Victoria Training week #10

3 Jun

Well this should have been my last big week before Victoria. It was less than perfect but I made it through.
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.52.01 PM
Sunday: 2000 yard swim-worked on kicking and lots of pull + paddles + 20 min core/stretch session

Monday: 23mile ride/2 mile run brick
IMG_4484

Tuesday: 2000 yard swim-lots of 100s after warm-up

15 mile bike commute

Wednesday: woke early early Wednesday morning with a stomach problem. A big stomach problem. Needless to say I did not go to work. Miserable. Unplanned day off!

Thursday: felt better. Trainer ride including 4x5min zone 4 intervals

15 mile bike commute

Friday: 11 mile run. I wasn’t sure I would be able to get through it. Dan ran with me for about 4 miles. It was rough until then (for both of us). Once we broke off from each other it went better. My average mile was decent. Hoping for a faster one but I think I was still feeling effects from Wednesday!

Saturday: 1500 yard swim-this was shorter than I wanted it to be. I FORGOT my cap. Has anyone ever swam without a cap before?? It.IS.Weird! Not to mention I had all kinds of hair stuck to my face! It went better than I thought it would be. I had a 2000M swim “race” the next day so I wasn’t super sad about it cutting it short.

10 mile commute
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.49.25 PM

#11daycountdown #1daycountdown to the 10 day forecast!! πŸ˜‰

9 Responses to “Victoria Training week #10”

1. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life June 4, 2015 at 9:58 AM #

Sorry you had to contend with a little “bump in the road” with your Wednesday sickness. Better to get it out of your system now when you still have a comfortable amount of days before race day. Getting so close now!!!

I once forgot my swim cap and I hated it! It was not an “important” session, so I just did it to check it off the list. I try to keep spares in couple of places in case it happens again!

Love the cartoon!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 8, 2015 at 8:57 PM #

Yes that is exactly how I felt about the swim. I just needed to get some yards in. It was weird but ok. I have a zillion caps I just need to put some extras in my bag!! πŸ™‚

2. Kristin (@SweatCourage) June 4, 2015 at 1:40 PM #

Hope you’re feeling better now! It’s always a drag when yucky stomach things come out of nowhere! I have forgotten a swim cap before, but I asked a Masters teammate if I could borrow on of theirs…. I have long hair and it would be disaster! My bike commute it about the same distance (13 miles) and so far it’s going well! It’s not hurting my training at all, which is good. My only complaint is, going home my ride is all uphill at a slight grade!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 8, 2015 at 8:49 PM #

Yes! Definitely feeling better! The bike commute isn’t too bad it is the logistics that go along with it! πŸ˜‰

3. Kristen L June 4, 2015 at 3:42 PM #

Sorry you didn’t feel good in the middle of this week! But seems like you got through another week of training pretty well. At least you have some more recovery time before race day!

4. Kecia June 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM #

So glad you are feeling better! Despite Wednesday’s setback, you had a solid week of training!! Way to forge through that 11 mile run πŸ˜‰ If I had forgotten my swim cap, I’m not sure that I would have swam…my hair is long, so I can pull it back, but I’m not sure that I wouldn’t be “breathing” in hair instead of air. Way to push through those yards despite the setback!! I LOVE the triathlon Cartoon!! So true and very funny!! πŸ™‚

5. Kelsey @ Happy Triathlete June 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM #

Haha I would have left the pool if I didn’t have my swim cap. Way to get it done anyways. Glad to hear you’re feeling better!! Soooo close to Victoria, woo!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM #

I almost left!! πŸ™‚ But I was like I I have to get in a swim even if it is a short one!! I am already here!!