Victoria Training Week #11

7 Jun

Another week down. Started to taper a bit! My bike was in the shop so I wanted to ride more but I also commuted every day. I just called it good! πŸ™‚

Sunday: 5 mile hilly run
IMG_4494

Hagg lake OWS 2000m race: I have done the 4000m the last couple of years so I was excited just to be doing the 2000!! It went really well. Sighting was pretty good. Dan was out doing kayak support so I saw him so that was fun! I tried to draft when I could. It was a little different course then the last time. The water temperature was perfect! Overall I felt great. Big PR.
We got medals this year.
IMG_4495

Supposed to do a 40 mile hilly bike ride. Needless to say I didn’t get out of the parking lot. My back tire was rubbing. I thought Dan fixed it the night before but it was back to the way it was. I was really sad as I watched Laura and Stephanie leave the parking lot without me! Mostly sad because it was my last big ride before Victoria!!

Monday: Spin class

15 mile bike commute

Tuesday: Swim 2500 yard swim. warm up, some builds. Main set was 3×500. I was pumped because A: I got faster on each one. B: I was faster overall then I was the last time I did this workout!!

15 mile bike commute

Wednesday: Happy Running Day!!(brick) 5.5 mile tempo run. Awesome. It was a nice night!

15 mile bike commute: rode “hard” home and ran directly afterwards.

RNR had $15 off Vancouver today so I pulled the trigger and signed up! Excited!
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.07.00 PM

Thursday: 1600 yard swim. warm up, some builds. pull/paddle work. fast 300s!

19 mile bike commute–less desirable headwind on the way home + I forgot my bathing suit so I had to go home before the gym. Which meant I was just riding outside longer 😦

Friday: 4.1 mile run. slow. hot. windy! Miserable! Blah!!

15 mile bike commute–even worse wind than Thursday (same as Wednesday got off my bike and ran after)

Saturday: Rest day!! I didn’t even want to ride my bike to dinner!
Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 9.48.22 PM

The weather is showing 60s and sunny for Victoria as of now! I am getting more excited as the days go on!
#6daycountdown

9 Responses to “Victoria Training Week #11”

1. Joann June 8, 2015 at 6:07 AM #

Looks like you’ve put in some serious training!!! You are so ready!! πŸ™‚ can’t wait to see you and catch up this week! Way to go with all that improved swimming too!! You are so fast!!! πŸ™‚ have a great week!

2. Kecia June 9, 2015 at 7:10 AM #

Congratulations on your swim PR!! You are so ready for race day!! I can’t wait to cheer you on!! Go get ’em girlfriend!! πŸ™‚

3. Single-Tracked Mind June 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM #

Great week of workouts! And it’s so awesome you could do an open water swim race! I need that practice! πŸ˜€

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM #

It is such a fun race! 3 distances! All the “swimmers” do all 3 and the “triathletes” do just one distance!! πŸ™‚

4. Kristen June 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM #

AHHHH, I can’t believe the race is this weekend!!! A little bittersweet for me, I guess. Wish I could be joining you on the course, but at least now I can track you and follow along. πŸ™‚ When are you heading up there? BTW – congrats on your swim PR. I hear the Victoria swim is great!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 11, 2015 at 2:02 PM #

I wish you were going to be out there as well!!!
      We are heading to Olympia tonight and onto Victoria tomorrow! Can’t wait!! So many people have already started to head that way!!

5. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life June 11, 2015 at 9:48 AM #

Your OWS race venue looks so pretty! Awesome job on the PR!

I have been having some bike tire rubbing problems lately as well. I had to leave mine at the shop Tuesday night after the ride. Did you get your issues worked out ok?

The weather forecast sounds great! I will keep my fingers crossed that that forecast holds true come race day!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats June 11, 2015 at 1:59 PM #

Oh yeah! I was taking my bike in to get a tune up anyway!! it is all fixed and ready for this weekend. The more and more I learned about the Cervelo…it is such a weird set up!!!
      Hopefully your bike will be good to go soon too!