All Things October!

1 Nov

Well here we are November 1, 2015!! It is definitely fall here in Portland. It has started to rain again. I have put fenders on my bike and bribed Dan to let me use some of his light because somehow I break or lose all of my mine!

It was a pretty fun October.

Dan and I took a ravioli making class.
IMG_4805
IMG_4809
I had two great friends come to town. I had 3 surprise adventures in store for them. The theme: water, boats, river.

River rafting in Hood River!
IMG_4813
whitesalmon_10-2-15_husum (114)
whitesalmon_10-2-15_husum (115)
Plus Double Mountain Brewery for dinner!
IMG_4822
IMG_4823

Brew-Barge tour on the river. (like a brew-cycle so we were still pedaling but we were on the river. You just bring your own drinks on and cruise around.)
IMG_4840
Lastly, we did an 80s night on the Portland Spirit (river cruise).
IMG_4842
IMG_4872IMG_4875
IMG_4885

We went to a Halloween party. I made this:
IMG_4913
Peanut Butter Nutella Candy Bar Brownie. <—Recipe!
IMG_4919
We were Supermarket Sweep contestants!! Who has watched that game show?? We watched an episode on YouTube right before the party. So funny!!!

We went to the corn maze and pumpkin patch!!
IMG_4920
image

Chocolate chip chunk and cashew cookies to take to work.
image

Halloween brunch to talk about 2016 races.
image

Before trick or treating…
image
Why did the bumble bee, puppy, and chicken cross the road? To get to the other side of course!!
After about 3 pieces of candy each…
image
It was hysterical!!

What was the highlight of your October??

17 Responses to “All Things October!”

1. Kecia November 2, 2015 at 8:16 AM #

Love this!! So much fun!! The highlight of my October was probably getting back into a workout routine. We really didn’t have an eventful October 😦

2. Luv What You Do November 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM #

I love all your costumes! Dressing up for the 80’s is always so fun! Now that it’s no longer the 80’s…ha ha! Your pasta looks beautiful! YUM!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 8, 2015 at 10:03 PM #

I know the 80s!! So funny…what are they going to call 00-09…the early thousands?! We have been wanting to make more pasta with our new skill but its totally time consuming!!

• Luv What You Do November 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM #

I feel like that about making bread! Who knows but at least the hair is not as bad : )

3. Kristen L November 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM #

Haha — what fun times! Those treats look amazing (I am on a big peanut butter and chocolate kick at the moment… and cookies. Maybe just all the sweets?!) Also, those ravioli look so good! I love making ravioli, but they take a lot of time pressing each one. Worth it in the end though.

Highlights of my October — visits from family, and going to the pumpkin patch. πŸ™‚

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 8, 2015 at 10:13 PM #

I just made these chocolate/peanut butter bars for Dan that look amazing but he is taking them to work!! 😦
      Yes! It was super fun taking the ravioli class but definitely takes a ton of time to make!!
      So fun everyone wants to see baby Trevor!!

4. bucketlisttummy November 6, 2015 at 1:40 PM #

Ahh I’ve been in Portland for 3 months now and I’m in love. The Brew Barge tour looks like so much fun! And I love how you had brunch to talk about upcoming races πŸ™‚ Sounds like my kind of group!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM #

There is definitely lots to do and see in Portland!! So fun to be new in town! The brew cycle is super fun too!!

5. erin November 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM #

What a fun month! Ravioli class = yes, please! Nick and I are planning to take a wine class, which may or may not be a good idea πŸ˜‰ ha!

6. Heather November 11, 2015 at 5:36 AM #

What a fun October! Full of friends, fun times and food! That candy pie= to die for! A coworker of mine made that last year and I couldn’t stop eating it! Hope November is just as great πŸ™‚

7. Single-Tracked Mind November 11, 2015 at 11:04 AM #

Looks like you had a pretty fantastic month! A ravioli making class sounds like a great date night idea!!

8. Lisa @ Lisa Runs for Cupcakes November 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM #

I’m not sure which looks better, the ravioli or the desserts! You look so happy in all these photos πŸ™‚ Glad to see life is treating you well!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats November 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM #

It was definitely a toss up but the ravioli was awesome!!! We have yet to make any at home. Its a lot of work! πŸ™‚