks have!!
Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 9.38.40 PM

Just a quick re-cap!

Swimming: Just chugging away as I swim yard after yard. Feeling good but not sure that I am improving much. I will probably start open water swimming week after next. I am looking forward to that!

Biking: I have had some good bike sessions!! Dan and I went for an easy ride for my first ride outside on my new bike.
IMG_4436

It was good. But my arms got real tired. real fast. I went in for a second-fit and the aerobars had moved! No wonder I was so uncomfortable. She put me on a new saddle as well. I am feeling much better since then!!

Running: More track work outs. The 10 mile death mill run. A few tempo runs and a hilly run. We finally decided to run some hills. RNR Portland is this weekend and it is not exactly flat.

Wondering how fast I really will be able to “race” Victoria. I am training and feeling pretty good overall. Just not overly confident on how well it will go. I am not throwing in the towel by any means but feeling like I need to lower my expectations a little. We will see. If we can get some cool weather with not a lot of wind I might surprise myself!! Positive attitude right! 🙂

How’s your training lately?

13 Responses to “Victoria Training Weeks 6&7”

1. Heather @ HeatherRunsFast.com May 12, 2015 at 5:01 AM #

Well my training is non-existent (wah wah- pitty party), but YOUR training seems to be going well! Don’t lose hope! You ARE going to race it and you ARE going to do great 🙂

2. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life May 12, 2015 at 7:11 AM #

No worries for you Leslie! You still have a month before your race and that leaves a couple of good weeks that you can work so you feel a bit more confident. The positive attitude will definitely help!

3. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete May 12, 2015 at 8:29 AM #

It seems like your training is going well! I’ve talked to a ton of people in the past week or so that feel like theirs is either not going well or they are tired or generally worried that they won’t be ready come race day. Don’t worry about it! Just keep going and know that you are putting in the work, and know that you WILL be ready come race day in Victoria 🙂

4. Kecia May 12, 2015 at 10:19 AM #

I too am looking forward to getting outdoors to swim…only 10 more days and the outdoor pool opens up! I sure hope it warms up a bit before then…this morning it was 36F. BRR!! You will totally be ready for Victoria!! Start the mental training now Chica 😉

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 12, 2015 at 12:43 PM #

I am so jealous of the outdoor pool!! Why is it still in the 30s! Hopefully once school gets out it will get warm!! 😉
      Yes! mental training starts now!

• Kecia May 12, 2015 at 12:46 PM #

Apparently Mother Nature thought we needed a reminder that she’s still in control. It’s in the low 60s now 😉

5. Single-Tracked Mind May 12, 2015 at 3:37 PM #

Where are you going to do open water swims? My training has been pretty on point lately – geting back into a good running routine!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats May 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM #

We have a couple of lakes “near” us that we like to go to! Glad to hear your running is going good!! 🙂

6. Brittany May 14, 2015 at 7:29 AM #

I’m not training for anything in particular right now (unless you count TRAINING FOR LIFE! haaa) but I’m doing the 100 mile May running stuff and today my quads are starting to feel it. Trying to roll them out because ain’t nobody got time for injuries or soreness.