Decision Time + Nuun Discount!

17 Oct

I know you have all been on the seat of your pants waiting for me to decide what I am going to do next year!!! Well I have finally come to a conclusion!!

I decided that I needed to figure out what BIG race I was doing and then I could work my way backwards. What BIG races were on the docket? Ironman Wisconsin, Maryland, Arizona, and Cozumel.

Dan and I talked it out on our run last weekend. It mostly came down to either a Pre-Ragnar Ironman or a Post-Ragnar Ironman. I really liked the idea of doing WI or MD because then I could go to Hawaii and not have to come home and still train for another 5-6 weeks.

It was Monday night and I literally had 5 minutes to decide before the price went up. I went with Wisconsin. I have only heard really good things about this race!! Go hard or go home! Right?! I couldn’t be more happy with my decision. Now to decide on coaching, bike transportation, lodging…all the hard things!! 🙂

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 9.02.01 PM

#330daycountdown #veryexcited

My favorite electrolyte company is turning 11! Go shop at Nuun for 11% off!!

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 10.42.53 PM

25 Responses to “Decision Time + Nuun Discount!”

1. Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life October 18, 2015 at 4:51 AM #

Congratulations Leslie on your decision! I still have to make some decisions for next year, but they will not include another IM. As always, I look forward to following your training! I know Kecia will be thrilled that you pushed the button on Wisconsin! Way to go!

• Kecia October 18, 2015 at 6:47 AM #

Lee, you know me too well!! I am so excited that Leslie will be racing #IMWI2016 🙂

• Lee @ Tri*Inspired*Life October 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM #

Ha ha Kecia! That was the first thing I thought of when I read Leslie’s post! It will be great to read the training posts as you two ladies progress next year. I will be jealous that you two will get in meet in person, but it will be so great!

• Kecia October 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM #

You could make a vacation out of it and come volunteer, spectate, and explore Madison. 😉 It is such a great city!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM #

Yes Lee you should come to Madison to spectate!!! 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 19, 2015 at 9:46 PM #

Thanks Lee! Can’t wait to see what you decide for next year!!

2. Kecia October 18, 2015 at 6:46 AM #

I am SO excited that you went with Wisconsin and I’m PUMPED that you’ll be racing #IMWI2016 🙂 I can’t wait to meet you in person!! It will be a fun journey to follow and share the ups and downs together 🙂

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 19, 2015 at 9:53 PM #

I am pumped too! Yes! I think its going to be good motivation to have each other training for the race!! 🙂

• Kecia October 20, 2015 at 2:18 AM #

It will be good motivation to have a virtual training partner 😊

3. Erica Heagy October 18, 2015 at 7:47 AM #

Yeah Leslie! Great decision. Looking forward to some swims, bikes and runs to get you ready to kill it!!

4. Heather October 18, 2015 at 10:26 AM #

Woo Hoo for choosing a race 🙂 Now you can plan plan plan, haha

5. Jenny emmerich October 19, 2015 at 10:56 AM #

Hi Leslie!
    I am sad to say that Matt and I are leaving Wisconsin and moving to Cincinnati early next year. We still have lots of family around madison (including a sister who lives on the bike course) so should be able to get back and cheer you on!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 19, 2015 at 9:58 PM #

I can’t believe you guys are moving!!!! Hopefully you will be able to come back to see us and cheer!!!

6. Kristen October 19, 2015 at 2:24 PM #

I know some ladies around the Wisconsin area that are going to be very excited that you will be racing there! That is so awesome that you will be traveling far for the race – something I would like to do at some point (further than car). Are you planning on making a vacation out of it… spending some time there? Happy Training!!!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats October 19, 2015 at 10:02 PM #

Yes totally excited to meet Kecia and Erin!! We are only going to go for a few days. I just don’t have the time off like I have had before. I’ve heard Madison is awesome so hopefully I will get to see a lot of it on course!! 🙂

7. Single-Tracked Mind October 20, 2015 at 10:28 AM #

This is awesome, Leslie! I’ve only heard good things about IMWI too. Happy training! 🙂

8. erin October 22, 2015 at 4:52 AM #

Whoop! Pumped you pulled the trigger on IMWI! You’re gonna love it! Looking forward to finally meeting IRL, too 🙂

9. Luv What You Do November 1, 2015 at 7:46 PM #

Woo hoo! I have to put it on my calendar and come cheer you on. I always say I want to go watch IM Madison (although everyone says I will sign up if I do) but we are always busy! Congrats and how fun!

10. Kristen L November 5, 2015 at 3:11 PM #

Ooo! I’m behind, but this is so exciting! Great decision!