The Summer of not training for anything BIG!

18 Jul

Well I am not sure how July has come and almost gone. Where does the time go!!

I had almost nothing on the schedule after Victoria. I have Hood To Coast at the end of August and RNR Vancouver 1/2 marathon. I really wanted to do another 70.3 but I didn’t really know if I wanted to keep training. This was my “fun” year after all. I also liked the idea of doing a short race. Maybe doing some speed work?!

After some thought I picked an olympic race that also had a sprint race because Dan wanted to train for a short race. So I had 6 weeks to recover and get some speed training in to “race” an olympic.

Well it was good thinking. I haven’t really trained like I wanted to. Don’t get me wrong but I have been training but I pictured it going a little bit different!!
IMG_4565

We have one more “big” training day tomorrow, we will taper this week and race next weekend! I am excited we are going to camp for the weekend. I have heard it is an awesome smallish race. Excited!

It has also been crazy wedding season. We went to 3 wedding 3 weekends in a row.
Z-69
image
We found Young & Hungry to watch on Netflix. We watched the first 2 seasons. It was awesome. It was like an old school sit-com with a laugh-track. Kind of like Three’s Company. I probably liked it more than Dan but he tolerated it!! πŸ™‚
Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 8.36.03 PM

What else do you when you don’t have to spend the entire weekend working out?!

Go to brunch!
image
Go to the farmers market!!
image
Go to the movies! Train wreck!! Funny!!
Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 8.49.52 PM
Cooking and Baking!
IMG_4561
broccolini pasta
IMG_4575
coconut chocolate chip cookies
IMG_4577
peanut butter chocolate overnight oats

If anyone is in need of NUUN use: NuunSummer15 for 20% off most items at Nuun!

What have you been up to this summer? Has anyone seen Young & Hungry?

11 Responses to “The Summer of not training for anything BIG!”

1. Kecia July 19, 2015 at 1:48 PM #

Looks like you are having a VERY FUN summer…something I am looking forward to in 2016 πŸ˜‰ 3 weddings, 3 weekends in a row…WOW!! That’s a lot of love and laughter!! I’ve been training, training and training this summer. The last week was taper and trication in Colorado. I love it here and don’t ever want to go back home!! I haven’t seen Yound & Hungry or Trainwreck…I may have some post IM watching to do πŸ˜‰

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 19, 2015 at 3:06 PM #

Yes!! It has been very different this summer in a good way!! πŸ™‚ I totally recommend Young&Hungry and Trainwreck!!! πŸ™‚ Keep up the training…race day is fastly approaching!! πŸ˜‰

2. Change of Pace July 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM #

Sounds like an awesome summer so far! Sometimes I think it’s good to take time off lots of racing to live like a ‘normal person’! (Well, more like a normal person πŸ™‚ )
    And your cooking and baking looks so tasty!
    Funny- I actually took Nuun to the hospital to hydrate during labour!

3. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life July 21, 2015 at 9:47 AM #

I can relate to your summer. After Raleigh 70.3 at the end of May, I had not signed up for anything else. I did do a sprint in late June and pondering an Oly in September. If you had asked me two months ago, I would have probably told you that I would have more on the calendar. I knew I wanted to do less, but thought the less would be more. I do want to make the final decision and register, because I think I need to focus back on a plan. I have remained active, but different from the structure of a plan.

Glad you are enjoying your summer and taking advantage of some fun activities. Balance is a very important piece of life!

4. Kristen L July 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM #

Must feel SO nice to have a more relaxing summer and just do what you want to do. πŸ™‚ Looks like you’re having a great time! We just saw trainwreck this weekend — SO funny!

5. Kristen July 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM #

Well, I can definitely relate to not having a lot on the schedule β€œrace-wise” this summer. πŸ˜‰ I was actually just thinking the other day how nice it has been to have the flexibility on weekends to be more spontaneous and do more outdoorsy stuff with my husband. It’s like we are dating all over again, which has been kind of fun. Don’t get me wrong – I miss racing and triathlon – but I’ve learned to enjoy the freedom of summer too!! I haven’t seen Train Wreck yet, but my husband and I saw Spy last weekend and thought it was really funny!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats July 26, 2015 at 10:46 PM #

It has been a nice and relaxing summer!! I was just thinking about what I wanted to do next summer!! Still not sure if I want to do another Full or not!! πŸ™‚

6. Brittany July 29, 2015 at 7:01 AM #

My summer has been nice and relaxing too! I’m just doing the workouts that I want vs. what I feel like I “have” to do.